Jump to content
Forums

Is it worth playing?


Xeenz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys! 

I have started to play aion classic two weeks ago, i am glad that i have found an active legion, which helped me to get trough campaign to reach the end game.

Throughaut a gameplay i havent seen alot of players. 

After I have reached about the end game I dont see many players also. Ofcourse there are more than in lower levels but still..

For lets say in other servers there are a lot of population..

I thought there would be appropriate amount of players, because this is official server.

I would like to as people who are still playing here is it worth playing here for a new player like me, is it possible to have a decent pvp in lower gear, is it possible to get decent pvp gear and so on?

And how about administration, are they willing to do something about this game to get more active players on this game?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Xeenz said:

Hey guys! 

I have started to play aion classic two weeks ago, i am glad that i have found an active legion, which helped me to get trough campaign to reach the end game.

Throughaut a gameplay i havent seen alot of players. 

After I have reached about the end game I dont see many players also. Ofcourse there are more than in lower levels but still..

For lets say in other servers there are a lot of population..

I thought there would be appropriate amount of players, because this is official server.

Bad administration. NCwest did it all over again, the same shitshow as retail.

 

6 hours ago, Xeenz said:

I would like to as people who are still playing here is it worth playing here for a new player like me, is it possible to have a decent pvp in lower gear, is it possible to get decent pvp gear and so on?

It will be VERY TOUGH to get endgame PVP gear. The set, jewelry and weapon will cost you 6m~~ AP.

On a daily basis, considering:
1) That you win every single Dredgion (3x a day) and Tiak, and go to siege and get around 8k AP you can make around 46k AP.
2) If you lose every Dredgion encounter (3x a day) and Tiak, but still make 8k at siege, you are looking at 25k AP.1

Also there are daily and weekly Radiant and Fortuneer Token's quests that can get you around 24 Radiant Tokens total. Assuming you are lucky to open the Crown bags and get 4800 AP everytime, we are looking at 28k AP weekly. +2k AP from daily medal quests weekly. +10k AP from the Radiant quests weekly.

Winning-it-all + all quests weekly AP income: 362k  = 17 weeks (4-5 months) to get the endgame gear.
Losing-it-all + all quests weekly AP income: 215k = 28 weeks (7-8 months) to get the endgame gear.
Loosing-it-all but no quests weekly AP incoma: 175k = 34 weeks (8-9 months) to get the endgame gear.

I'm not considering PVP, fort instances, pass relics or events in this math, and the math could be completely wrong!

Now it is not that hard to get a full set of 40 elite pvp gear, lvl 30 pvp combine weapon and lvl 30 pvp accs. That should be less than 2 months.

6 hours ago, Xeenz said:

And how about administration, are they willing to do something about this game to get more active players on this game?

Don't expect NCwest to do anything that could bring players back. In my most honest opinion, whoever left is not coming back even if NCwest did something amazing (which they will most likely never do).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, thanks for such profesional answer about AP 🙂

Sounds it is really tough, takes much time.. but is it worth it? because this is mmorpg which needs other real players, not bots to have fun😃

So how about population, could you tell me how many active players  are there online on each side approximately?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Xeenz said:

Wow, thanks for such profesional answer about AP 🙂

Sounds it is really tough, takes much time.. but is it worth it? because this is mmorpg which needs other real players, not bots to have fun😃

So how about population, could you tell me how many active players  are there online on each side approximately?

Roughly 600~~ active players total maybe?! We don't have the data, obviously, but it's tough. On the bright side you don't really need a lot of people to do most of the content. If you happen to find 5 other players to play on a daily basis, you are set. My legion is very, very small and we can do pretty much everything that we want, and we don't even have an active cleric in the legion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Conman said:

Roughly 600~~ active players total maybe?! We don't have the data, obviously, but it's tough. On the bright side you don't really need a lot of people to do most of the content. If you happen to find 5 other players to play on a daily basis, you are set. My legion is very, very small and we can do pretty much everything that we want, and we don't even have an active cleric in the legion!

There's definitely less than 600 total active players but I agree it's hard to capture the metrics. From what I've seen at siege is there's less than 100 active players attending those and even then you have a lot of alts going as well. The population is in a steady decline and it is not improving. Aion will have a bump in pop with 2.2 release but seeing as how that's already late, it took them months to fix drop rates, months to fix upper abyss fort sieges and months to do the first round of AP trading bans after botching SR bans there's a lot of people that are done and fed up with the game.

Aion classic can still be enjoyable to play, but I personally wouldn't pick the game up here and now. If it's a possibility at all I'd wait until Aion Classic releases on EU (whenever that is) and go over there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you guys for all the answers. Sad to hear this, but also very strange to hear this. 

From what you have said I dont understand what is the purpose for developer to hold such  Aion classic server at all. 

Its a business after all, so as I understood they are bad at doing business then.. 

I believe they read theese forum too, so very very strange for such a waste of good oportunity to make better money than they are making right now.. to hear opinions of players (becouse I have read previous topics and i think asminiatration read it too) and do nothing to change that..

I will have to consider is it worth my time and money after all.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ontwo said:

Aion classic can still be enjoyable to play, but I personally wouldn't pick the game up here and now. If it's a possibility at all I'd wait until Aion Classic releases on EU (whenever that is) and go over there. 

I wonder what makes you think that Aion EU will be any different? Sure there will be a lot of people at the start, but it will be the same thing from start to end. They will have candies (every server had), they will have OP pass at the start (every server had) and that will fk up the economy from the get go. Even KR servers are empty now lol. They only play on the new server they opened with the release of Padmarashka, all others have less than 12% of capacity used (from the stats of MyAion).

 

13 minutes ago, Xeenz said:

Thank you guys for all the answers. Sad to hear this, but also very strange to hear this. 

From what you have said I dont understand what is the purpose for developer to hold such  Aion classic server at all. 

Its a business after all, so as I understood they are bad at doing business then.. 

I believe they read theese forum too, so very very strange for such a waste of good oportunity to make better money than they are making right now.. to hear opinions of players (becouse I have read previous topics and i think asminiatration read it too) and do nothing to change that..

I will have to consider is it worth my time and money after all.

All big corporations have that same problem: too many channels that some request has to go through to be approved. Before approving any changes here, NCwest has to ask for changes to NC korea and wait for a response. On top of that we rely on our concerns even being read to begin with lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Conman said:

I wonder what makes you think that Aion EU will be any different? Sure there will be a lot of people at the start, but it will be the same thing from start to end. They will have candies (every server had), they will have OP pass at the start (every server had) and that will fk up the economy from the get go. Even KR servers are empty now lol. They only play on the new server they opened with the release of Padmarashka, all others have less than 12% of capacity used (from the stats of MyAion).

I never said it would be any different, I just think it would be a better time/place to pick the game up rather than at the tail end of a dead server that is already a train wreck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new player will find it very hard and returnees.

Group content low level still very hard too complete.

Manastones still Extremely Expensive.

Pvp gear due to such low AP gains and being undergeared it will take a long time too gear unless sink real money into buying feeds.

Godstones still super expensive and rare,in 4.0  you could buy even silence/para etc super  cheap now nothing much under 100mil .

Kinah cap actually hurts players,as level you can easily spend 2 mil on skill books and yet your kinah capped.

The population is in a major decline you can see it on rankings and doing a search of all Zones,many in theo elthen heiron can easily be discounted as automated players.

Unfortunately ncwest having to go too Korea for every single change has killed both retail and classic,we have a HQ that really doesnt seem too care about this market and has missed multiple opportunitys over the years to make the game thrive in its niche market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ontwo said:

I never said it would be any different, I just think it would be a better time/place to pick the game up rather than at the tail end of a dead server that is already a train wreck. 

Oh sorry, my bad. And yes, I totally agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...