candy variety on the cash shop

Jiren-Siel

Hello, i am just wondering if there is a specific reason why we only have access to the transparent candies on the shop, if there isn't one would it be possible to have more variety added permanently? i know plenty of people who would purchase these candies myself included. Candy like the Penguins, Pandas, Fennec Fox, Sheep and Black Tiger(NOT THE WYVERNS). I think this would still leave a few different types of cooler candies for events still. Might it also be possible to add these better candies to the premium side of the daeva pass while leaving the wyverns on the free side. Just some thoughts from a player.

A lot of the people who left the game during launch did so because of the candies on the shop. The reasons were usually either "Candies don't belong in Classic" or "Candies make it possible to buy kinah with $". So the general reception of more candies on the shop is going to be interesting. A lot of people who continued to play Aion after 6.0 probably would be adverse to candies that aren't transparent because we all remember how we pretty much had to stare at a cartoon candy character all damn day... So I'm quite curious to see what other members of the playerbase have to say on the possibility of more non-transparent candies in the shop. I will say however, that I do wish we could get something other than the dang polar bear on the free side of the pass lmao.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:52 AM, Jiren-Siel said:

Hello, i am just wondering if there is a specific reason why we only have access to the transparent candies on the shop, if there isn't one would it be possible to have more variety added permanently? i know plenty of people who would purchase these candies myself included. Candy like the Penguins, Pandas, Fennec Fox, Sheep and Black Tiger(NOT THE WYVERNS). I think this would still leave a few different types of cooler candies for events still. Might it also be possible to add these better candies to the premium side of the daeva pass while leaving the wyverns on the free side. Just some thoughts from a player.

20 hours ago, Belen said:

We need more Candies for sure !!! C'mon Ncwest bring us the candies easy clap easy money easy win ty.

Are you both not on your right state of mind? EVEN IF they are untradeable: NO! Not sure what are you thinking....

2 hours ago, Cookie said:

A lot of the people who left the game during launch did so because of the candies on the shop. The reasons were usually either "Candies don't belong in Classic" or "Candies make it possible to buy kinah with $". So the general reception of more candies on the shop is going to be interesting. A lot of people who continued to play Aion after 6.0 probably would be adverse to candies that aren't transparent because we all remember how we pretty much had to stare at a cartoon candy character all damn day... So I'm quite curious to see what other members of the playerbase have to say on the possibility of more non-transparent candies in the shop. I will say however, that I do wish we could get something other than the dang polar bear on the free side of the pass lmao.

I'm with you 1000%. No candies at all. SPECIALLY NOT the ones NOT TRANSPARENT LOL.

Probably trolling, though.

40 minutes ago, Conman said:

Are you both not on your right state of mind? EVEN IF they are untradeable: NO! Not sure what are you thinking....

I'm with you 1000%. No candies at all. SPECIALLY NOT the ones NOT TRANSPARENT LOL.

Probably trolling, though.

why exactly would the candies be a bad thing now? lets be real here, all these proposed candies vendor for nothing if they can even be sold to the vendor at all and anyone who wants kinah these days is gunna get it no matter the which candies are on the shop. now if it's a stat advantage argument, these candies give the same stats as the transparent ones that have been in the game for ages....., So what is wrong with having some different types of candies available for purchase that do the same thing as the existing ones already for sale in the shop???

just wanna be a panda, penguin or something different sometimes you know :(

Edited by Jiren-Siel

On 9/21/2022 at 6:24 PM, Jiren-Siel said:

why exactly would the candies be a bad thing now? lets be real here, all these proposed candies vendor for nothing if they can even be sold to the vendor at all and anyone who wants kinah these days is gunna get it no matter the which candies are on the shop. now if it's a stat advantage argument, these candies give the same stats as the transparent ones that have been in the game for ages....., So what is wrong with having some different types of candies available for purchase that do the same thing as the existing ones already for sale in the shop???

just wanna be a panda, penguin or something different sometimes you know :(

If you read what I said I do state that even if they are not tradeable (and sellable by extent), I'd not want them in the game. Any candy, at all, and specially not ones being sold by Quna. They give people advantage, and mostly the ones paying more than a sub! Don't get me wrong as I do use candies. It increases my attack speed by 0.1 (not literally but it adds up with the other attack speed stuff) with the polearm and that is HUGE for glads (well, it is for me).

I don't know. I'd like a "cleaner game" without all of those things that add up to P2W. But that's just me...

3 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Cookie:
I doubt many care about the RMT part of candies at this point. You have to keep in mind that the kinah was a huge advantage at the start, yet is not so much anymore.

The kinah still gives people a gigantic advantage. You can buy AP (by buying KKM loot from other players), buy pretty much any crafted weapon/amor, buy loot rights, enchant your gear, socket your gear, buy godstones...

Now the candy kinah, yeah, that one is not all that relevant today, but it did start all of the problems...