Instance Entry Window

Attestant

15 hours ago, Edict said:

This thread is about the entry window and only the entry window. Can we have it so that the entry window is 3 minutes long instead of 2 minutes and change it so that the operating system taskbar tab flashes when an entry window pops up in game?

With all due respect….. Are you kidding me? Sounds like a personal problem if you miss the entry timeframe because you’re tabbed out.

6 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

With all due respect….. Are you kidding me? Sounds like a personal problem if you miss the entry timeframe because you’re tabbed out.

Yeah i'd rather them focus on more important enhancements and features other than somebody too lazy to check for a dredge pop because they are alt tabbed out watching netflix :D 

21 hours ago, Ontwo said:

Yeah i'd rather them focus on more important enhancements and features other than somebody too lazy to check for a dredge pop because they are alt tabbed out watching netflix :D 

They fixed a few things this week including the SR exploit where it had extremely abnormal drops. They surely know how to juggle a few things and what I asked for is barely a change in workload.

2 hours ago, Edict said:

They fixed a few things this week including the SR exploit where it had extremely abnormal drops. They surely know how to juggle a few things and what I asked for is barely a change in workload.

That's your opinion from a development standpoint and you have no idea what their sprints or cycles look like. Also programmatically do you know what it would take for Aion to send a system notification that alerts you to your instance popping? You have Windows 7, 8 and 10, linux, etc to account for also there's different events that happen in game when things happen. It's not just for one OS, not just for one version either. So don't think that your simple request is just so simple because they do stack up.

While yes I agree it's not a major overhaul to the game, from an engineering perspective looking at the system notification is what the bigger pushback on that idea is. I'm sure the 2 minute timer is just a variable that needs to be changed. Then again from a player perspective I already go in on insta pops so I don't want to sit around one more minute because another player is too lazy to pay attention or teams that are deciding to dodge or not.

So from a player perspective and engineering perspective both I still don't like this idea, but that's just my opinion.