Players are driving new/returnees away not just nc.

Jikon

Hello Fellow players.

I dont normally get upset but i want too point out some issues for new/return players.

There is only so much a player can achieve Solo to get geared for Pvp and pve.

This eltisit attitude and refusal to take new or return players into group or alliance content is going too turn more people away from coming back.

If you actually as a COMMUNITY want a healthy game helping out new/return players is appreciated.Trying to get people to let you into Tiak and siege groups is just ridiculous lately we cant all be 55 elite geared a little help goes a long way in retaining people who are giving this game another a chance.

Even since returning i have seen more people stop logging,while nc has made many mistakes in their management players are too blame as well.They dont want to foster and develop new or return players in pvp and pve.Really is sad the lack of community and help in this game now by established players and legions who see it as a waste of their time trying to help people that might stay if they see positive progression and some help.Peace all:)

It is not just selfishness of current players that drives away new players; it is also the sheer rabidness of these players. Players are unchecked by the lack of much needed additional moderation in game, festering into a weapon against themselves, and because of that they have become rabid, psychotic, and devoid of all human decency. This isn't really NCsoft's fault, it is just an unusual circumstance they have simply overlooked.

Basically we have players that are selfish originally, but go further to savagely attack anything that they fear is not like them, in fear that those not like them will kick them out of their majority thus forcing them out of their delusions and desires.

4 hours ago, Edict said:

Basically we have players that are selfish originally, but go further to savagely attack anything that they fear is not like them, in fear that those not like them will kick them out of their majority thus forcing them out of their delusions and desires.

This paragraph wasn't written correctly. I'll correct it.

Originally we have a majority of players that are selfish and delusional with selfish and delusional opinions. Whenever someone new or unlike them appears they savagely attack them to quit to keep the majority opinion the same on "the issues". It also doesn't matter what the new players are, the status quo is desired.

Edited by Edict

Well lets be real Aion Classic is dead on NA 

I started classic end of february this year,and i can say that game was more "alive" . There were groups for Adma,DC, DPA,DPS every day any time of a day. Ppl had a way to gear up get wht they need etc (even if drop rate sucked) it sucks now lets be real

Ppl nowdays only run BT hardmode(premade gropus 99% of a time) , less and less Udas runs (if ppl run Udas its 3-4 man run for accesories)

EU players suffer alot. Siege is 2-4 am for EU players ,Tiak and Arenas to (and for Rednecks NA ppl 30-50 % Na population is from EU) . Make Tiak 2 times a day, Arens to etc

Stigma stone skills are nyerking expensive 10-20mil for  ONE STIGMA SKILL?!!!! And ppl want new players LMFAO (even returning players cant afford that)

EU will get classic and ppl will go there. People even went to private servers cause NA classic is dead,and if u think its not pls you are delusional.Same 12+ ppl PVP on Asmo and Elyos side.

Cant get enough enchat stones/manastones (you can if u RMT) we all know that

Oh and only eltisit players are basicly left

I am going to start by acknowledging that there are toxic players here.  Sadly its a pvp game, and it does tend to bring out the.. competitive nature.. that some people have.   

That being said:   You are still a part of this community.  You are capable of making groups.  Meeting some of the MANY  good people who play.   I want to point out the many more good players than those who play for their egos.   If you dont know how to run something,  put that in your post.   UDAS- Lower/upper-  need experienced leader/teacher.  You get the idea.  You might be surprised who might step in to help.  Or their alt needs it, etc.  You cant expect people to just take you.   People have their own lives and maybe they dont have the time or other plans, but if you communicate it does give those who committed an idea of what they are in for.    Share that you are a new player.  After playing this game since beta its still one of my favorite things to meet a new player having these adventures for the first time. Or even the first time in a long time.  It also goes a long way with the rest of your group and the amount of patience they will extend to you

And one last point about needing stones and feeling the need to RMT.   The price of the daeva pass is fairly reasonable now.   While I personally believe it should be just included in the subscription,  they did finally listen to feedback.  They lowered the prices, lowered the number of required levels, and improved the benefits.   You can get all of the items just by doing the tasks.  lvl 91-100 stones are very good kinah if you dont need them,  or decide to prioritize other things first such as crafting or buying lootrights.   I am not really a big fan of the lootright system or having to bid for items,  but at least its a way to get what you want or need.    Many of those groups you are complaining about have put in the time and effort to run the instances.  They know what they are doing because they learned the mechanics, their class, and their group dynamics.  Its a social game.  Make some friends and you could do that too

New/Returning players definitely have it rough. The gear gap is always an issue any time you join a game like Aion after launch. Thankfully we do have a couple of new/returnee friendly legions. It's definitely important for a player coming back to the game to get into one of those, as yes, most LFG groups are not very open to new/returnee players. It's sad that things are this way, but since we have such a small player-base it's unsurprising. Due to the size of the NA community there aren't that many new players or people leveling alts, resulting in the severe lack of groups running lower level content. With the adjustments made recently, it is at least easier to level to 50 solo, though I must say it's pretty lonely. 

The Aion community has overall always been pretty bleh when you're a newcomer. There's a lot of blatant trolling and not a lot of genuine help when newbies/returnees ask questions in LFG. I usually try to whisper people to give them answers and I'm sure there are others who do as well. This community certainly has it's pockets of helpful and caring members, the problem is they're not always around when a newbie/returnee is asking for help. That's why it's so good we have legions like <Chapter One>. Legions that are welcoming of our returnee/newbie players and can help them better themselves and get acquainted with the game. 

I will agree though that Aion's NA player base has a lot of people who would rather troll or badger newbies/returnees. I've only seen this type of behavior in PvP focused games myself. 

I do agree with Amarah about the pass as well. I bought this month's pass, and it was the very first one I have purchased since I bought the one at the launch of the game. I normally struggle to make kinah, usually sitting at only 10mil in my inventory. However from only selling a couple of the stones I got from this Pass, I'm sitting at a cool 50mil from them. Sadly for new/returnees, there aren't very many ways to earn kinah. You can't really do sell runs since you likely need the gear, and selling craftables requires you to be able to afford leveling a craft... not to mention you won't make much off of it anyways due to the insanely low price of most consumables on broker. What with the cost of skills, stigmas, and whatnot while leveling, there's definitely an issue for new/returnees. I've seen some demolition and other gold world drop items sell decently on broker, but relying on getting lucky enough to have one drop while you're leveling is kind of bleh. 

12 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

I am going to start by acknowledging that there are toxic players here.  Sadly its a pvp game, and it does tend to bring out the.. competitive nature.. that some people have.

I don't know about what you said here, it might be some sort of modulating factor. Earlier I mentioned that people are trying to "expose" people's alts and usually it's always the same accusation that they are x, y, or z, but it's never anyone different, which is pretty much psychotic thinking everyone is the same three people. I don't think it is competitive nature, I think it's psychosis from being mistreated by the players for so long and/or from something outside the game. These people sometimes no longer can differentiate friend or foe. Somehow we attract these types of players, maybe because these types of people cling to the past and this is Aion Classic.

Edited by Edict