Collecting Kinah doesn't work / unable to obtain items at current time

Kephinio
Go to solution Solved by Cookie,

Hello fellow players!
I am a returning player and began playing Aion Classic a few days ago. Good thing we can now easily reset the character PIN, haha!
Everything seems to be normal and functioning. But one thing I've observed is that when I have killed an opponent, I see Kinah in the window among the items that were droppped, but upon "collecting" it, the balance in my inventory doesn't change.

One other problem is that sometimes I can't pick up items (e.g. boots), going along with a message along the lines of "You are unable to obtain items at current time". I made sure to have enough space in my inventory, so this shouldn't be the issue.

One last thought: Whenever I want to trade with someone the game says I'm in a restriction phase. I haven't found anything regarding that restriction phase yet. May that be because I am a returning player?

Thanks in advance! May Aion guide your path!

1 hour ago, Kephinio said:

Hello fellow players!
I am a returning player and began playing Aion Classic a few days ago. Good thing we can now easily reset the character PIN, haha!
Everything seems to be normal and functioning. But one thing I've observed is that when I have killed an opponent, I see Kinah in the window among the items that were droppped, but upon "collecting" it, the balance in my inventory doesn't change.

One other problem is that sometimes I can't pick up items (e.g. boots), going along with a message along the lines of "You are unable to obtain items at current time". I made sure to have enough space in my inventory, so this shouldn't be the issue.

One last thought: Whenever I want to trade with someone the game says I'm in a restriction phase. I haven't found anything regarding that restriction phase yet. May that be because I am a returning player?

Thanks in advance! May Aion guide your path!

In classic you need to buy a subscription to be able to play normally. Every day you get some time fully free to play and then after this timer ends you are restricted in many ways.

Edited by Arhangelos

• Solution

You get 2 hours a day with free Siel's Aura. After those hours are up, if you don't have a purchased subscription then you lose out on any items higher than white/common grade as well as any kinah that happens to drop.  So once your daily free Aura runs out you will be unable to loot any uncommonheroic, fabled, or eternal grade items that drop. You also lose the ability to gather items via Aethertapping/Essencetapping while your Aura is greyed out. The subscription cost is now only $10 which is much cheaper than most other subscription based MMORPGs where you're not even able to log into the game without an active subscription.

Here is a link detailing the changes that happened to Siel's Aura and what it now provides/what you get when you don't have it. 

Edited by Cookie

• 2 months later...

Hi

I  have a chanter lvl 40 and still cannot afford wep fusion.  Only junk drops, not a single gear item so far.  Some story quests are impossible to do because some expensive items are required.  I am reluctant to buy kinah from bots. 

On another topic, my ping is over 100 in London, while it is 15-25 on other games.  It appears that the server is not in Germany but on the dark side of the Moon.  Would be nice if they brought their game server somewhere nearer. 

I duly paid my 3 months subscription, but no gear drops so far, not a single one.  Not even 'white'.  Is it how it is supposed to be?

Drop bug. You don't need to fuse weapon while leveling though, the first weapon you need to fuse is 55 TAC really. But the drop bug makes it hard to get kinah for sure. If you want to have kinah while leveling your first char, you need to play blue quests, and be smart about the broker (sell valuable manastones etc).

But really, this game has over 1,000 blue quests. It's kinda funny that people play like 5 of those and then complain about not having kinah.

Edited by Eliseth

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, Eliseth said:

Drop bug. You don't need to fuse weapon while leveling though, the first weapon you need to fuse is 55 TAC really. But the drop bug makes it hard to get kinah for sure. If you want to have kinah while leveling your first char, you need to play blue quests, and be smart about the broker (sell valuable manastones etc).

But really, this game has over 1,000 blue quests. It's kinda funny that people play like 5 of those and then complain about not having kinah.

NOT a bug.

hi hi, not sure if this post is old, but drop rates changed and it seems like its not a bug, its probably the route the game is taking now, it seems like we are getting some updates to play the game differently as it used to be in terms of kinah, but i dont have the details.

About how to make some kinah, it seems like at low lvl, 30 i think, you can go to reshanta and join siege at siel and sulfur, that pays tradeable items, in this case, medals, and that can help you make some kinah, there is also an event tab in the daeva pass, it gives you an event coin each time if you complete certain kind of quests, and then u will be accumulating that currency, the npc can be found on the capital cities in sanctum and pandemonium and he sells a variety items, there is one item which's price is like 19 event coins and has a random medal, you can also aim for that, sell the medal and make some more money.

You also have the quest money option, blue quests normally pay some money, and there are a lot around, also coin quests, you can sell those coins too to make extra money, and btw, the money that comes from quests is not affected by the siel aura, i mean, u dont need the siel aura to actually get the money from quests, so its helpful when the aura runs out.

then when you get to lvl 51, run lower udas temple, there is a box in the end that gives kinah but you need the siel aura to get that kinah, make sure u run that when you log in.

and i think a bit later, if you farm sapphire medals, i think there is a recipe which lets you transform medals into tradeable medal boxes to sell.

thats all the info i have, i hope it helps a bit :P

They say this is AION Classic but back in the days before they spoiled it you never had the restrictions you have now. I used to play AION more than anything else by far as loved the game. I hate PvP because of my Autism I sometimes i am just too slow but then they spoiled the PvE . I was so happy when I heard about Classic but seems they have only done half of a job. I miss the old Aion but guess it's not about people enjoying the game just all money. I guess the best AION is dead and buried, RIP Aion 😭