has anyone else had this happen?

THIS happened AFTER I opened the NC Soft launcher and an UPDATE for AION automatically downloaded itself TODAY (Tuesday 4/4/2023 NOT your normal update day of Wednesday).

step 1 I launch the NC Soft launcher.
step 2 the game loads
step 3 screen with the building and the bird flying appears
step 4 THE SCREEN WITH THE EULA DOES NOT APPEAR <start of problem>
step 5 ERROR MESSAGE APPEARS THAT SAYS THE FOLLOWING: CANNOT CONNECT TO THE AUTHORIZATION SERVER
step 6 GAME CLOSES <END OF PROBLEM>

note: this ONLY occurs on AION. Aion Classic and all other NC SOFT games work normally.

steps I took to solve this issue:
1) run a "scan files" operation
2) uninstalled and reinstalled the game and launcher when (1) did not work

It's because the maintenance has been delayed (not Aion Classic) and is the reasoning behind your message. It should be back up sooner or later. There's no need to mess with your game, I'd just wait until the servers are up. 

1 hour ago, GenericUser23345 said:

THIS happened AFTER I opened the NC Soft launcher and an UPDATE for AION automatically downloaded itself TODAY (Tuesday 4/4/2023 NOT your normal update day of Wednesday).

step 2 the game loads
step 5 ERROR MESSAGE APPEARS THAT SAYS THE FOLLOWING: CANNOT CONNECT TO THE AUTHORIZATION SERVER

note: this ONLY occurs on AION. Aion Classic and all other NC SOFT games work normally.

Every week this happens when they run maintenance and I am too impatient to wait for them to tweet that it's back up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 1:52 AM, GenericUser23345 said:

step 2 the game loads

Actually I get this message on Classic when  NO maint. is happening. Have done the steps you tried some times it fixed it sometimes it didnt. I do believe however it is a server side issue with not much to be done about it

On 4/5/2023 at 2:52 AM, series said:

It's because the maintenance has been delayed (not Aion Classic) and is the reasoning behind your message. It should be back up sooner or later. There's no need to mess with your game, I'd just wait until the servers are up. 

Not the only reason it happens.