Economy for newbies

Ominosa

Hello, I have noticed that the prices in the broker are quite high for the little you earn during leveling.

I just started in Aion Classic, with my chanter, and everything I get that seems to have some value (mainly Stigmas that are not my class) I try to sell it in the broker, but often I have to compete with prices that are too low, like if people wanted to give away their stuff.

What do you recommend to a newbie to start building a good economy and not rely only on the drop?

(Spanish)

Hola, he notado que los precios en el broker son bastante elevados para lo poco que se gana durante el leveling.

Apenas acabo de comenzar en Aion Classic, con mi chanter, y todo lo que consigo que parece tener cierto valor(principalmente Stigmas que no son de mi clase)  trato de venderlo en el broker, pero frecuentemente tengo que competir con precios demasiado bajos, como si la gente quisiera regalar sus cosas.

¿Que recomiendan a un novato para comenzar a construir una buena economía y no depender solo de drop?

Edited by Ominosa

You shouldn't need much from the broker whilst you are leveling. Skill books are cheap until about level 40, and stigmas drop in most instances.

Run Haramel, NTC, Kromedes Trail, Steel Rake to get gear and some stigmas.

Thanks, I was afraid I needed to go to group instances. I'm on the Siel server and it's impossible for me to get a group for instances. The reasons are the same as always in minority games: Few people and few healers.

I'm going to keep going with what little I get, because with the multi-million Kinah prices of the Stigmas I have no other choice.

Edited by Ominosa

I rolled two characters on Nezekan server to see what leveling is like now and if you're familiar with the game it's not too hard. While I'm definitely not rich I have pretty much what I need to keep going around L38.

Some tips: 

Hover mouse over every NPC to see if they have quests, do any quest that has a kinah or gear reward. If it just has XP reward or some random items like scrolls don't do those unless they seem easy. For instance there are several quests that just want you to talk to another NPC somewhere to get introduced to a new area.

Avoid unnecessary travel, teleporter and flight fees add up and can eliminate kinah gain from quests. Do quests in clusters, if you see mobs for a different quest while you're running around, kill them while you're there.  

Use the "teleport to NPC" feature strategically to get around the map. Sometimes not completing a quest right away so you can still teleport to that location is better.

Kinah is more important than XP. The campaign missions will provide all the XP you need to hit L50.  

Do solo instances, the drops are slightly better in there and some like Haramel and Steel Rake can give several useful gear upgrades. Kromede's Trial at L37-42 is a good time to farm kinah. The end boss of KT can give a good weapon but is pretty hard and not worth it if you keep dying.  

Avoid dying, play it safe, use pots and scrolls to stay alive. It's gonna happen but try to keep it to a minimum.  

Don't pay for Soul Healing! It's almost never worth the cost. The only time it can be advantageous is if you're stuck at L49 and have a small amount of debt XP to reach L50.    

Don't buy every skill book, if you know your class well you won't need all of them right away. Know which ones you can skip the early ranks of. For instance on my tank, I skipped the first rank of Taunt because it was only useful as a short range pull skill. I was only using Greatsword then so I skipped the first ranks of the shield skills, etx

DP skills for instance are mostly unneeded until high levels, like 40+.  I never buy the Herb/Mana Treatment skills, potions are cheap and often free.

Use the Daeva Pass, check it often, if you activate all 4 passes you will have a good supply of items most of the time.  

Use your items! Rarely do you need to stockpile consumables during leveling. Run scrolls, food/drink, attack speed scrolls all will help you level faster and with more safety.

The campaign missions are not listed in order of difficulty, some are easy some are much harder. Do Reshanta campaigns as they open up however, overall they're pretty easy, give good XP and at the end you get a very useful wing upgrade.  

Clearing campaigns will get you most of the gear you need along the way so don't neglect them for too long.  

At L45 the game gets a bit harder and then it's a good time to shop the broker for accessories with all that kinah you saved.  

Keep an eye on Broker prices, look for good deals. Once in awhile you can find stuff for very cheap.  

Try to keep your Broker listings full, but only up to 10 listings, after that the listing fee increases and will eat into your profits.   

Hopefully this is a useful list of ways to save kinah while leveling. Good luck and remember to have fun, it's a game not a job :)

Thanks for the responses, I'll try to make the best of all of that. :D

On 6/19/2023 at 4:51 PM, Alance said:

I rolled two characters on Nezekan server to see what leveling is like now and if you're familiar with the game it's not too hard. While I'm definitely not rich I have pretty much what I need to keep going around L38.

Some tips: 

Hover mouse over every NPC to see if they have quests, do any quest that has a kinah or gear reward. If it just has XP reward or some random items like scrolls don't do those unless they seem easy. For instance there are several quests that just want you to talk to another NPC somewhere to get introduced to a new area.

Avoid unnecessary travel, teleporter and flight fees add up and can eliminate kinah gain from quests. Do quests in clusters, if you see mobs for a different quest while you're running around, kill them while you're there.  

Use the "teleport to NPC" feature strategically to get around the map. Sometimes not completing a quest right away so you can still teleport to that location is better.

Kinah is more important than XP. The campaign missions will provide all the XP you need to hit L50.  

Do solo instances, the drops are slightly better in there and some like Haramel and Steel Rake can give several useful gear upgrades. Kromede's Trial at L37-42 is a good time to farm kinah. The end boss of KT can give a good weapon but is pretty hard and not worth it if you keep dying.  

Avoid dying, play it safe, use pots and scrolls to stay alive. It's gonna happen but try to keep it to a minimum.  

Don't pay for Soul Healing! It's almost never worth the cost. The only time it can be advantageous is if you're stuck at L49 and have a small amount of debt XP to reach L50.    

Don't buy every skill book, if you know your class well you won't need all of them right away. Know which ones you can skip the early ranks of. For instance on my tank, I skipped the first rank of Taunt because it was only useful as a short range pull skill. I was only using Greatsword then so I skipped the first ranks of the shield skills, etx

DP skills for instance are mostly unneeded until high levels, like 40+.  I never buy the Herb/Mana Treatment skills, potions are cheap and often free.

Use the Daeva Pass, check it often, if you activate all 4 passes you will have a good supply of items most of the time.  

Use your items! Rarely do you need to stockpile consumables during leveling. Run scrolls, food/drink, attack speed scrolls all will help you level faster and with more safety.

The campaign missions are not listed in order of difficulty, some are easy some are much harder. Do Reshanta campaigns as they open up however, overall they're pretty easy, give good XP and at the end you get a very useful wing upgrade.  

Clearing campaigns will get you most of the gear you need along the way so don't neglect them for too long.  

At L45 the game gets a bit harder and then it's a good time to shop the broker for accessories with all that kinah you saved.  

Keep an eye on Broker prices, look for good deals. Once in awhile you can find stuff for very cheap.  

Try to keep your Broker listings full, but only up to 10 listings, after that the listing fee increases and will eat into your profits.   

Hopefully this is a useful list of ways to save kinah while leveling. Good luck and remember to have fun, it's a game not a job

Thanks for the responses, I'll try to make the best of all of that. :D

On 6/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, Shirene-DN said:

There is absolutely no point to start here now as a new player, NA classic is a desert in shambles, NC did their best to destroy it over time. My advice: quit before you start.

Any recommendations on where a new player could go or what to wait for? Thanks