Weekly Maintenance - February 27, 2024

Rownen

@Rownen Are you aware that valentines day ended nearly two weeks ago at this point, that everyone who cared to complete the event already did, and that we have literally nothing else to do in game that is related to an event / is an incentive for players to do?

I ran 2 BTHM's this week (exclusively in-legion runs, there was basically zero actual LFG runs being advertised during the entire week) and had *1* (one) (uno) eternal drop between them. Gosh, I sure felt like doing more BT after that incredible loot pinata. Not to mention the padma's and the Tiamat I killed this week that dropped a grand total of: nothing but dazzling crystals, which don't even cover the cost of the consumables utilized within the instance.

It is well past time that we not only get a roadmap for the upcoming patch dropping, but also some kind of reason to keep people playing *and paying* for your game. I don't understand still how we had a great month of the wildcard + 100% drop rate events and ya'll just turn it off with no regard for how the game feels afterwards, no promise of patch incoming, no news whatsoever. What do you guys actually DO when you're in the office? Sit around and twiddle your thumbs? Is all communication between you and NCSoft Korea done through carrier pigeon, making each message between you and your supervisors take months? It is genuinely hilarious how disconnected you as GM's feel from your playerbase. And sure, I'm not in the official discord where you troll and pick favorites amongst the populace, but I shouldn't have to be to have my voice be heard. To be honest, I dont think you ever even read my posts on these forum announcements. You just log in to your account, copy paste the nothingness that week, and log back out. Check still cashes, right?

Sad to see the death spirals that this game is currently engaged in. If it wasn't for the community that I personally have cultivated in this game that allows me to complete content, it would be impossible to find fun things to do, an issue i commonly see amongst any newer players that attempt to break into the fold of the games population. And even then, with the most active Asmo side legion in the game (25-30 online at peak times), we still sometimes have nothing to nyerk'ing do besides run around in circles or do the same instances with no loot for the 100th time. Oh boy, lets go run telos and have an empty Enraged Samael for the seventh time this week!

Happy Valentines Day (two weeks late, just like this event)

Wolffist

@RownenGenuinely curious; I play on the NA server and just came back to the game and I'm wondering how it makes any sense to do weekly maintenance on a Tuesday afternoon at 3:00pm PST for 2+ hours?? When most people would be playing... Why not do it at an appropriate time like maybe idk....  in the very very early hours of the morning when no one is playing like most successful games do? Maybe something to ponder and help the ever declining player base.

Edited by Kahthonia

13 minutes ago, Kahthonia said:

@RownenGenuinely curious; I play on the NA server and just came back to the game and I'm wondering how it makes any sense to do weekly maintenance on a Tuesday afternoon at 3:00pm PST for 2+ hours?? When most people would be playing... Why not do it at an appropriate time like maybe idk....  in the very very early hours of the morning when no one is playing like most successful games do? Maybe something to ponder and help the ever declining player base.

The maintenance is more than just North America,  Taiwan, Japan are offline to in completely different time zones.

4 hours ago, Kahthonia said:

They do it at morning time for Korea cause it's convenient -for them-, we in NA are meaningless. In Euro classic it's at 8:30 AM since they are not at the mercy of NC, separate publisher.

Edited by Shirene-DN

• Rownen unpinned this topic