Coming back to Aion after a few years

GenericUser11748

The last time I played Aion the gunners and songweavers had been out for a few months, so it's been a while.

Of course the big shock was all my accounts gone, so I'm guessing they all just got screwed over with the missing Israphel server and there's no way to get them or anything on them back.

So first is where can I buy skills? I remember you could buy a couple in Poeta, and the rest in Sanctum, but the people who used to sell them don't have the option anymore?

Also what is the name of that thing that gives you special rewards for completing certain in game tasks? I can't remember the specifics other than the one where you have to get a specific ring off a certain boss, then you go to the page and get a reward. (everyone would juggle the ring in trades before the soul binding timer) I think there was a reward for killing someone going through a rift too.

Katalam or Danaria? Or does it not really matter with the fast track server?

I got some level 10 armor and weapons right after doing the quest to become a daeva (from the person who used to sell skills) and it says to use until like level 50. I mean it looks awesome but is it really that good? Is it even better than the armors you used to get from bronze/silver/gold coins or AP?  Or better than the stuff the instance bosses drop?

And I think my last question will be money.  

What's a decent way to make some? I wanna get the 15m to change my motion. lol

Back when I played I used to buy some kind of skin or hide or w/e, then upgrade it with the crafting skill and sell it for waaay more than I paid. Maxed out the leather/cloth crafting and made bank. Other than that I don't have too many memories on the game.

Or if there's anything else I should know, feel free to tell me!

Israphel is now Danaria. The only reason your accounts would be deleted is if they were still logged in with a user name instead of an email.

You automatically get skills. No more wasted kinah there.

Atreian Atlas is long gone (the page thing and the ring).

Either server is good.

The level 10 armor/weapon will last you til 55, when you get your next set from the Enshar/Cygnea campaign quest (yellow quest).

Worry about money when you're 66+. xD You should level fast just doing the dark blue and gold quests. If you search the forums a bit, you might find people who've best explained how to get the kinahz and other guides.

Crafting is pretty much useless. It's been replaced by aetherforging (level 66+).

70+-75 takes for fooking ever to level, so don't fret about cap level, really. Also, there's a major patch (6.0) coming out anywhere from probably June-October that completely revamps everything about the game. There's a whole thread about that in General Discussion, I think. The game is still playable for now and everything. Just keep that in mind, though.

Also make sure you are doing Luna everyday. It is the purple moon icon to the right of the skillbar. You can do Contaminated Underpath daily and Secret Munitions Factory once a week. You get xp from those instances and mats for crafting. Under Karunerk's Workshop you can craft one free box daily as well. i would recommend watching videos on youtube on how to complete them before you try them. 

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Israphel is now Danaria. The only reason your accounts would be deleted is if they were still logged in with a user name instead of an email.

You automatically get skills. No more wasted kinah there.

Atreian Atlas is long gone (the page thing and the ring).

Either server is good.

The level 10 armor/weapon will last you til 55, when you get your next set from the Enshar/Cygnea campaign quest (yellow quest).

Worry about money when you're 66+. xD You should level fast just doing the dark blue and gold quests. If you search the forums a bit, you might find people who've best explained how to get the kinahz and other guides.

Crafting is pretty much useless. It's been replaced by aetherforging (level 66+).

70+-75 takes for fooking ever to level, so don't fret about cap level, really. Also, there's a major patch (6.0) coming out anywhere from probably June-October that completely revamps everything about the game. There's a whole thread about that in General Discussion, I think. The game is still playable for now and everything. Just keep that in mind, though.

Hey thanks! Really appreciate the reply!

Is it even better than that one quest set where you have to craft some super expensive thing that fails half the time and kill 98327492837 monsters in some... canyon?? (A+ memory)

It's blowing my mind they give you something like that right off the bat. I don't mind the free skills though! Do you get them from an NPC still?

Can you start aetherforging right away? Are the collecting things useless too? I remember those floating rocks were pretty good at one point. Or maybe just pretty good for a newbie. lol

4 minutes ago, Ashtar-KT said:

Also make sure you are doing Luna everyday. It is the purple moon icon to the right of the skillbar. You can do Contaminated Underpath daily and Secret Munitions Factory once a week. You get xp from those instances and mats for crafting. Under Karunerk's Workshop you can craft one free box daily as well. i would recommend watching videos on youtube on how to complete them before you try them. 

Thanks! 

Archived