Back from 4 years ago, and now I'm a little lost.

Rawfty-KT

Hey all! I havent played since the Katalam days, but I just re-installed and have been trying to figure out what in the world happened.

I would like to know what is the standard gear to get (preferably eternals; i can't do much instances because i work full-time now). The last thing i was doing prior to quitting was harvesting blood marks from camps, to get the pvp eternal gear. Following questions:

1) Where can I harvest blood marks, now? Ceramium coins?

2) Are there weekly/daily BM/CC quests that don't involve straight PVP (like in the Katalam days)?

3) Are Kahrun symbols still a thing?

FYI I'm a casual player :) so I am not familiar with acronyms. Help me out. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Rawfty-KT said:

I would like to know what is the standard gear to get (preferably eternals; i can't do much instances because i work full-time now). The last thing i was doing prior to quitting was harvesting blood marks from camps, to get the pvp eternal gear.

First big change, eternals are nowadays crap, even for new players. You should be looking for mythics.

13 minutes ago, Rawfty-KT said:

1) Where can I harvest blood marks, now? Ceramium coins?

Old tokens are mostly useless now, but if you still want to farm them, you can.

Blood Marks can be obtained from camps in Levinshor and Upper Reshanta (same system as Crapalam). Also instances such as Linkgate Foundry, Occupied Rentus Base and Seized Danuar Sanctuary. Ceramium Coins come from quests and instances in Enshar/Cygnea.

The only good use for Blood Marks nowadays is getting Mythic Greater Supplements, and maybe buying the gear to turn it into AP. Ceramium Coins are useless in every single way (the gear is useless and ugly).

24 minutes ago, Rawfty-KT said:

2) Are there weekly/daily BM/CC quests that don't involve straight PVP (like in the Katalam days)?

Already answered this above, but worth noting both zones are empty (mostly). Reshanta is mainly a siege map for most, so little to no PvP.

25 minutes ago, Rawfty-KT said:

3) Are Kahrun symbols still a thing?

Kahrun gear (RIP best support set) was removed along with Sarpan, Tiamaranta and Katalam. You can still turn Kahrun's Symbols into Ancient Coins in Cygnea/Enshar, but nowadays... meh.

Ok, with questions out of the way, lets talk about gear progression. You have a few options in terms of starter gear. Most Archdaeva gear (66+) is tradable until you equip it, meaning you can buy gear from broker if you wish. Also, worth noting we have a new stat now called PvE attack/def (works the same as PvP stats).

One could be Spinel Coin gear (tokens are obtained from quests and instances in Norsvold/Iluma). It has both PvE and PvP stats, not amazing, but something if you are completely naked (which seems to be your case). Alternatively, you have the Labyrinth gear, dropped from Archives of Eternity. Make sure you are not confusing it with the Vibrant Dawn gear (no manastone slots, unenchantable), as those are base items you use to upgrade them into the upgraded version (Labyrinth set).

If you get lucky with prices or have a bit of kinah you can skip the previous tier of gear and go straight for Apollon's. This one comes from Cradle of Eternity (and Trials of Eternity, but we dont talk about that). It is basically today's Kahrun set, allows you to do almost everything endgame. You can farm it, but CoE is rather unforgiving if you are not that geared. Really important though, do not confuse Apollons sets of the same name. Same system as in AoE, you have a base item (no manastone slots, cannot be enchanted) which you upgrade into its better version. The gear you want is the upgraded version with manastone slots and so.

Once fully geared up, you can begin working on high end gear; Master Harvester gear and Gray Wolf accessories. The first one comes from Bastion of Souls (from purifying normal Harvester gear, its untradable, etc) requiring special srones from this instance. The accessories are bought from a merchant in Norsvold/Iluma with Gray Wolf Marks and Spinel Coins. To get Gray Wolf Marks, you can win in Evergale Canyon (PvP instance) and turn in fragments into soulstones through a specific quest, and soulstones into Gray Wolf marks through an NPC. Otherwise, weekly quests in artifacts in Norsvold/Iluma.

Archived