Verification Code

Shayded-KT

I recently came back and had to go through the verification's for 3 accounts. Shortly after I lost my net and had to do the verification emails again. About 30 minutes after I was back on we had a power bump.....and had to do them again.... I have static ip so as long as I can keep it on I am okay. Question is anyway around having to do this? One email from however does this at NCsoft took 27 minutes response ( they are time stamped). Did they forget to lick the stamp before sending it? This is the only game I have seen that has this verification and it is quite a pain. Oh and yea later that evening had another power bump and lost it again. Start all over. Where I live in boondocks it can happen frequently at times, I know it is my problem, just looking for some kind of work around it.

I don't think there's a workaround for the verification emails, but if you're willing to spend a little money, a UPS might mitigate the amount of times your modem/router resets and loses its assigned IP.

If your power is dropping out frequently, investing in a UPS is a good idea anyway since it'll protect your hardware against electrical surges. A 900W UPS is usually $200+/- and sufficient for most PCs, a monitor, and other peripherals. It'll give you enough time to save your work and power down all critical components before the battery itself needs to be recharged. If you don't need to protect everything, you can opt for a cheaper model (some go for $50 or less) and just plug your modem/router into it. The UPS should be able to keep your modem/router powered on until your electricity is restored, preventing the loss of your IP.

Alternatively, call your ISP and tell them you want to reserve a specific IP address. They'll probably charge you an annual fee for it, but if you're really aggravated by the verification emails, it'll do the trick.

Thanks Forgotten, Don't know why i didn't think of a UPS we have a lot of them at work. Yes it is frustrating how long it all takes to get back in game. If you are in a instance when it happens your done with that by the time you get back on.

Archived