Is my laptop suitable to download AION??

MinJ-DN

hello! I used to play AION on my hp laptop but the laptop had  always shown me the 'no boot device found' after a period of time when I downloaded AION and the laptop would blank out and unable to use. Is it due to the game or is it my computer is not suitable for it? Now I have Lenovo yoga laptop and I was wondering if this laptop would be suitable to download AION again? Not really a hardcore gamer so im not sure about computer requirements for such games, would appreciate any replies!

5 hours ago, MinJ-DN said:

Is it due to the game or is it my computer is not suitable for it?

Your HDD either got corrupted or straight up died. It had little to nothing to do with AION client being installed. 

As mentioned by Kubei, you would have to drop a little more information about your laptop than "Lenovo Yoga", for us to give you a solid answer. Then what we can tell you for now is that the most basic version of the recent Yoga laptops (not older than 2 years) come with Intel IGD cards, and those can hold AION on very low settings with playable performance. Just dont expect to go out in sieges with it. 

hi thanks for the reply! my laptop is Lenovo Yoga 520 and I took the systemrequirementslab test ytd my results are below

RequiredYou Have

Hardware T&LYesYes

Pixel Shader2.05.1

Total Video RAM128 MB6.0 GB

Vertex Shader2.05.1

CPU SPEED

Minimum: 2.8 GHz CPU or equivalent

You Have: 4 GHz

RAM

Minimum: 1 GB

You Have: 8.0 GB

OS

Minimum: Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7

You Have: Windows 10

FREE DISK SPACE

Minimum: 40 GB hard disk space

You Have: 422 GB

Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.

DIRECTX VERSION

Minimum: DirectX 9.0c

You Have: 11.0

I seem to meet the requirements except for OS part where they put a question mark. Can I still download AION with these specs?

15 hours ago, Mischief-DN said:

Your HDD either got corrupted or straight up died. It had little to nothing to do with AION client being installed. 

As mentioned by Kubei, you would have to drop a little more information about your laptop than "Lenovo Yoga", for us to give you a solid answer. Then what we can tell you for now is that the most basic version of the recent Yoga laptops (not older than 2 years) come with Intel IGD cards, and those can hold AION on very low settings with playable performance. Just dont expect to go out in sieges with it. 

hi thanks for the reply! my laptop is Lenovo Yoga 520 and I took the systemrequirementslab test ytd my results are below

RequiredYou Have

Hardware T&LYesYes

Pixel Shader2.05.1

Total Video RAM128 MB6.0 GB

Vertex Shader2.05.1

CPU SPEED

Minimum: 2.8 GHz CPU or equivalent

You Have: 4 GHz

RAM

Minimum: 1 GB

You Have: 8.0 GB

OS

Minimum: Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7

You Have: Windows 10

FREE DISK SPACE

Minimum: 40 GB hard disk space

You Have: 422 GB

Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.

DIRECTX VERSION

Minimum: DirectX 9.0c

You Have: 11.0

I seem to meet the requirements except for OS part where they put a question mark. Can I still download AION with these specs?

7 hours ago, MinJ-DN said:

[...] Can I still download AION with these specs?

Yes, you can. The Intel® HD Graphics 620 you have should handle the game well on low/medium settings (standard graphics engine). About the OS part; I assume that it's because W10 wasn't included on the referred testing tool, but you should have no problems because of that.

If anything, just set the game to run in compatibility mode with Windos 7. To do so: Right click the AION Launcher on your desktop⯈ Properties ⯈ Select "Compatibility" tab ⯈ Check the compatibility box ⯈ Select "Windows 7" from the dropdown list ⯈ Apply.

13 minutes ago, Mischief-DN said:

Yes, you can. The Intel® HD Graphics 620 you have should handle the game well on low/medium settings (standard graphics engine). About the OS part; I assume that it's because W10 wasn't included on the referred testing tool, but you should have no problems because of that.

If anything, just set the game to run in compatibility mode with Windos 7. To do so: Right click the AION Launcher on your desktop⯈ Properties ⯈ Select "Compatibility" tab ⯈ Check the compatibility box ⯈ Select "Windows 7" from the dropdown list ⯈ Apply.

thank you so much! really appreciate your help! :D

Archived