Post Buff PF Requirements (Chanter)

LordAsherion-KT

As i mentioned in the title, people say that the requirements for PF have changed after the buff the mobs and instances got. Videos and guides mention chanters needing a minimum of 10k accuracy and a minimum of 50k hp to survive and being able to have stable dps without misses. Now, after the buff, what extra do we need? I am asking specifically for chanters because ,usually, since a long ago (3.0 patch) we used to have lower requirements than the pure dps classes due to the nature of our class, being a support-dps hybrid. Finally, what daevanion skills are a MUST HAVE for the instance.

Although the PF and IDD bosses hit harder now, the accuracy required for them has actually been lowered. I used to have 13k accuracy on my chanter unbuffed, no mantras, back in 6.2 and I would be dodged by them about 5% of the time. I have removed a bunch of accuracy stones and replaced them with physical attack so that my accuracy unbuffed is now 12.3k. I am still only being dodged about 5% of the time. This is on chanter, btw. So you'd be good to go with about 11.5k accuracy or 11k minimum. 10k is probably going to be a bit too low for you to be useful in the instance though. Note, Word of Inspiration will give you 400 accuracy, so if you get your unbuffed to 11k, you should be good to go with Inspiration buffing your accuracy further. 11k is easy to achieve if you socket accuracy manastones and retune your gear to include accuracy.

I'd say the only "must have" daeva skill is Rejuvenating Spell. There are a couple clerics who are capable of healing PF with absolutely no help whatsoever, but I'd say at least 75% of clerics need help when the adds spawn because there's just a shit ton of damage going on. A lot of groups will want a chanter who has Rejuvenating. If you don't have Rejuvenating, at least socket Word of Life. Pop Word of Quickness and Block Curtain during the adds for your cleric. My group gets two sets of adds. On the first set, I pop Quickness, Rejuvenating, Word of Life, and Perfect Parry. On the second set, I pop Block Curtain and the other three since Quickness will still be on cd.

Regarding HP, 50k is fine. My dps set only has 57k and I've never been one-shot or anything. I wouldn't go any lower than like 47k though.

Thanks a lot Vantheria. Yeah im already at around 10k accuracy without socketing so after manastones i should be good to go. Thankfully i have Rejuvenating. I was mostly worried about the mini wow daevanion which i have never been lucky enough to get. Also, no Crit Strike requirement whatsoever because people told me i need 2.5k crit which i find pretty hard considering im sitting at 1.5k with retuning, so i wanted to ask another chanter since they know our class better. Again thanks a lot for your time and the info you provided. ^^

1 hour ago, LordAsherion-KT said:

I was mostly worried about the mini wow daevanion which i have never been lucky enough to get.

Fam, I feel ya. I've had 21 legendary duplicates. I am only missing two skills, and Roaring is one of them! Siiiigh. However, in my PF group, one of my groupmates, a sin, is already at capped attack speed with his weapons and legendary transform. The other sin in my group is very close to cap. As people get better gear and better transforms, their attack/cast speeds are pretty dang nice even without it. So it's not a huge crisis if you don't have it. It's a great skill, don't get me wrong -- and I want it a lot -- BUT it's not a dealbreaker.

1 hour ago, LordAsherion-KT said:

people told me i need 2.5k crit which i find pretty hard considering im sitting at 1.5k with retuning

Crit is very important for pvp. It is less important for pve due to how the crit modifiers work. Save your expensive crit stones for your pvp gear. Socket physical attack once you get your accuracy high enough.

Archived