[Chanter] Need Advice

Selande-KT

After a good time away, i come back recently. Until now, i was trying to learn and understand all the new stuff.

I like this patch, and it's time to take the game more seriously. So, i have questions :

- Desired stats for pve ;

I'm just running FM, 'cause i don't want to mess up any run.

Currently on full Pandora Legendary, staff, plume, bracelet and wings from FM and a mix of acessories 

- Stigmas for pve; 

What is the fast / best way to enchant 'em?

I'm using Mountain Crush, Blessing of Stone, Healing Burst, Splash Swing / Word of Inspiration,  Annihilation in most of the situation.

- Chanter Role ;

What do people expect from chanter nowdays?

It have been confusing. They announce on LFG "need heals, dps and chanter" and i don't apply 'cause i don't know what i'm supposed to do.

That's all for a while 

Chanter is a very versatile class and, as such, there are many ways to play it. The info I will give you below is just my opinion. It's not necessarily what's right for you or another chanter! Hopefully some other chanters will also give you their own advice and you can develop your own play style. :)

3 hours ago, Selande-KT said:

- Desired stats for pve ;

I'm just running FM, 'cause i don't want to mess up any run.

My pve dps and healing sets are pictured below. Stats are buffed with Instigation and food/xform, but no 4k dp buff or Blessing of Wind on the dps set and no heal boost buffs on the support set. The dps set is endgame gear as it is all red and 3 of the pieces are the new red gear; the heal boost set is mid-level gear. I mention that because if you are just focusing on FM right now, you won't have this gear yet, and that's okay! Just work on getting your purple pieces. Once you are mostly purple with just 2-3 golds, you can start running PF to try to get some red pieces. Once you have your red pieces from PF, you can start to do Stellin Lab easy mode to get the other red pieces. ** Note, if you have geared friends to carry you, you can do that stuff sooner. *** Second note, I only talked about pve gear since you were talking about pve, not pvp.

jfpyvKj.jpg vFeb39A.jpg 

- Stigmas for pve; 

What is the fast / best way to enchant 'em?

I'm using Mountain Crush, Blessing of Stone, Healing Burst, Splash Swing / Word of Inspiration,  Annihilation in most of the situation.

Use duplicate stigmas to enchant to +4. From that point on, I recommend using the Stigma Enchantment Stones so that you don't break your stigma back to +0. I would recommend you take a closer look at Leaping Flash. It didn't use to be super useful because it was a charge skill. Now, it is almost insta-cast and it has a shorter cd. It's a guaranteed knockdown that hits a decent amount of damage, and it is now viable in pvp too since it's a very fast cast. I also highly recommend you take another look at Blessing of Wind. It is an extremely op skill that will boost your dps a lot.

Here are the stigmas I use:

I use this set-up any time I am in a group. The vision, Word of Instigation, is very op for all physical classes. I highly recommend using this set-up when you're with a group because you will boost everyone's dps a lot. The only exception is if you're in a class full of magics. Magic classes do not benefit from Word of Instigation.
RsBqfAW.jpg

I use this set-up when I am by myself:
le8Ebwi.jpg

Sometimes I will use this set-up if I don't need to be boosting group dps, but still need to have a 20k heal (Healing Burst) on hand just in case. Or I might put something else in place of Mountain Crash, just depending on the situation. I will always use Blessing of Wind in any situation that I can though, if I don't have to be Instigation spec.
hZEaXAR.jpg

- Chanter Role ;

What do people expect from chanter nowdays?

It have been confusing. They announce on LFG "need heals, dps and chanter" and i don't apply 'cause i don't know what i'm supposed to do.

In my opinion, a chanter is a jack of all trades. I won't take a heal-only chanter or a dps-only chanter in a group if I'm on another toon. It is my belief (again, others will have other opinions) that a chanter should be able to dps, shield, buff, and heal. That's how the class was designed. If you have a cleric, great, you should absolutely be dpsing (and buffing). However, if the cleric disconnects or dies or whatever, you should be ready to start healing immediately. You should be able to discern when your group needs to be shielded, when clerics need to be helped, etc. Chanter requires a lot of spatial awareness. You have to be the kind of person who notices a lot. All of that said, again, this is only my opinion! You should absolutely play the class in whatever way you feel most comfortable. This is a game after all, and games should be fun. :)

As a note though, you won't be able to main heal endgame instances without a heal boost set and proper support stigmas. So if that is something you think you might want to do, I'd recommend getting some heal boost accessories and your missing heal stigmas -- Elemental Screen and Word of Life. Also, you will need the Daevanion skill called Rejuvenating Spell (get from weekly Aetherforging craft/events/GoldSandTraders/shugo in instances). It looks like/does this:

kguwTce.jpg

Wow, i should print your answer and stick behind my pc....

I didn't mentioned pvp because i just evade it as much as i can. Ping issues...

About the stigmas, it have been a long time since i last tried Blessing of Wind and Numbling blow. My mistake.... I have no idea how it has changed.

I'm trying to get my daevanions. For now i have cleansing recovery spell, wich is pretty good, both of inescabapable judgement and other random Chained Crush chains.

My last question (i'm sure i know the answer): is there a specific set for specific role or can i just retune until i get what i want?

12 hours ago, Selande-KT said:

Wow, i should print your answer and stick behind my pc....

Haha definitely don't! There are undoubtedly some chanters out there who would see my response and be like, "Wow I hate that!" Like I said, you will have to develop your own play style. :)

About the stigmas, it have been a long time since i last tried Blessing of Wind and Numbling blow. My mistake.... I have no idea how it has changed.

I'm trying to get my daevanions. For now i have cleansing recovery spell, wich is pretty good, both of inescabapable judgement and other random Chained Crush chains.

Yeah totally, the skills have changed a lot! You might just set aside some time to really read every skill description.

Cleansing Spell is really good when you're by yourself. I, personally, don't find it useful in a group setting. However, those Daevanion skills are RNG, unfortunately. You can't control what you get out of the box! :( Overwhelming Judgment is a VERY good Daevanion skill. Chaos Smash is also excellent. Here are the Daevanion skills I like to use.

I use this probably 90% of the time as I am usually in a group. Note, I rarely use Roaring Judgment because all of my friends have legendary transforms so they don't really need it and it would decrease my dps. However, Roaring Judgment is useful in pve for lesser-geared groups.

li5y34g.jpg

This is what I use when I am by myself in pvp (which rarely happens because I don't like playing by myself lol):

JCpjVhp.jpg

My last question (i'm sure i know the answer): is there a specific set for specific role or can i just retune until i get what i want?

Yep, the latter! You just retune (with kinah) to get the stats you want. Every class can retune to the same thing. For example, a gladiator can retune to healing boost -- not that they would, of course lol. So you'll just have to keep retuning until you get the stats you want.

Archived