Help me catch up a bit?

Lyosha

So I reinstalled Aion for nostalgic reasons yesterday and am a bit lost.

My Aion Background: I played all the way from 3.5 to 5.8 (I think?) Last time I played Adma and Theo were cool again for higher levels and Norsvold was the place to be while you grind mobs for years because 75 was like months of works. Correct me if I am wrong on what version I made it to. I mained an assassin and had an alt cleric and songweaver (along with every other class that I did not really play). 

From what I am reading my old +13 purified IS gear is obsolete along with the progress I made on the Labyrinth gear (That broke my heart) along with my +13 shepards pvp set . Also equipped is a few DD accessories, IS accessories, a mix of BM, ID  and officier accessories, +10 Marchutan's bracelet, +5 upgrade marchutan's plume (where it looks gold), Vasharti's wings, and the Special Elite ambassador wings (pvp). Let me know if I should hang onto any of that.

I also have pretty much any enhancement item from 5.8 so tempering solutions, enchantment stones (black), omega enchantment stones, supplement bags, the (at the time) newer enchant stones that were will, power, precision, knowledge, etc. the uh two trait manastones (like damage/crit). I have no idea if any of these items are still useful or relevant.

I picked up a set of gear from the BCM which was listed as free: [Event] Legendary Risiel gear. Is this worth putting anything into especially seeing as I don't have up to date gear? 

About the Assassin:
What the heck happened to blood rune? And Vampyric Slash? Do we have any self healing skill for while soloing anymore? What the heck happened to dash attack? It's a chain off massacare now? Was rune burst, searching eye, and calming whisper removed? Do assassins still tank things like the awesome beasts they once were?

Most importantly why does sprinting keep telling me "Property skill unavailable?" What the heck does that mean?

Some general questions:

• Purple gear is no longer the best?
  • Does gear still break enchanting it?
  • Where did running scrolls/attack scrolls/crit scrolls go?
  • Is aetherforging worth doing now that they removed crafting? (RIP my hours mastering every crafting on different alts)
  • What dungeons would I expect to be able to run?
  • Which dungeons aren't worth doing at all?
  • What are considered the top gearing dungeons now?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer even a part of these or points me in the right direction for more information. I've been exploring and trying to learn things as much as possible myself but getting a few questions cleared up would help a lot.

Hello, welcome back. :) If you were working on a Labyrinth pve set, it sounds like you quit around 5.3, maaaaaybe 5.6. By 5.6, most people were in Apollon at least and maybe Harvester gear.

8 hours ago, Mishca-KT said:

From what I am reading my old +13 purified IS gear is obsolete along with the progress I made on the Labyrinth gear (That broke my heart) along with my +13 shepards pvp set . Also equipped is a few DD accessories, IS accessories, a mix of BM, ID  and officier accessories, +10 Marchutan's bracelet, +5 upgrade marchutan's plume (where it looks gold), Vasharti's wings, and the Special Elite ambassador wings (pvp). Let me know if I should hang onto any of that.

The only reason you would keep any of this gear is if you like the skins. rubbish all of the items that aren't skin-related (plume, bracelet, accs, etc).

I also have pretty much any enhancement item from 5.8 so tempering solutions, enchantment stones (black), omega enchantment stones, supplement bags, the (at the time) newer enchant stones that were will, power, precision, knowledge, etc. the uh two trait manastones (like damage/crit). I have no idea if any of these items are still useful or relevant.

If the tempering solutions and omegas are tradeable, you can make a ton of kinah by selling them on the broker OR you can take them to Pandaemonium/Sanctum and trade them at an npc for new enchantment stones. For the manastones, if you have any +10 or +12, you can do the same -- either sell or trade for new manastones. The combo blue manastones are rubbish as they cannot be socketed in the new gear.

I picked up a set of gear from the BCM which was listed as free: [Event] Legendary Risiel gear. Is this worth putting anything into especially seeing as I don't have up to date gear? 

No. This gear is intended to help you be able to do IDD/PF. It is not as good as the purple gear you get from those instances (you also have a chance to get purple gear from FM). So wear that Risiel gear while you work on your better purple gear and -- eventually -- red gear. But don't make any enhancements to it. Save your mats for your good gear.

About the Assassin: What the heck happened to blood rune? And Vampyric Slash? Do we have any self healing skill for while soloing anymore? What the heck happened to dash attack? It's a chain off massacare now? Was rune burst, searching eye, and calming whisper removed? Do assassins still tank things like the awesome beasts they once were?

Most importantly why does sprinting keep telling me "Property skill unavailable?" What the heck does that mean?

Sorry, I don't play assassin, so I can't help you here. I do know they have some sort of self-heal as I see my friends use it, but I think it's a Daevanion skill. I feel like I've heard my boyfriend say it has a 16 second cd. I don't remember what it's called. Daevanion skills are advanced versions of regular skills that you can start to acquire when you hit level 80. You can get them from shugos that have a chance to spawn in some instances as well as events (the current event has a chance to drop Daevanion skillbooks from the vending machine).

Some general questions:

• Purple gear is no longer the best?

The order is ancient/gold > legendary/purple > ultimate/red. The "purple" gear you have is technically called mythic. It's completely irrelevant now. The only exception would be if you had like a +25 mythic weapon, although I think some people are even nixing using those as they get the current patch's weapons.

• Does gear still break enchanting it?

No. It will decrease one level if you fail to enchant it. +10 is a safe spot for enchanting. +15 is the max; gear can no longer be enchanted past that. Ultimate enchantment stones do not decrease your level if they fail as they are very hard to get.

• Where did running scrolls/attack scrolls/crit scrolls go?

We have a new system called the transformation system. So if people ask you if you have a xform, they're not talking about the old archdaeva transforms. :) Hit your menu and then go to Transformation and you can look around. Basically, it's run/cast/atk stats along with other stats, like crit and attack, all rolled into one. Personally, I prefer it because it's only one "scroll" for me to worry about. Others hate it because it forces you to look like your transform unless you use transparent scrolls. I use transparent scrolls by default though, so I'm not bothered by it. Note, you will HATE your atk and run speed until you get at least an ancient transform. We just had a couple of great events to get ancient transforms though, so it might be a few weeks before we get another. You can get regular transform contracts from instance bosses.

Contract > gives you the permanent transform
Scroll > item needed to actually use the permanent transform
Potion > a transform that allows you to use a transform for a few minutes only

• Is aetherforging worth doing now that they removed crafting? (RIP my hours mastering every crafting on different alts)

It is definitely worth getting to level 100. Mine is level 300 and I honestly don't really use it past level 100. Up to you though. I wouldn't worry about it right now though as it is a kinah-sink to level, and you probably don't have a ton of kinah.

• What dungeons would I expect to be able to run?
  • Which dungeons aren't worth doing at all?

At level 80, there aren't any that "aren't worth doing" as they all give varying levels of gear.

At level 76, get your free Lakrum gear and you can start to do the solo instance, Bastion of Souls, to get the better ancient gear. Once you get to level 78, you can do the 3-man instance, Frozen Monolith, for more ancient gear and a chance at purple pieces. Once you are in full ancient gear and have a couple pieces of the purple gear, you can start doing IDD and PF for more purple gear and chances at red pieces. Once you have most of your red pieces from IDD/PF, you can start doing Stellin Lab for the rest of your red gear. Note, if you have really geared friends, you can do those things earlier than what I listed.

• What are considered the top gearing dungeons now?

The top gearing dungeon is Stellin Lab. There are two versions - easy and normal. You will not be able to do normal mode until you have most/all of your red gear from the other instances and Stellin Lab easy. However, PF and IDD are still considered "endgame" dungeons as they drop red gear as well. There is also Veilenthrone which is still a hard instance, but the gear from it isn't as good as the current patch's gear. Most people just do VT because the wings, weapon, and shirt give special skills when you skin them on your gear and also because if you have Prestige, you get 2 ultimate enchantment stones per week by completing VT.

11 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hello, welcome back. :) If you were working on a Labyrinth pve set, it sounds like you quit around 5.3, maaaaaybe 5.6. By 5.6, most people were in Apollon at least and maybe Harvester gear.

You are an absolutely wonderful and amazing person :x:x:x:x:x:x

I definitely will be saving my old gear because it has some of my old now unavailable skins attached to it and I'm not losing those! I'll switch myself over to the new gears so that way I can at least run a dungeon or two. I am super happy that they finally did away with the awful destroyed gear system. Honestly that was probably the major thing that pushed me to the quitting point or I might have stayed with the game. That and the insane p2w going on, but I doubt that has changed much and I have a grudging acceptance of it. 

I have tons of potions that were recycled items from whatever they were when I quit so at least I have something because you are totally right. I hate my walking speed *cries*. 

I'm not sure where I sit on the kinah scale now. I was well enough off when I quit but with the changes in kinah and economies and such I'm not really sure how far 6bil goes anymore 

Stellin's Lab is what I need to avoid then. I didn't want to apply to lfg groups for something way over my head. I remember starting things like EB in bm gear wayyyy back in the day which is still traumatizing and then eventually moving on to tank IS for everyone because templars didn't exist after getting proper gear. xD I'm hopefully still smart enough to know my limitations (but probably reckless enough to ignore them sometimes).

Going to see if I can track a friendly sin down in game to figure out why my sprinting is broken :(

12 hours ago, Mishca-KT said:

I'm not sure where I sit on the kinah scale now. I was well enough off when I quit but with the changes in kinah and economies and such I'm not really sure how far 6bil goes anymore 

6 bil is a ton of kinah now, so you are very well off still! However, since you are returning, you will need it. Don't blow it on fun things like skins and such (even though that's tempting, especially for people like me!). You will need it for manastones, retuning and enchanting your new gears, stigmas, etc.

12 hours ago, Mishca-KT said:

Going to see if I can track a friendly sin down in game to figure out why my sprinting is broken :(

Again I don't play sin, but I know their sprint thingie got turned into a passive buff in some sort. @Hellish-DN isn't that correct?

On 9/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Again I don't play sin, but I know their sprint thingie got turned into a passive buff in some sort. @Hellish-DN isn't that correct?

It did! Along with poison which is kind of nifty. I feel like I don't walk faster then everyone else though :(xD I shall be careful to avoid the temptation of shiney new skins..maybe.

Archived