Newbie question about Chanter skills

Artemyde-KT

Hi there. I used to play this game since open beta. The game was amazing back then. We had so much fun. My guild quit the game after it became unbalanced, so I haven't been playing this game for years now. The other day, call it nostalgia or whatever I decided to create a new account. Lol, I still have my old account somewhere, but I can't even remember what email I used to register it.

Anyway, as I was saying, I decided to start a new account two days ago, I'm 80 already. Lol gearing up and leveling was such a pain back then. I've died sooo many times hahaha, but, as I said, it was fun. 

My main character was a Chanter (I also had other classes, but I'd mainly play that). So, the other day I created my beloved chanter again and... what has happened? Where are the mantras? I only have three now? I Googled a bit, but it's quite hard to find info. Anyway, have the skills been reduced to these now, or am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Ida

As you said, you haven't played for a long time, so yes, things are a lot different. Some good changes, many bad changes.

Yes, you only have three mantras now. All three should be activated at all times. (Only exception is sometimes removing Shield mantra in endgame pve instances to prevent sins/rangers/templars from overbuffing.)

All I can really recommend is that you read each skill you have and practice using them to see what they do now. It might seem like, on the surface, a lot of skills were removed. But actually, many were combined with other skills. So what you think might be gone may actually just be part of another skill now. Other skills have different effects now. Plus there are the new Daevanion skills, which you likely will not have any of those yet. They are very powerful skills that replace their lesser versions. For example, Inescapable Judgment cbt_ch_mortalstrike_g1.png has a better Daevanion version called Overwhelming Judgment ch_mortalstrike_custom_b.png. Fortunately, these advanced skills are a lot easier to get in this patch. Back in 6.0, if you were a chanter without Rejuvenating Spell ch_recoverword_custom_b.png, for example, many groups would not take you -- and it sucked because it was very hard to get Daevanion skills AND they were random. So you could go for months without getting the coveted Rejuvenating Spell.

Anyway, I digress. Play around a bit and learn your new skills. Welcome back. :)

22 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

As you said, you haven't played for a long time, so yes, things are a lot different. Some good changes, many bad changes.

Yes, you only have three mantras now. All three should be activated at all times. (Only exception is sometimes removing Shield mantra in endgame pve instances to prevent sins/rangers/templars from overbuffing.)

All I can really recommend is that you read each skill you have and practice using them to see what they do now. It might seem like, on the surface, a lot of skills were removed. But actually, many were combined with other skills. So what you think might be gone may actually just be part of another skill now. Other skills have different effects now. Plus there are the new Daevanion skills, which you likely will not have any of those yet. They are very powerful skills that replace their lesser versions. For example, Inescapable Judgment cbt_ch_mortalstrike_g1.png has a better Daevanion version called Overwhelming Judgment ch_mortalstrike_custom_b.png. Fortunately, these advanced skills are a lot easier to get in this patch. Back in 6.0, if you were a chanter without Rejuvenating Spell ch_recoverword_custom_b.png, for example, many groups would not take you -- and it sucked because it was very hard to get Daevanion skills AND they were random. So you could go for months without getting the coveted Rejuvenating Spell.

Anyway, I digress. Play around a bit and learn your new skills. Welcome back. :)

Thank you so much!! I was a bit shocked at first because we used to have so many mantras and skills. It has changed a lot. Chanter used to be a very badass class for both PVP and PVE, I hope we still are.  Again, thank you so much!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived