The game is more P2W than you think.

Guest Rum

As we all know you can sell 1 mil of items a day, each candy sells for 100k, so not hard to get to that cap. Do this on a bunch of accounts and you'll have millions of kinah.

BUT RUM KINAH DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. YOU CAN'T BUY ANYTHING. 

Wrong.

This is Aion Classic, you can sell boss drops. Here's how. You see drop, you go advertise in LFG, invite the buyer into the group all the while keeping the loot window open, after 15-20 minutes your group will lose the loot tag on the boss and your buyer can now loot whatever item(s) dropped. They trade you some kinah (or realistically candies become their own currency to get around the 1 mil cap).

So no, this is entirely P2W. You want an extendable weap? Boom, just buy some kinah and wait for someone to sell it in LFG. 

I really really really want Aion Classic to succeed, but the game will be dead in 1 week if they don't do something drastic.

I also want them to succeed!

How many whales are going to go this far though? If I had to guess, a low enough percentage for us to not notice beyond a few encounters.

And the ones who would go this far in spending days creating multiple accounts with lvl 10+ characters will end up buying Kinah elsewhere to save time, if they have a brain.

Guest Nobody

Next week, all free players will be gone. Next month people that already bought the preorder pack and does not want to be in the sea of P2W will quit. We’ll see how much will be left.

2 hours ago, Guest Zuva said:

I also want them to succeed!

How many whales are going to go this far though? If I had to guess, a low enough percentage for us to not notice beyond a few encounters.

And the ones who would go this far in spending days creating multiple accounts with lvl 10+ characters will end up buying Kinah elsewhere to save time, if they have a brain.

I love this kind of replies. 

You guys are assuming that the cash-shop will stay like the day 1 shop in..1-2 months. Wrong ....

This is just the beginning. L2 Classic begun exactly like this and after 2 months they already sold a LOT more P2W shit in their cash-shop. 

Just wait and see. 

Why u crying again? are u stupid or what :D Imagine u dont buy kinah. Get lvl 50 get in to party drop gold item and sell it. Wow u got kinah. Wow u can overprice the item to those idiots who buy kinah for dollars :) 

Just use brain and stop cry and go play or leave already u are annoying

I don't like BCM to vendor transactions as much as the next person but overall it isn't worthwhile to fret over this. Long term inflation is hard to predict but loot righting stuff happened at every stage of Aion's lifespan. Kinah certainly helps but whether you spent 100 hours farming your Bakarma or bought it from some group that did, someone has to run that content to make it happen and a person will end up with an item. I could also buy those lootrights with money hard earned from building up crafting, same kinah same loot. Concerning yourself with where/how other players are getting their gear is exhausting and detracts from your own efforts to gear up.  I hope they remove the candy thing because it's weird and gross to allow kinah to print with cash but it's not a game-killer.

If the reaction to printing kinah is this severe we should also be, as a community, outraged at the AP trading that will follow in the coming months, it is by far the more damaging practice. Can't p2w your ap gear without ap.  If this were 5.0 onward I'd be more outraged by the kinah printing stuff since you reeeeeeally needed it for attempting post +20 enchants/high + tempering. 

Guest Pewpew

Actually kinship  inflation  IS worth “fretting” about. Loot selling did NOT take off at these prices not at this pace at initial release. Kinah should normally accumulate as you state through in- game sources such as crafting gathering or farming which drive loot prices at much slower rates.

Don’t try to detract or dissemble by interjecting AP trading- that has nothing to do with the current discussion.

42 minutes ago, Guest Pewpew said:

Actually kinship  inflation  IS worth “fretting” about. Loot selling did NOT take off at these prices not at this pace at initial release. Kinah should normally accumulate as you state through in- game sources such as crafting gathering or farming which drive loot prices at much slower rates.

Don’t try to detract or dissemble by interjecting AP trading- that has nothing to do with the current discussion.

I agree that the inflation is a problem but "nvm uninstalling"? Nah, not that level. Worried that someone was going to outspeed you into their 50e? Yeah, they will and would have without the candies being a factor. They would've bought the kinah from illicit sources and lost a few extra bucks in the process. AP trading is inherently involved in any discussion of p2w because Aion is a PvP oriented game and you're not going to loot right your way to PvP success. It has a place in this and any discussion like this and does not detract from the topic. Tamping down AP trading will yield far greater progress in terms of keeping a level playing field than kinah would.

There are plenty of things worth caring about, NCsoft edging out gold sellers by a few bucks is not high on my list. If your argument is that the Ninja and Hover emotes are worth 50 bucks a pop at current candy/$$ conversion prices then, I mean, there isn't anything anyone can do for you. Also, while classic is made to resemble launch in terms of content access, it bears mentioning that we have all the trappings of 2.7 littered throughout the world this means larger kinah sinks. Things are not going to be fully mirrored when you compare this to launch, don't anchor yourself to idealizing a 2009 rerun.

But again, to be perfectly clear I abhor the fact that they but a vendorable BCM item into the game and find it colossally stupid that we can print kinah and muck with the pacing of the economy and it should be fixed immediately. It's just not worth quitting over or worrying about beyond giving honest feedback. A flood of guest accounts saying they're uninstalling is not helpful feedback. I think the answer here is making the candies untradeable which subjects the whales to no decrease in value but a massive increase in the time it takes to realize said value. Bought 8k candies? Have fun for the next few years with your mil a day.

Archived