NCsoft LineageM $3.5Million Whale Lawsuit

Guest Roadblocksallday

Guest Roadblocksallday

this is not my own post disclaimer.

NC sues whale player who spent 3.5M USD in LineageM

NCsoft, the second largest video game company well known for lineageM and lineage2M sued a player after 'rollback' incident.

This case starts with a patch that was intended to decrease the gap between the whales and middle class players. However, the whales already spent millions of dollars to upgrade their 'patterns' which gives stats boost to your character, and they complained to the devs saying they are going to mass pvp and kill players if they don't rollback the patch.

NC decided to rollback their patch, and the problem rises during this process. All the players who upgraded their 'patterns' after the initial patch got scammed by the company and spend millions of dollars because they thought the increase of probability will be a permanent thing, and I would think this way if I was the player of LineageM.

The important thing is that THE PLAYERS WOULD NOT HAVE SPENT THE MONEY IF THE PROBABILITY IS LOW. NC just made players to open their wallet, and when they spend millions of dollars on game, they rollback and gave the game currency back, forcing them to use the currency for something that has unreasonably low probability.

NC uses diamond as their currency. In order to upgrade the 'patterns', you must spend diamond and certain amount of holy water. Rather than NC giving players a refund, they gave them game currency for the refund. If the players received 100% refund on their diamond, it would not be a big as a problem. However, NC gave back only half of the diamond and gave the holy water as the rest, which has ZERO value in the market.

A player who spent 3.5M in game got furious and called the customer center, which was closed 24/7 because of the COVID-19. So the player went to the NC headquarters three times in a row to meet the NC executive regarding this issue, but people from NC never showed up. The player just wasted three days, so he got mad and blocked the entrance of the parking lot. Yet, people from NC did not show up, but rather, they called the police.

Now the police is holding the case, NC had two options: reach a settlement or sue the player in court. Without any communication, NC decided to sue the player, and this is currently causing madness in Korean video game community.

This is the reality of Korean video game companies. Even a dog will have better treatment than these players. Players have lost their rights to deserve a good service. It is scary how companies became the king and players became the servants. No other industries that sell goods will treat their customers like this.

Don't play NC games or play f2p because they are group of thieves trying to plunder money from the players.

And there are people around this forums, saying that Whales will not spend much money for Candies or .. whatever item(s) which gives them Benefits over other players.

Yup!

Anyway, this is the kind of players NcSoft are looking for. This is why L2 Live, Aion Live, L2 Classic are massive P2W games and soon, the Aion Classic will follow THE same path.

"Enjoy" it , boys and girls...enjoy it!

I'm not going to make this about Aion but many people are already aware of NCSoft and their business practices. They are not above doing illegal things to get their way either. If you remember Tabula Rasa and Ultima Online you're probably familiar with a man known as Richard Garriott. While this man literally went to space, NCsoft terminated him and FORGED HIS SIGNATURE on a voluntary resignation letter.

He sued them in court, won, and got 32,000,000.

42 minutes ago, IceAge said:

And there are people around this forums, saying that Whales will not spend much money for Candies or .. whatever item(s) which gives them Benefits over other players.

Yup!

Anyway, this is the kind of players NcSoft are looking for. This is why L2 Live, Aion Live, L2 Classic are massive P2W games and soon, the Aion Classic will follow THE same path.

What you mean, classic is not a p2w game, no, cause candies are “optional” and daeva pass is optional and kinah is optional and everything is optional, unlike retail where p2w is not optional and innocent players are forced to spend money 

so just enjoy playing classic and remember - it’s not p2w

Guest Oldestpasttime
8 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

What you mean, classic is not a p2w game, no, cause candies are “optional” and daeva pass is optional and kinah is optional and everything is optional, unlike retail where p2w is not optional and innocent players are forced to spend money 

Jesus Christ… lord help exorcist this sinner, and the evilness from within this person—whose judgement is impaired by a cursed spirit.

11 minutes ago, Guest Oldestpasttime said:

Jesus Christ… lord help exorcist this sinner, and the evilness from within this person—whose judgement is impaired by a cursed spirit.

And also give some brain to you, on additional request

Guest Malfis
34 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

What you fail to realise is that if a whale chooses to buy platinum coins or gold coins for example be it either completing the battle pass through buyout or buying from other players, they now have an instant massive gear advantage over most people. And if they then choose to go ganking people be it through rifts or abyss pvp they are likely going to rack up AP pretty quickly widening the gear gap when they start to purchase abyss gear.

That is the very definition of p2w, and as to peoples argument of everyone will get the same gear eventually, this is true, eventually people will catch up, but I expect a lot of people will probably throw in the towel long before that happens due to being stomped by people who simply threw their wallet at the game.

46 minutes ago, Guest Malfis said:

What you fail to realise is that if a whale chooses to buy platinum coins or gold coins for example be it either completing the battle pass through buyout or buying from other players, they now have an instant massive gear advantage over most people. And if they then choose to go ganking people be it through rifts or abyss pvp they are likely going to rack up AP pretty quickly widening the gear gap when they start to purchase abyss gear.

That is the very definition of p2w, and as to peoples argument of everyone will get the same gear eventually, this is true, eventually people will catch up, but I expect a lot of people will probably throw in the towel long before that happens due to being stomped by people who simply threw their wallet at the game.

you are not common with sarcasm, are you ?

4 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I'm not going to make this about Aion but many people are already aware of NCSoft and their business practices. They are not above doing illegal things to get their way either. If you remember Tabula Rasa and Ultima Online you're probably familiar with a man known as Richard Garriott. While this man literally went to space, NCsoft terminated him and FORGED HIS SIGNATURE on a voluntary resignation letter.

He sued them in court, won, and got 32,000,000.

This actually happened.

NcSoft... Why?

Guest cheshirefox

because guy was the lead on an ncsoft west game being developed and he decided to train as a guest astronaut in a russian launch  yet 'claimed he was still doing his job' for the several Weeks it would have taken out of any normal persons output... zz it's people like this and the lead 'devs' at arena that {not entirely but absolutely helped} derail games and whine about nc.. i would have fired their tails too.. xcept they couldn't fire r. g. so they signed a resignation zz 

14 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yup!

And next thing we know, they will add Miragent Set into the cash-shop and they will still go by "...is OPTIONAL!!!" , "...you will have it if you grind...........in time"! :) 

Tomorrow ends the P2P Free Week, which btw, this was THE best thing they did since .. a long time. If they didn't gave free week and would be P2P day 1, i think I would of purchased at least the 20$ pack, thinking that this is P2P with cosmetics and that's it. Like me I'm sure there were many, so .. thanks NcSoft. You could of done a lot more $.

Anyway, as I said, tomorrow ends P2P free week. Let's see how .. things go from here! :) 

Guest Pewpew
7 hours ago, Guest cheshirefox said:

because guy was the lead on an ncsoft west game being developed and he decided to train as a guest astronaut in a russian launch  yet 'claimed he was still doing his job' for the several Weeks it would have taken out of any normal persons output... zz it's people like this and the lead 'devs' at arena that {not entirely but absolutely helped} derail games and whine about nc.. i would have fired their tails too.. xcept they couldn't fire r. g. so they signed a resignation zz 

Forging is not “signing “ 

l  hope you remember that if a future employer tries this with you.

6 hours ago, IceAge said:

Yup!

And next thing we know, they will add Miragent Set into the cash-shop and they will still go by "...is OPTIONAL!!!" , "...you will have it if you grind...........in time"! :) 

Tomorrow ends the P2P Free Week, which btw, this was THE best thing they did since .. a long time. If they didn't gave free week and would be P2P day 1, i think I would of purchased at least the 20$ pack, thinking that this is P2P with cosmetics and that's it. Like me I'm sure there were many, so .. thanks NcSoft. You could of done a lot more $.

Anyway, as I said, tomorrow ends P2P free week. Let's see how .. things go from here! :) 

when i was questing for miragent long time ago, the most difficult part for me was the hot heart of magic because it involves rng, I was failing many times and had to farm mats by myself. But at the time we didn't have tiger candies ! Now it will be the easiest quest ever - buy mats on broker and try again.

Guest Wootage
On 6/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, IceAge said:

Yup!

On 6/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, IceAge said:

Yup!

It’s funny how you have been saying for a week that you quit the game and it’s p2w and yet here you are replaying to every thread like crazy every time someone opens a negative topic 

Archived