RNG on logging into the game now?

Ashlayna-DN

So it would seem that the last maintenance added RNG to whether or not a player can log in.  I have been able to successfully log in on 2 of 5 attempts since the last maintenance, with none of those being today.  This isn't the kind of service I'm paying to get, and I realize I'm not spending hundreds, or thousands, but I am spending, and if this is what I'm paying for, why am I paying?

Your post offers nothing that could help troubleshoot your problem, how about instead of just whining you add what happens when you try to log in and if you get an error message.

Also, so far you seem to be the only one with this problem, so no, RNG was not added but whatever makes you feel better, eh?

30 minutes ago, Sugary said:

Your post offers nothing that could help troubleshoot your problem, how about instead of just whining you add what happens when you try to log in and if you get an error message.

Also, so far you seem to be the only one with this problem, so no, RNG was not added but whatever makes you feel better, eh?

Because the post that's supposed to explain all of that is listed in the Bug Reports section, and in the ticket I filed.  It's almost like I know how to use forums and support, imagine that?  This is the "rant post", intended to both provide some comedic relief, hence the title, and premise of RNG to the loading screen.  

But here ya' go:  The NC splash screen plays, screen goes black, and stays.  All of the ports that are supposed to be open, are open.  A dxdiag is attached to my ticket, so feel free to peruse that at your leisure.  After 15 minutes or so of waiting, I attempt to close out the client, and the screen remains active.  Utilizing my second monitor to attempt to close the window has no effect.  Doing the same with the Aion Retail version, the client actually closes, but the progress bar loading screen remains, stuck at 99%.  The only way to remove either screen is to restart the computer.  Prior to the last maintenance, this was not an issue, and all other software installed on the same path, to my external HDD, work as intended, including GW 2.

So, what is it that I need to do to fix it?  Of note, my post in the Bug Report forum is in a thread started by another player who is having the same issue.  I guess you should maybe read the forums more before just making blanket assumptions?

Hmm, interesting that "nobody else is having the problem", yes?  The more you know...

32 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

Because the post that's supposed to explain all of that is listed in the Bug Reports section, and in the ticket I filed.  It's almost like I know how to use forums and support, imagine that?  This is the "rant post", intended to both provide some comedic relief, hence the title, and premise of RNG to the loading screen.  

But here ya' go:  The NC splash screen plays, screen goes black, and stays.  All of the ports that are supposed to be open, are open.  A dxdiag is attached to my ticket, so feel free to peruse that at your leisure.  After 15 minutes or so of waiting, I attempt to close out the client, and the screen remains active.  Utilizing my second monitor to attempt to close the window has no effect.  Doing the same with the Aion Retail version, the client actually closes, but the progress bar loading screen remains, stuck at 99%.  The only way to remove either screen is to restart the computer.  Prior to the last maintenance, this was not an issue, and all other software installed on the same path, to my external HDD, work as intended, including GW 2.

So, what is it that I need to do to fix it?  Of note, my post in the Bug Report forum is in a thread started by another player who is having the same issue.  I guess you should maybe read the forums more before just making blanket assumptions?

Hmm, interesting that "nobody else is having the problem", yes?  The more you know...

My brother has this problem yesterday - he reinstalled the game client and that fixed it.

1 hour ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

There is absolutely no need for another post then and there is absolutely no comic relief to be had reading it. But I guess your need to be heard is strong, Karen.

1 hour ago, Coheed said:

My brother has this problem yesterday - he reinstalled the game client and that fixed it.

I reinstalled the launcher, and got in, the load times are still longer than before the last maintenance, but at the very least, it's a workaround.

3 minutes ago, Sugary said:

There is absolutely no need for another post then and there is absolutely no comic relief to be had reading it. But I guess your need to be heard is strong, Karen.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the NCSoft logo beside your name?  Nope, not there. 

5 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

I reinstalled the launcher, and got in, the load times are still longer than before the last maintenance, but at the very least, it's a workaround.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the NCSoft logo beside your name?  Nope, not there. 

I don't need to be someone official to call you Karen. That doesn't even make sense. 🤔

1 minute ago, Sugary said:

I don't need to be someone official to call you Karen. That doesn't even make sense. 🤔

You do trying to dictate what topics are or are not needed on the forums.  I'm beginning to see the issue now, though.

3 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

You do trying to dictate what topics are or are not needed on the forums.  I'm beginning to see the issue now, though.

That issue you speak of is called common sense, which you seem to be lacking.

1 hour ago, Sugary said:

That issue you speak of is called common sense, which you seem to be lacking.

Really?  Let's evaluate this situation.  Here you are, telling me "how to do my job", by asserting that I shouldn't have started this thread.  In the process, you have stated that I'm Karen.  Well, let's look at who's trying to tell someone else how they should or should not behave, or what they should, or should not be doing.  Oh, that would be you.  Yes, one of us is lacking in common sense here, in fact, I'm not even sure I'd limit it to "common".  I'll note that, even when provided with all the information you thought you had to have to justify a thread, you offered 0 useable feedback on the topic, but instead just went on your "I don't like that you posted this thread, so I'm going to just start calling you names, because I don't know how to have discourse any other way".

3 hours ago, Sugary said:

Seems to be you who is the Karen, Karen. Logging into forums just to complain about someone's post not fitting your standards for a forum post.

Lol. Nice one Karen.

Funny, Sugary couldn't have been helpful even if she had tried considering there is zero information in the first post about what is happening when the OP tries to log in.

Also agreeing that one forum topic is enough, making another one just to be 'funny' is just asking for attention.

2 hours ago, Energy said:

Funny, Sugary couldn't have been helpful even if she had tried considering there is zero information in the first post about what is happening when the OP tries to log in.

Also agreeing that one forum topic is enough, making another one just to be 'funny' is just asking for attention.

...and I only made the one thread, and as I explained, that information was provided to the people that might actually be able to figure out what went wrong, since the only thing that changed from not having to roll the dice to get in and just logging in was a maintenance.

However, even with the appropriate information, what useful feedback did karen, er, Sugary provide?  Oh, that's right "well we don't need this thread"...

45 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

...and I only made the one thread, and as I explained, that information was provided to the people that might actually be able to figure out what went wrong, since the only thing that changed from not having to roll the dice to get in and just logging in was a maintenance.

However, even with the appropriate information, what useful feedback did karen, er, Sugary provide?  Oh, that's right "well we don't need this thread"...

How petty. She was right, you are a Karen.

1 hour ago, Energy said:

How petty. She was right, you are a Karen.

Yes, providing the information they so desperately prayed didn't exist, and then commenting on their lack of useful feedback means I'm a Karen...  That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

52 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

Yes, providing the information they so desperately prayed didn't exist, and then commenting on their lack of useful feedback means I'm a Karen...  That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I am done with this childishness, have a wonderful day.

1 hour ago, Energy said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I am done with this childishness, have a wonderful day.

So let me get this straight, I provide information for the Karen complaining about how I shouldn't be posting topics they don't approve of, I comment on their lack of feedback when that information is provided, but I'm the one being obtuse?  Again, that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.  If you're trying to say that yes, Karen was right to dictate what I should be posting on the forums, obtuse is the kindest word I can use to describe what I think of that.  

Archived