Weekly Server Maintenance - April 20, 2022 [Classic]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Thank you!

• Aion Team
2 minutes ago, 1s26A418 said:

Will we have the quick versions of Dark Poeta and Draupnir Cave?

If you mean like last time's Dungeon Delve event, no. Instead of the quick dungeon rush like it was before, the double drop rate is in affect instead.

Hope that helps a little! 

• Aion Team
18 minutes ago, RoadRunnner said:

Any chance of the Event Pass NPC to stay up so we can spend our unspent coins?

Unfortunately as usual, the NPC for the Event Pass will also go away with this maintenance. Please make sure to spend your tokens ASAP!

The double drop events are great. I really wish that we had an influx of new players to capitalize on these events. I wish that NC would advertise more than just posting on social media. Unfortunately on the facebook and twitter posts I see quite a bit of backlash against classic and some of it is from people that never even played. 

Honestly I think that from the initial release blunders to now the game has turned around quite a bit and we are facing more of a player shortage issue than anything else. Honestly open world drop rates and the removal of gold drops in Theo don't help either. They need to reinstate gold drops out there, we don't have a bot problem we have a lack of population issue.

to increase the population they need to do something about siege and dredgs times as for all the EU players which is alot of the player base cant really attend any of these which makes all the EU players quit / want to quit because they have no way of getting pvp gear really they need to do like triple ap on fort guards so people actually go and grind them and we can get some open world pvp going and then that way eu players can actually catch up on abbys points with out having to go dred but then the only issues would be the gold medals 

The times are fine, and we don't need triple ap the the double ap weekends are good enough i was getting 300k ap a weekend with grinding, but how many ppl are wanting to grind for ap i think most ppl have got what they want  with pvp gear wise, they tried to be supportive of eu times with sieges but it sucked. 

With getting new players it would be good if they had ad campaigns on mmo websites, reddit and facebook for 2.0, but they most likely wont as aion is printing money for them with very little dev and and ad cost.

16 minutes ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

The times are fine, and we don't need triple ap the the double ap weekends are good enough i was getting 300k ap a weekend with grinding, but how many ppl are wanting to grind for ap i think most ppl have got what they want  with pvp gear wise, they tried to be supportive of eu times with sieges but it sucked. 

With getting new players it would be good if they had ad campaigns on mmo websites, reddit and facebook for 2.0, but they most likely wont as aion is printing money for them with very little dev and and ad cost.

The times aren't fine? Tiak is at 4am for a lot of EU players lol.  I'm not one but i sympathize with them.

I wish the DoubleAP was during the week so that those that cannot play on weekends can catch up as well.

31 minutes ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

i tell you for fact even if they did advertise that eu players wont stay because we dont want to have to stay up till 2 am for dred and 4am for tiak and 5 am for siege lol and exactly most players already have full ap gear so theres no harm on letting new players,  catch up ,, im not saying make dredgs more ap just the guards and alot of people work on the weekend, for example i work 4 on 4 off so i dont have any weekends free because the weekends im not working im doing stuff with my child and i bet you its the same for alot of players, and with eu players not able to attend sieges no way we can save up like 50 mil to buy the medals for the cheapest piece of 50 elite t xd

31 minutes ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

This release of aion is for America, but all country's can play 

i know it is but if aion EU does get announced to come out with how hard there making it for eu players get ready to lose massive chunk of your player base  , the only way they would stay if there already geared and cant be arsed to start over again 

1 hour ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

I think aion eu will never come out with how aion na was poorly received in the west 

Which makes sense to accommodate people paying then?

10pm Tiak and 11pm sieges during the week is ROUGH, even for East coast NA time zone

5 hours ago, Tasoulaaaa said:

I think aion eu will never come out with how aion na was poorly received in the west 

Let's be honest here, the game had a population from start but there was a slew of issues in the beginning like NC's lack of response to critical issues like AP trading, hacking and unjustified bans. So the game wasn't poorly received, just poor management that resulted in pissing people off and them leaving.

I think now the game is better managed and we are receiving more feedback from staff. Rin has done a fantastic job of communicating from the devs to the community and listening to us. 

• Aion Team
2 hours ago, Valantin said:

May i ask does the the Field "Abyss" has increased drop rate ? Does taht include Balaur Mats ? or does it just mean random items from the Abyss World bosses/ mini Bosses.

Hey Valantin! According to the team, it's affect works for all monster and bosses drops in the Abyss. I hope that helps!

Hello, I want to report an indirect or unintended(?) change which happened after this maintenance and was not reported, which may or may not be planned to happen but I still wanna make sure about this. 

Whenever a character swapped gear, or strip their gear/put back on, both their HP and MP bar used to stay at the same % they used to be. This stuff, combining with macros to gear off/on was a nice way to optimize the use of instant potions. As a sorcerer player (and I know many others also do) this directly affects to the potential to make highest dps on PVE as a non-lumiel's wisdom player (ew that skill). Also, I know many players used to use this feature to optimize hp/mp between fights on arenas or at any pvp scenario, or just to recover your hp/mp faster. 

On other case, everyone uses to play with more than 1 gear and swap between them using macros. Now, for example, if you are wearin your 50 gear, and swap to your 30 gear, and then go back to your 50 gear again, your HP and MP won't go up anymore, so it will put you on a huge disadventage whenever you swap gears with different hp/mp stats. 

I know the use of macros for this purpose was still a thing even in later patches, so I don't really know if this change was intended to happen on this maintenance or something was touched by mistake, because this was for real never touched even until 4.6 (which was the latest patch I played so don't know about any further)

On 4/19/2022 at 6:22 PM, Rin said:

If you mean like last time's Dungeon Delve event, no. Instead of the quick dungeon rush like it was before, the double drop rate is in affect instead.

Hope that helps a little! 

Is it really 
"DOUBLE DROP"??? it doesn't seem like it.. only one gold drop in DC, also in DP... 

22 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hello, I want to report an indirect or unintended(?) change which happened after this maintenance and was not reported, which may or may not be planned to happen but I still wanna make sure about this. 

Whenever a character swapped gear, or strip their gear/put back on, both their HP and MP bar used to stay at the same % they used to be. This stuff, combining with macros to gear off/on was a nice way to optimize the use of instant potions. As a sorcerer player (and I know many others also do) this directly affects to the potential to make highest dps on PVE as a non-lumiel's wisdom player (ew that skill). Also, I know many players used to use this feature to optimize hp/mp between fights on arenas or at any pvp scenario, or just to recover your hp/mp faster. 

On other case, everyone uses to play with more than 1 gear and swap between them using macros. Now, for example, if you are wearin your 50 gear, and swap to your 30 gear, and then go back to your 50 gear again, your HP and MP won't go up anymore, so it will put you on a huge disadventage whenever you swap gears with different hp/mp stats. 

I know the use of macros for this purpose was still a thing even in later patches, so I don't really know if this change was intended to happen on this maintenance or something was touched by mistake, because this was for real never touched even until 4.6 (which was the latest patch I played so don't know about any further)

Agreed that the change sucks, but for reference, this fix also happened in retail during late 5.x or early 6.x, as that's when instant gear macros happened and people were abusing it to full heal in arenas (naked macro potting was always a thing but with instant macros it was much faster/reliable). Given that we are getting the instant gear macros next patch, looks like they just pre-patched it.

it's gearing up that people tend to stay away from and the cost of gold medal.. especially pvp instance that you fight against geared MOFOs with crap DP gear that literally drops LMAO.. the drop rates are awful even with the event buffs.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived