Weekly Server Maintenance - June 15, 2022 [Classic]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Welcome the Tiger Begins
  • Fixed the issue with Crucible Insignias not dropping appropriately.
    • The Insignias affected will be automatically exchanged to their appropriate counterparts after the maintenance. Due to the extended delay of this issue, there will be an additional bonus included with said transferred Insignias, as well.
  • Fixed the issue with Siege Timers, which are now properly adjusted.

Thank you!

Update: an additional maintenance is deploying to address the font issue

I don't get it, why is it so hard to get the drops back to normal ... at least make some drop events like dungeon dwelve one...double/ triple the drops in instances...And why would someone take loots out as a measure to get rid of bots when you obviously influence directly all the players, beginners or not. I guess this is what you americans call ``Collateral Damage``.

Edited by Nesuferit

6 hours ago, Nesuferit said:

I don't get it, why is it so hard to get the drops back to normal ... at least make some drop events like dungeon dwelve one...double/ triple the drops in instances...And why would someone take loots out as a measure to get rid of bots when you obviously influence directly all the players, beginners or not. I guess this is what you americans call ``Collateral Damage``.

Did you even read the post? 

They're doubling the drop rate of gold and eternals in both Udas instances. Open world isn't fixed, but there are multiple things worth farming in there. 

@RinThank you for fixing arenas. The bonus for those who have kept doing them is a nice thought. 

4 hours ago, Kayame-DN said:

Did you even read the post? 

They're doubling the drop rate of gold and eternals in both Udas instances. Open world isn't fixed, but there are multiple things worth farming in there. 

@RinThank you for fixing arenas. The bonus for those who have kept doing them is a nice thought. 

That truly helps out the newer players coming in. /sarcasm.  

@Rin
I think I may have missed the part addressing the game breaking world drops that has plagued Aion, and warned about prior to the 2.0 launch when everyone knew this was coming months ahead of time.

Can you point me to the resolution of this game breaking decision to treat NA like we're the SKorean market and all have 20 bots or something? I can't seem to find it in your post, but surely it's been addressed right? How many months does one need to resolve a simple problem?

I should elaborate, the new font has a drop shadow like the original font the first weeks of Aion Classic.

The drop shadow makes it easier to read on a variety of different contrast backgrounds.

However, the new font also seems to be bold or widened in some way which detracts from readability.

What I would like to see is the return of original Aion Classic font the game launched with, that still had the drop shadow.

20 hours ago, Aureli said:

That truly helps out the newer players coming in. /sarcasm.  

Udas is pretty basic and easy to do. It should help new players indeed. 

The guy is asking for a dungeon drop rate event and there is one. This is what I was commenting on. 

6 hours ago, Kayame-DN said:

Udas is pretty basic and easy to do. It should help new players indeed. 

The guy is asking for a dungeon drop rate event and there is one. This is what I was commenting on. 

Udas doesn't help until the newer players are level 51 and able to get there. This whole world drop issue is affecting everyone, I just paid 5 million for Advanced Dual Wield because my twink glad couldn't get it to drop after 6 hours of farming, and I fed my glad the kinah necessary to get that item. New players that aren't fed by friends or other alt accounts, can't afford to teleport half the time. 

The idiocy that this company is pulling by removing world drops because they wanted to hamper the bots ended up biting everyone in the behind. No one sat down and said, "We don't have 1/3 of the bots that Korea has, we don't need to implement this." or maybe they did... They are ruled with an iron fist by someone that is 6000 miles away. I truly feel bad for people that work for NCNA. 

They do case studies like this in Business Admin classes, where a global company headquartered elsewhere, refuses to let go of the reins and allow the people who run their satellite office to do what is necessary to keep their customers happy. What can I expect though, Korea has never really cared about the NA market, it has been that way since Lineage 2. 

The original post was asking about the normal drops as well by the way. 

Hello, were  the Tiak quests updated to level 55 recently.

Also, my friends found THE Soul Punisher in Inggisson. Does anyone have any information about him. He hides in stealth but it seems you should be able to talk to this NPC. He is like an apparition. Is there a quest for him? Any information is appreciated.  

• Rin unpinned and unfeatured this topic