Xform PvP Is Broken

Attestant

People only xform to pvp now otherwise they just hide in their cities until they get their xform back. What is worse is that there are people logging off to extend the duration of an xform either by limiting time waiting online for an opponent or to double xform which is unintended by the developers.

• They need to make xforming only available to cast during special periods.
    • The hour before siege and the hour of siege.
    • During agents.
  • They need to show where xforms are on the map like they are cursed.
  • They need a popup message banner on screen when a person xforms.
  • They need a message in chat and on screen when an xform moves from map to map or logs in.
  • They also need to strip xform buffs off of people if they log off for more than 10 minutes or more than 1 time.
Edited by Edict

On 8/16/2022 at 1:16 AM, Edict said:

People only xform to pvp now otherwise they just hide in their cities until they get their xform back. What is worse is that there are people logging off to extend the duration of an xform either by limiting time waiting online for an opponent or to double xform which is unintended by the developers.

• They need to make xforming only available to cast during special periods.
    • The hour before siege and the hour of siege.
    • During agents.
  • They need to show where xforms are on the map like they are cursed.
  • They need a popup message banner on screen when a person xforms.
  • They need a message in chat and on screen when an xform moves from map to map or logs in.
  • They also need to strip xform buffs off of people if they log off for more than 10 minutes or more than 1 time.
  1. They should be able to xform whenever, no reason to not be able to use that ability. It's not a siege dependent ability and never was. 
    • It's nice to get that AP off killing xform ranks.
    • Without them having more comfort of roaming around open world you'd just have more people AFK and even more of a dead game.
  2. They shouldn't have to show anything on the map, your visibility shows if there's a red dot on the radar and honestly even that shouldn't be shown imo. 
  3. It pops up in chat "so and so has xformed in location" so there's no reason to stamp it on your forehead, read. 
  4. Map awareness 
  5. They did this in later patches did they not? I think they refrained from bringing a lot of later quality of life and balances forward because of a more "classic experience" even though it's not classic.

The issue non xforms are facing is at siege you have more xforms than you have regular players. This is a population problem and not an xform problem. Not going to name drop but we burned an xform SM to the ground in a 1v3 in SC so it's really not terrible. 

14 hours ago, Ontwo said:

The issue non xforms are facing is at siege you have more xforms than you have regular players. This is a population problem and not an xform problem. Not going to name drop but we burned an xform SM to the ground in a 1v3 in SC so it's really not terrible. 

This lacks so much information it means nothing. I'm pretty sure I could kill any transform if they were afk long enough. This also speaks nothing to when one is alone against a transform.

People only use transforms to gain unfair advantage in small group situations; it's supposed to be used in leagues. It isn't the majority opinion that people want fights to be almost always against something unkillable with the common amount of players in group.

3 hours ago, Edict said:

This lacks so much information it means nothing. I'm pretty sure I could kill any transform if they were afk long enough. This also speaks nothing to when one is alone against a transform.

People only use transforms to gain unfair advantage in small group situations; it's supposed to be used in leagues. It isn't the majority opinion that people want fights to be almost always against something unkillable with the common amount of players in group.

Afk lol, wow that's some special assumptions right there. 

You're not supposed to be able to kill an xform in a 1v1, you can kill them in a group of players doing dailies. The issue is most players take off running instead of standing there and fighting. From these posts I can tell which category you fall into. 

Asmo or ely by chance?

4 hours ago, Ontwo said:

Afk lol, wow that's some special assumptions right there. 

I didn't assume anything. You made a general statement that meant nothing and continues to.

4 hours ago, Ontwo said:

You're not supposed to be able to kill an xform in a 1v1.

Therefore it's overpowered. The game isn't supposed to be a constant struggle to find fair pvp. Like I said, people only come out to pvp with transform.

4 hours ago, Ontwo said:

You can kill them in a group of players doing dailies.

No, you can't unless the transform is very bad. Even if one group does manage to kill an transform, more than likely half of your group or more will die.

4 hours ago, Ontwo said:

The issue is most players take off running instead of standing there and fighting. From these posts I can tell which category you fall into. 

Fighting an transform is a death wish. If you command your party to nuke one they will just bait your support into using vital skills and come back a few later; bait scouts to run away from their team which will naturally happen since transforms run at cap speed; or they will dumpster truck damage your cloths because transforms have additional pvp attack.

The only thing that I think they should fix about transformations is only being able to use them DURING SIEGE and only on the map that has the siege active. I.E: If you transform in the Abyss when a siege starts but you return to Ingisson or Gelkmaros (that are also maps where siege happens, but not at the moment) you should not have the transformation buffs (you can keep the status so if you go back to the Abyss you still have the buffs).

Sounds complicated but it really isn't:
Xform during siege in a map where siege is happening = status + buffs (hp, pvp damage, etc);
Moved out of the map = keep status (saying that you have xform active), but no buffs;
Went back to the map where siege is happening = buffs are up again.

Xforms for 10 minutes are ok, as long as they can only be used during siege and the timer runs out when offline (this is fixed in 2.2 or 2..4 iirc).

I disagree with all except the fact that xforms should lose their buff if they are logged out more than 10mins at a time.  Its part of pvp to have xforms and if you go by lore or whatever regular players aren't supposed to be able to take down a deity general alone this is intentional. Ive killed and been killed by xform players before and its all just part of pvp. It was the same in retail 1.5/2.0 as well.