Weekly Server Maintenance - August 17, 2022 [Classic]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Hello once again,  Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 2 1/2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Dungeon Delve Ends
  • Fantastic Login Event Ends
  • EXP/Kinah/AP Double Boost Ends
  • Daeva Pass S14 and July Event Pass Ends
  • Drop Rates Raising
    • Kinah drop increase
    • Noticeable field drop rates increase across all fields in the game
  • Daeva Pass S15 Begins
    • Season 15 Discounted Price: 1320 Quna → 800 Quna
    • Maximum level will be reduced from 45 to 36
    • Weekly/Season Mission EXP reduced
    • New Items: [Evection Box, [Event] [Motion Card] Stormbringer, Mischievous Whale Costume
  • Players will no longer be disconnected due to inactivity while using Private Shop
  • New Motion Card has been added to the shop:
    • [Motion Card] Hand Fan Discounted Price: 850 Quna → 300 Quna (Sale ends 9/14)

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Magistrate said:

any plans to market the game? leveling a char and its dead

Hey we tried to do "A lost Deava" together! Luckily after an hour more people jumped in and we did it. But I agree, not many new players around. Might also we partly due to the difficulty of said quests with lower population.

13 hours ago, EMPulse said:

Hello once again,  Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 2 1/2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• EXP/Kinah/AP Double Boost Ends

Dear EMPulse,

Wouldn't it be a great idea to continue the EXP event in some sort of way? To encourage leveling, newer players and stack the end game a bit more?

Personally I really enjoyed the double EXP as I recently started again after 10 years. I probably wouldn't have stuck if not for the event. I hope you will consider. 

Kind regards,

Please lower the cost of skillbooks, and please raise Stigma drop rates.

To properly spec a new character, you need millions and millions of kinah for simple skills.

New players don't have those kinds of resources, and they're having to choose between being able to teleport and buying their skills.

1 hour ago, Fatmagic said:

Please lower the cost of skillbooks, and please raise Stigma drop rates.

To properly spec a new character, you need millions and millions of kinah for simple skills.

New players don't have those kinds of resources, and they're having to choose between being able to teleport and buying their skills.

If you had read the weekly  announcements before posting, you would know that the drop rate increase starts today after maintenance which should address those issues.

15 hours ago, Magistrate said:

any plans to market the game? leveling a char and its dead

My characters are Yoloranger (level 52), Yolosorc (level 53) and Paradigm (level 51 templar).  I am usually always on during the afternoons and evenings US Central Time.

While getting groups at leveling ranges can be difficult sometimes for campaign quests, there are several of us playing that will help any leveling characters with these quests, and NCSoft has greatly increased the XP you get from campaign quests.  The higher level yellow quests in Beluslan and Brusthonin are almost a level per quest.

Some of these quests don't always need groups.  Lost Daeva, A Spy Amongst the Lepharists, Suppressing the Bakarma Legion, Allies Amongst Enemies, The Secret of Adma Stronghold, etc; all give you upwards of nearly 100 million XP per turn in and most can be done in unconventional, suicide type runs.  AQ can be done in 5 minutes if you are willing to die twice.  Suppressing can be done in 20 minutes as long as everyone listens and follows through on where to land at the bottom.  Lost Daeva can also be suicide run.

With high level characters helping, it can be easy.  Just ask in LFG and someone is usually willing to help.

Is this your so called drop rate fix? I farmed in earthfang for 40 minutes with drop rate buff and it drops literally nothing apart from bunch of trashes. This is what you have been working on for 3 months? You guys are ridiculous.

45 minutes ago, Ssorc said:

Is this your so called drop rate fix? I farmed in earthfang for 40 minutes with drop rate buff and it drops literally nothing apart from bunch of trashes. This is what you have been working on for 3 months? You guys are ridiculous.

I started to level a character for the pve aspect of the game. From 10-15 I didn't do a single campaign quest. I did blue quests and farmed mobs a little bit. That entire time I didn't really get anything. What's really sad is I didn't even make enough kinah to go buy my lvl 13-16 skillbooks. They need to restore the loot rates to what they were at the release of classic.

11 minutes ago, Edict said:

I wouldn't pay attention to anything these people are saying. They must want fabled drops every common mob they kill. The drop rates are fine and NCsoft did a good job at fixing the drop rates.

I intentionally leveled a character to see if normal gameplay would yield good enough loot rates to sustain progression without speed leveling through campaigns and P2W and it doesn't. So hopefully mods don't listen to (•́⍜•̀) and tweak the drop rates more. 

Edited by Ontwo

@EMPulse

Can we get reset scrolls for UT/LUT & Besh in the quna shop since the dungeon delve event has ended? Could this be a rotating thing where the scrolls are for sale when either event is/isn't active? Even  if its just for a week that they are for sale.  I do not see instance timers changing so I feel this is a good compromise. 

Edited by Kickenklober

5 hours ago, Ontwo said:

I intentionally leveled a character to see if normal gameplay would yield good enough loot rates to sustain progression without speed leveling through campaigns and P2W and it doesn't. So hopefully mods don't listen to (•́⍜•̀) and tweak the drop rates more. 

The droprates arent Fixed in the slightest went and did multiple kill Quests and farmed mobs in Elthen not a Single stigma drop for any class or mana stones,

Probaly just said the droprates are fixed when in fact they did nothing.Done with this rubbish game.

Just wait the prices for everything will be the same in the 1 month over priced godstones,manastones stigmas and people still unable to buy skillbooks.

If this is what you call *fixed* ncsoft then you deserve to lose the last few players that are left couldn't run a chook raffle honestly.

I've noticed quite a large difference in drop rate.  I've grinded for 2 or 3 hours in the course of doing the Fenris Fang deathmark mobs in Brusthonin and gotten a Healing Conduit IV Chanter stigma, 4 skillbooks, a Resist Magic +12 manastone, lots of white Blizzard weapons and armor to breakdown and 2 Void pieces to breakdown.

I haven't run UT yet, but friends that have been doing XP runs in Upper and Lower Udas are reporting a massive increase in the amount of loot you can breakdown.

The broker when I logged off this evening a couple of hours ago had 12-16 pieces of Demolition 45 gear, a page of Celestial gold gear, a Zapiel's Jewell and several Elder pieces.  

The negative elements playing the game will complain that the drop rates are horrible when there are no mats and no gear on the broker and the economy is broken, and then complain because there's too much gear on the broker and more bots.   Complaining after a day or two about RNG is akin to a state lottery decreasing the odds of winning the lottery and your are incensed and pissed off because you bought some lotto tickets and still didn't win.

To each his/her own, but if you aren't having fun playing a video game, then just go find another one that can bring you more joy.

Either way, the drop rates have indeed increased.

Edited by Yoloranger

9 minutes ago, Yoloranger said:

I've noticed quite a large difference in drop rate.  I've grinded for 2 or 3 hours in the course of doing the Fenris Fang deathmark mobs in Brusthonin and gotten a Healing Conduit IV Chanter stigma, 4 skillbooks, a Resist Magic +12 manastone, lots of white Blizzard weapons and armor to breakdown and 2 Void pieces to breakdown.

I haven't run UT yet, but friends that have been doing XP runs in Upper and Lower Udas are reporting a massive increase in the amount of loot you can breakdown.

The broker when I logged off this evening a couple of hours ago had 12-16 pieces of Demolition 45 gear, a page of Celestial gold gear, a Zapiel's Jewell and several Elder pieces.  

The negative elements playing the game will complain that the drop rates are horrible when there are no mats and no gear on the broker and the economy is broken, and then complain because there's too much gear on the broker and more bots.   Complaining after a day or two about RNG is akin to a state lottery decreasing the odds of winning the lottery and your are incensed and pissed off because you bought some lotto tickets and still didn't win.

To each his/her own, but if you aren't having fun playing a video game, then just go find another one that can bring you more joy.

I went out and grinded on my ranger again today so coming from a new leveling character perspective it's pretty sparse, nowhere near sustainable. I wasn't exactly expecting Aion Classic to magically start attracting population back, but I'm glad I'm not dependent on grinding new gear. I guess the best way to start a new toon as a new player is just candy it to higher levels to Brushonin and Theobomos. I haven't went to grind my max level toons for loot. 

They fixed the item drops and anyone else complaining about it probably was suspected of botting and were sanctioned, they are making assumptions about loot rates off a bad sample, or they have too high expectations thinking every mob killed should drop a superior item.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:40 PM, Yoloranger said:

My characters are Yoloranger (level 52), Yolosorc (level 53) and Paradigm (level 51 templar).  I am usually always on during the afternoons and evenings US Central Time.

While getting groups at leveling ranges can be difficult sometimes for campaign quests, there are several of us playing that will help any leveling characters with these quests, and NCSoft has greatly increased the XP you get from campaign quests.  The higher level yellow quests in Beluslan and Brusthonin are almost a level per quest.

Some of these quests don't always need groups.  Lost Daeva, A Spy Amongst the Lepharists, Suppressing the Bakarma Legion, Allies Amongst Enemies, The Secret of Adma Stronghold, etc; all give you upwards of nearly 100 million XP per turn in and most can be done in unconventional, suicide type runs.  AQ can be done in 5 minutes if you are willing to die twice.  Suppressing can be done in 20 minutes as long as everyone listens and follows through on where to land at the bottom.  Lost Daeva can also be suicide run.

With high level characters helping, it can be easy.  Just ask in LFG and someone is usually willing to help.

I highly doubt they're 'almost' a level without the double xp event. Still without the blue quests boosted and no double xp, it's still a lenghty grind... Sure most quests are solo-able, but not for total newbies... Which will demolish potential new players. 

On 8/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, Yoloranger said:

Never once saw anyone complain about an abundance of mats,stones or stigmas.Heck even in retail we used to get the pink quests for manastones in heiron.

I farmed on my 34 templar and got virtually nothing in terms of stones,stigmas and vendor junk.Im about too make another toon and i also bet it doesnt get drops.

Saying people should play something else doesn't really help,if we want population to be repaired,if you believe drops are better thats your view point but a lot of people also say they see no difference, everyone is entitled to a viewpoint.