BCM Error 404 persistence

Titan

I came back exclusively for stormwing and I am leaving because of BCM. How is this game not dead yet, who are the people continue to support it?

I tried to get to bcm & got error, I restarted & same thing, I did client repair & no errors were found & start game & same thing.

WHY is BCM involved in an event? Why not make it ingame exclusively? I even can't get the pet first.

You ncwest KNOW why this happens & if you don't why do you still have a job there? This error is persistent for years already.

Screenshot-2023-06-28-154312.jpg

I tried to search for "Stormwing" & it found the pet but it won't allow to buy it.

Screenshot-2023-06-28-154750.jpg

Edited by Titan

Yes and when it glitches it seems to persist and it is account based.

I had it one time on my main account (long time ago) and I couldn't get it to load properly no matter what I tried. Then I logged an alt account and BCM worked instantly, logged my main account and I got error 404 again. It strangely went away on itself.

This is not an actual glitch, mark my words it is defo some sort of protection they put somewhere and it doesn't work as intended so it causes these problems.

Edited by Arhangelos

On 6/29/2023 at 6:02 AM, Squid said:

If you are using a proxy turn it off and see if it works.

I did everything, some times it works with proxy sometimes without. Right now for example I lost 2 days of it because of the error.

I tried to log from an internet cafe and I had the same problem. I will leave my char on 24/7 and do nothing else just for the final transform.

This company needs so terribly to close, they are doing nothing correct. BCM is supposed to be their source of income for retail and it doesn't work for days for many people.

Edited by Arhangelos

This is not a new bug (the loading errors have been happening since at least 2018) and most players already know what to do to when that error message comes up. 

I agree it is super annoying and needs to be fixed.

From my perspective, they have not fixed it because the BCM normally works within the first 20-30min after opening the game. Eventually it stops working, you'll get the 404 loading error and it won't let you buy anything until you completely close it out and relaunch the game again. 

Maybe others have it more often now?

Edited by Alyta-DN

I figured my BCM works the first 5~10 seconds I just log in game, this is how I manage to get the stormwing tokens the last week and that is thanks to them being in the first page so ti si easy to just click on it. If I do not get them the moment I just log, the BCM brings 404 error.

It used to be that BCM worked marginally for 30 minutes to 1 hour after logging in. Something must have been wrong and it lasts only 10 seconds max for me.

Now I am more persuaded this is not a bug, it is a feature that is wrongly implemented, nothing can change my mind after all the trial and error so far.