server merge

The problem is not that manastones are in short supply, it's that socketing failure destroys all that you had socketed on that item.

This problem was addressed by the devs many years ago in Aion retail. For some reason the devs have neglected it in Aion Classic.

They could at least offer Felicitous Socketing (Eternal)s on the Quna shop. I mean they are an available item in Aion Classic if you paste the item code into chat including the square brackets to see what I mean.

eg.   [item:166150004]

see https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/166150004

It's just that you can't obtain them for some reason.

Edited by Zurl

On 8/7/2023 at 3:56 AM, Chronobrrj-DN said:

True.  I thought a number of full alliances were needed to take Divine Fort, but maybe I was wrong... or maybe they did pull full alliances.

We got away with an alliance and a bit. I saw a heap of xform messages go up.

I turned up late and xformed immediately, boss was already down to half health, still managed to get over 200k AP for the kill.

It was very hard, lots of adds, silence, and fears.

Edited by Cyfur

58 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

We got away with an alliance and a bit. I saw a heap of xform messages go up.

I turned up late and xformed immediately, boss was already down to half health, still managed to get over 200k AP for the kill.

It was very hard, lots of adds, silence, and fears.

Yea, I bet it was a very troublesome fight.

2 hours ago, Cyfur said:

It was horrible, I was on my cleric, and almost continuously silenced or feared,  even when xformed.

That actually sounds like more of a fun challenge than the routine siege grind on Siel.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:27 AM, Zurl said:

The problem is not that manastones are in short supply, it's that socketing failure destroys all that you had socketed on that item.

This problem was addressed by the devs many years ago in Aion retail. For some reason the devs have neglected it in Aion Classic.

They could at least offer Felicitous Socketing (Eternal)s on the Quna shop. I mean they are an available item in Aion Classic if you paste the item code into chat including the square brackets to see what I mean.

eg.   [item:166150004]

see https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/166150004

It's just that you can't obtain them for some reason.

Yep, just what we need to hand NCSoft some more of our money. I am sure they will get right on that.

Speaking of socketing gear, it seems odd to me that 70% success chance fails 90% of the time apparently.

14 hours ago, Carensell said:

Yep, just what we need to hand NCSoft some more of our money. I am sure they will get right on that.

Speaking of socketing gear, it seems odd to me that 70% success chance fails 90% of the time apparently.

Doesn't 70% chance of socketting success work out to something like,  0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7  = 0.24 for a 4 socket piece,

or   0.7 x 0.7 x  0.7 x 0.7 x0.7 x 0.7 = 0.11 for a 6 socket piece.

So you have a 24% chance of success on a 4 socket piece or an 11% chance of success on a 6 socket piece.

8 hours ago, Ping said:

Doesn't 70% chance of socketting success work out to something like,  0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7  = 0.24 for a 4 socket piece,

So you have a 24% chance of success on a 4 socket piece or an 11% chance of success on a 6 socket piece.

When socketing a Fabled piece, it says 70% success rate on 1 try.  But we all know Aion´s math is flawed, and the rate is way below that.........  So, most people are running around with 2 or 3 manastones in each gear...

If gear is Eternal, socketing gets absolutely harder...lol

On 8/13/2023 at 3:22 AM, Ping said:

Lol, math. Not my strong suit. But I think 7x4=28. Regardless I feel like it fails more often than not.

Edited by Carensell

On 8/21/2023 at 8:24 AM, Carensell said:

Lol, math. Not my strong suit. But I think 7x4=28. Regardless I feel like it fails more often than not.

Yep, maths is not your strong suite. Try using a calculator.

It works out to 0.2401 but I rounded it to 2 decimal places.

Edited by Zurl