Weekly Server Maintenance - August 29, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Roseae

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 3PM PDT / 5PM CDT / 10PM UTC, and will conclude after approximately 2 hours 15 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Enchantment Stone Bundle Sales Ends
  • Sailor Swimwear Sales Ends
  • Daeva Pass Season 27 Ends
  • Daeva Pass Season 28 Begins
    • Pass Duration: August 29 - September 26
    • Season Ends: September 24

Known Issues:

• Fixed an issue where the title of other players couldn't be viewed when teleported to a different zone while using the Shift+F12 function.

Server Merge Announcement (Siel/Nezekan) - September 19th

We are aware that many players have been requesting a server merge, and thanks to your suggestions we have reached a decision to proceed with the consolidation of the Nezekan and Siel servers for Aion Classic.

The goal of this merger aims to create a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience for all Aion Classic players.

Server Merge Schedule: Tuesday, September 19th, 2023
Server Merge Plan: Siel Server + Nezekan Server → Siel Server

We will be providing full details and conditions regarding this server merge on September 5. However, we wanted to give you as much advance notice as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to post any questions you might have about this server merge in the comments section. We will make every effort to address your questions and concerns in a comprehensive article FAQ to be published in the near future.

We are trying to get these issues fixed as soon as possible and will keep posted. Thanks to those of you who reported it to us, and we very much appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Thank you!
    The Aion Team

Any good mmorpg offers drops from mobs and bosses. You guys removed this experience from us and that's why your server keeps dying.

You guys have really bad managers. We not even asking for too much, just give us what we used to have before.

You don't have graphics to compare numbers from when you released Aion Classic and now? I been playing since day 1 and I'm here telling you the main problem of this game, just listen to me and all players that been also playing since day 1 and fix it, why it can't be that simple? I assure you, you guys would have much more money than now.

Most players that left just wanted to be able to farm stuff from mobs and bosses. How many times we need to say it? You don't want your game to be successful like in Korea? What's your problem?

Edited by Violet

8 hours ago, Violet said:

Any good mmorpg offers drops from mobs and bosses. You guys removed this experience from us and that's why your server keeps dying.

You guys have really bad managers. We not even asking for too much, just give us what we used to have before.

You don't have graphics to compare numbers from when you released Aion Classic and now? I been playing since day 1 and I'm here telling you the main problem of this game, just listen to me and all players that been also playing since day 1 and fix it, why it can't be that simple? I assure you, you guys would have much more money than now.

Most players that left just wanted to be able to farm stuff from mobs and bosses. How many times we need to say it? You don't want your game to be successful like in Korea? What's your problem?

Nicely said.  

Any decent MMORPG game gives the players a fair chance of drops from mobs.

Also, give us Aion 2.8 already.

12 hours ago, Violet said:

This is 100% truth. I've played MMORPGs since the beginning of MMORPG. Farming world drops is the base of the experience. Taking that away turned the game into daily grinds, siege then logging off. NOT a role playing game.

1 hour ago, Jisoo said:

This is 100% truth. I've played MMORPGs since the beginning of MMORPG. Farming world drops is the base of the experience. Taking that away turned the game into daily grinds, siege then logging off. NOT a role playing game.

Go onto the EU servers that have just gone to Classic 2.0 a couple of weeks ago. They still have pre-2.5 world drops, at all but peak times there are far more bots online than real players. I counted 84 level 31 Ranger bots farming in just Theo.

Remember what trying to do the mithril coin daily quest outside Inggison fort was like on Siel before 2.5? Trying to kill the quest  mobs with a dozen spiritmaster bots competing with you,  it sucked. 

Killing world drops has proven to be a great remedy for bots. What the devs need to do now is think of more ways to improve other rewards that bots can't exploit.

Also remember that grinding is good for the unemployed, but not for people that have jobs, school, or at most can't afford to play all day.

The only time I grind world mobs is when it's part of a quest I am trying to complete, so I am focused on the quest, not the drops, don't care about those as long as I am completing the quest.

• Roseae pinned this topic
    7 hours ago, Grace said:

i wonder if eu is as pay to win as ncwest is here lol  with little drop rate or is there drop rate not broken like ours is hrmm

The EU is "grind to win", everything takes forever. eg. the bosses in Taloc reward about 300k XP, on Siel it's 10million or more depending on event buffs.

Grind forever means more consumption of subscription required to level.

I never understood why a new server was created in the first place. Siel was never overpopulated. Most of the people on NZ have mains on SL anyway.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:59 AM, Violet said:

They wont acknowledge what we really need until people stop PAYING them for the Siel membership. Once their money starts hurting, changes will be made

Edited by xGRAFFITIx

• Roseae unpinned this topic