What do you think about Update 2.8?

Bonehunter

I thought I'd start with a topic,
in order to collect and bundle the different opinions about the update from the player community.

Here is my opinion and feeling about the whole thing:

This update is not  beginners and or poorly equipped players friendly.
The split over Ingison and Gelkmaros to Apheta Beluslan is not useful because there are still too few players online at the same time.
The daily bindpoint probably changed to weekly in the hope of NC that everyone would switch to Apheta..

& Of course they removed the display of the ranking in Apheta.
So that you don't see what rank the other player has... it could scare someone away from continuing to play there.

I don't have very many on my friends list, but even half of them have just sniffed around and then stopped playing.
It's a shame that paying customers would drop out.

Uhhhmm NC-> You thought wrong!

Well, in my opinion it seems that even more players are jumping out and wait for 3.0, if at all.

What do you say to that?
What are your opinions?

What have you experienced?

How do you like the new map?
Do you enjoy not knowing which rank you have to fight against?

Lots of things are still broken.

The game doesn't exit properly on DC or quit, you have to kill it in task manager

Frag mem 1 quest is broken on the Elyos side, meaning a chain of 3 campaign quests you can't complete.

The Tiak NPC still speaks ion Korean.

Many of the NPCs you can't click on their front, you have to move to their side to select them.

The Steel Rake armor set reward at L58 is rather pointless.

11 hours ago, Doris said:

I thought I'd start with a topic,
in order to collect and bundle the different opinions about the update from the player community.

Here is my opinion and feeling about the whole thing:

This update is not  beginners and or poorly equipped players friendly.
The split over Ingison and Gelkmaros to Apheta Beluslan is not useful because there are still too few players online at the same time.
The daily bindpoint probably changed to weekly in the hope of NC that everyone would switch to Apheta..

& Of course they removed the display of the ranking in Apheta.
So that you don't see what rank the other player has... it could scare someone away from continuing to play there.

I don't have very many on my friends list, but even half of them have just sniffed around and then stopped playing.
It's a shame that paying customers would drop out.

Uhhhmm NC-> You thought wrong!

Well, in my opinion it seems that even more players are jumping out and wait for 3.0, if at all.

What do you say to that?
What are your opinions?

What have you experienced?

How do you like the new map?
Do you enjoy not knowing which rank you have to fight against?

This is by far the worst update they have done, they not only ruined the new player base they also ruin daily's. Making gelk weekly was the worst decision they made, now im forced to go and get molested by a player with 15+ gear because he plays 24/7 . Game is so unbalanced its almost not worth playing for anybody who is new. 
also the fact that PASS event scrolls etc is not account tradable is laughable. Game is a big joke. 

1 hour ago, Nuttynut said:

Making gelk weekly was the worst decision they made, now im forced to go and get molested by a player with 15+ gear because he plays 24/7 .

I noticed today that the <Daemon Token> is no longer available as a reward. Instead, they have been replaced by <Apheta Warden Mark>.😲

Which throws me back again.😭

I wanted to buy a god stone box with it.

I can forget that now.😥

Edited by Doris

12 hours ago, Nuttynut said:

This is by far the worst update they have done, they not only ruined the new player base they also ruin daily's. Making gelk weekly was the worst decision they made, now im forced to go and get molested by a player with 15+ gear because he plays 24/7 . Game is so unbalanced its almost not worth playing for anybody who is new. 
also the fact that PASS event scrolls etc is not account tradable is laughable. Game is a big joke. 

The camp quests on the new map are daily. Doing those will actually get you more medals than the way the Ingg/Gelk daily quests were before 2.8.

I presume the change to weekly is to make playing on the new mail attractive.

Edited by Cyfur

2 hours ago, Cyfur said:

will actually get you more medals

btw: but the wrong ones I need other rewards !!!

for example need the <Daemon Token>

which I no longer receive ...😭

so I only get the <Apheta Warden Mark> which I don't have enough of to afford anything yet🤮

Version 2.8 is just a rehashed product by NC Soft, as everyone knows that the AB map will be removed after version 2.9 or 3.0. It is clear that this map is a failure, or rather, a rushed job to appease players with a half-finished product. This map offers no surprises for players, featuring monotonous daily tasks, named mobs that only drop 15,000 kinah, and world bosses that appear at set times. It lacks the sense of adventure and achievement that existed in Beluslan in versions 1.2-1.9, like when you acquired a rare piece of equipment. By the way, I should mention that the Cavalier equipment will be the most short-lived PvP gear, as it will no longer exist in version 3.0.

bring back OG aion this is so shit, you made the game for Koreans in NA lol 
3.0 will ruin aion this isnt even classic at this point. Game is straight shit, takes you 2 days to lvl max and gathering takes weeks, etc so much negative i can tell you about the game but its not worth i rather quit lol youll see for yourself how pointless the game is 
just like we all wasted time in retail AION its another cycle 

• 2 months later...

I am curious about some of the new skills.

I see people using Doom Lure when there is no Templar in the group.

I see people using Fear when there is no SM in the group.

How is this achieved?