Crucible Spire

Caliente-DN

I’ve enjoyed Crucible Spire for some time I need to point out that the new level 6 with its two bosses is now way too hard for most of my players. With my main player, Feelslikeburing, I’m not even close to being able to finish level 6. On the other hand, when my cleric goes past level 6 the gameplay is more normal on the rest of the levels.

Also, further on...maybe level 15, there's the one with fire spirit bosses where you must turn yourself into a water spirit.   Can you give me a clue please?    I assume you attack the main pedestal with your water spirit, but that seems to do nothing.

You guys, did you test the new Crucible Spire before you released it?

Just wondering, did you pick up the potion at the start? It helps. What I did on Floor 6 is take out the one on the right first (since I noticed the one on the left healed itself) and then kill the other one. Always moving to avoid Pierce.

As for floor 15, it is really straightforward if you paid attention to the mobs' buffs. They are invulnerable to damage unless they are attacked with X element. You are turned into a spirit of X element and attack the spirits. Once the four spirits are dead, the floor is done. :P

Thanks Bryos.   I'll give it a go again.   For some odd reason, my Sorc does very little damage to the one on the right.   I have a medium level Chanter and was able to get past this, so the Sorc issue is frustrating.   Little damage?   Odd.   But I will try again.

And if someone else can get the fire spirits then I know it is just me.

You don't have to change into a spirit, you just have to deal fire damage. I killed them on my cleric with Word of Destruction, because when I saw them, I panicked. (OMG so many ranged mobs!) It was later, when I got to the floor with four pillars and the boss changing its buffs, I was like: "Oh, I was supposed to change into a spirit..."

OK Mayinne.   That was easy.   My Cleric's WOD did the spirits in less than 10 seconds.   I still think Crucible Spire needed more testing prior to the update.   My Sorc struggles with the level 6 as if someone has nerfed my sorc ----that toon is max geared.   Like I said, my undergeared Chanter had no problem with level 6

3 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Crucible Spire floors always favour a class in some way and puts other classes in disadvantage at the same time.

Do you know which floors favour other classes than cleric? (and possibly other than SW and SM too, but I haven't tried it on those)

No, I know its true because anyone who has any simple idea of the capabilities and mechanics of a class can go to Crucible spire and say "Damn, this floor was hard, x class might do better" or "That was a breeze, wonder what classes would have a harder time". For instance, the infamous floor 27. 

Archived