Can play aion with joystick?

Elroy-DN

There's programs like XPadder that allow you to map joystick buttons to keyboard/mouse keys. I tried it with an XBox controller, it's fine for walking around, but in terms of combat, there's too many skills to fit them into the limited amount of buttons you have on the controller, even when using combinations with the trigger/LR buttons. It would be more fit for games like Guild Wars where your skillbars are way smaller.

Everyone tells me that I am crazy to play Aion with a gamepad, and they are probably right. I tell them anyone can do it and it takes only a year of practice to get good at it.

Gxj22na.png

• buttons(1-3/6-8) are 6 skills
  • left trigger + buttons are 6 other skills
  • right trigger + buttons are 6 other skills
  • =18 skills per set.
  • SHIFT(0-9) will switch to different hot key sets [Left bumper as SHIFT.]
  • 18 skills x 6 sets = 108 items/skills.
  • If we use an Xbox with 4(ABYX) buttons then we have 12 skills per set x 4 sets = 48 skills.
  • I have set up one of the extra hot bars as [Left Trigger + Right Trigger] + buttons for even more skills per set:

muuvCKN.png

• SET 1 is buffs.
  • SET 8 is traps
  • SET 2 is main attack
  • SET 7 is heals/flight

Switching sets during combat sure slows things down, but I'm used to it, and I stay on SET 2 90% of the time.

All that being said, I still use keyboard and mouse clicks from time to time.

MayBlue

• 10 months later...
On 29/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, MayBlue-DN said:

Everyone tells me that I am crazy to play Aion with a gamepad, and they are probably right. I tell them anyone can do it and it takes only a year of practice to get good at it.

Gxj22na.png

• buttons(1-3/6-8) are 6 skills
  • left trigger + buttons are 6 other skills
  • right trigger + buttons are 6 other skills
  • =18 skills per set.
  • SHIFT(0-9) will switch to different hot key sets [Left bumper as SHIFT.]
  • 18 skills x 6 sets = 108 items/skills.
  • If we use an Xbox with 4(ABYX) buttons then we have 12 skills per set x 4 sets = 48 skills.
  • I have set up one of the extra hot bars as [Left Trigger + Right Trigger] + buttons for even more skills per set:

muuvCKN.png

• SET 1 is buffs.
  • SET 8 is traps
  • SET 2 is main attack
  • SET 7 is heals/flight

Switching sets during combat sure slows things down, but I'm used to it, and I stay on SET 2 90% of the time.

All that being said, I still use keyboard and mouse clicks from time to time.

MayBlue

I tried with that program and it does not work Is there any way to make it work? I have already used it in other games but in aion it does not work

Archived