Shining stones vs. omegas and eternals?

Krystaline-KT

My understanding is the only way to guarantee an enchantment is with an omega stone and greater supps and that's what I've used on mythic gear, but is this also the case for eternals? How risky is it (in general) to keep using shining stones w/o supps to enchant a pair of Frigida boots? It's currently at +5 with the intention of purifying it at +10.

Enchantment success rate are terrible without supplements. Without supplements, using shining / glowing stones have an approximate odds of 1 in 8 for reaching +7 (not accounting for the ~5% chance of getting +2 on a single attempt)

Here's my test data collection spreadsheet (updated from time to time):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19TlSdgbUqhMBWXbTLCErD-Ss29zOmuvmEUZKVAs0enY/edit#gid=677634904

Thanks for that. It was your spreadsheet on mythic gear that inspired me to give shining stones a shot for +1 on my mythic gear. I didn't use supplements on any of them and they all went through just fine. As for the Frigida Legion Brogans, I used a regular stone for +1 and then four shining stones to get to +5, no supplements.

Archived