Gunner DMG bug in IDD

Oxente-KT

This week was my first IDD after new patch and i saw something:

Each run i did diferent dmg;

With the same grp my skills is doing diferent dmg

some runs i hit 22k of dmg on supressing fire... otherr runs i hit 10k

Without crit. Anyone saw that ?

Are there any outside variables? For example, was there a chanter in your group when you were doing 22k damage, but no chanter when you did 10k damage? Same scenario, but with a songweaver? Both classes will boost your damage. Have you received any new gear pieces between the two runs, socketed new manastones, retuned existing gear pieces, enchanted existing gear pieces? Did you have shards on for both runs? Did you have the Prestige 400 PVE attack buff on in both runs (or neither run)? Is the skill Suppressing Fire one of the skills that has a range of dps it can do instead of a flat number?

I've noticed similar situations as well. Going from 80-90k on ravager to  30-40. Some runs my DPS is literally half of what it is in others. A few other bugs as well, like Idium barrage not hitting gate for Lakrum siege. Steady Barrage doesn't either. But works just fine for Divine. 

My groups are almost always the same. I run a chanter for phys, and a SW for mage groups. While as an AT I tend to go back and forth between which group i'm in, I find that the difference over the last couple weeks to be far greater than it normally is between being in the chanter group or the SW group.

Most magic classes have some magic defense reduction debuff, so you're probably hitting your bigs skills when those.debuffs are up.and sometimes not.

My At Ravage Cannon usually deals 160k to Frigida, yesterday there were an sm and sorc in group, it escalated to 250k or 330k crit dmg.

One other thing you might check when you have a chanter in your group. Pull up your profile and set it to the side so you can see your stats. If you notice them go red intermittently (like your stats go negative), ask your chanter to remove their mantras, count to 5 or 10, then put them back on. There is a bug that chanters sometimes get when we have our mantras up for too long that will cause everyone who is affected by the mantras (including ourselves) to get negative stats intermittently. This will really hurt your dps. I will remove my mantras and re-apply them before every boss fight because of this.

That's a long shot, but it is possible, so thought I'd mention it.

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

One other thing you might check when you have a chanter in your group. Pull up your profile and set it to the side so you can see your stats. If you notice them go red intermittently (like your stats go negative), ask your chanter to remove their mantras, count to 5 or 10, then put them back on. There is a bug that chanters sometimes get when we have our mantras up for too long that will cause everyone who is affected by the mantras (including ourselves) to get negative stats intermittently. This will really hurt your dps. I will remove my mantras and re-apply them before every boss fight because of this.

That's a long shot, but it is possible, so thought I'd mention it.

WTF?? Are they aware of this? I did not know or notice this. That's a major fckup.

1 hour ago, SevenLions-KT said:

WTF?? Are they aware of this? I did not know or notice this. That's a major fckup.

I've seen it mentioned on the forums (this one and the old forums) a couple times throughout the past few years, but it's pretty uncommon. For example, the last time it happened to me personally was probably back in like January. However, it happened to a groupmate of mine like a month ago. He was pretty confused and I was like, "Wait a minute, I'll fix it" and re-applied my mantras lol. :/ It didn't happen to him again while we were grouped.

So I'm not coding-savvy or anything, but it's my GUESS that it has to do with the way it affects your stats. Obviously, mantras boost your stats. I think sometimes (rarely) the mantra coding will get glitchy and the red stats bug happens.

Here's another thread about it. You'll see that the two people commenting on the thread are both chanters. Note, I am not positive that it is chanter mantras causing it; that is just my best guess as anytime it has happened to me (on any of my toons), there has been a chanter -- either me or someone else in the group.

Archived