returning player with a few questions.

Kthxbye-KT

just logged back into the game after many years, I am lvl 65 ranger. I have a couple of questions if anyone might be kind enough to answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

1.  I have the BM set, the 60 pvp set and the 65 pvp set, (+10)  will any of these hold me till I get a new pvp set or is there something else I should get for now?

I have about 45 gold ingots and 500 m kinah or so.

2. godstones and manastones that are already slotted in items are lost and can't be removed right?

3. I remember they used to have some free stuff for returning players, do they still do this?

4. What is the current state of rangers in pvp?  how are we on  magical accuracy?

5. I'm guessing MR isn't viable on a ranger anymore?

Thank you!

1. No. In fact, the new, free PVE gear you get from entering Lakrum map would be better for PVP compared to level 65 old gear. Just rubbish it or keep it for skins.

2. You cannot recover items that are already slotted/socketed into gear.

3. Possibly. Go to Pandaemonium/Sanctum and look for some pink quests.

4/5. I don't play ranger, so no comment, sorry!

14 hours ago, 1s2062B2-KT said:

just logged back into the game after many years, I am lvl 65 ranger. I have a couple of questions if anyone might be kind enough to answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

1.  I have the BM set, the 60 pvp set and the 65 pvp set, (+10)  will any of these hold me till I get a new pvp set or is there something else I should get for now? I have about 45 gold ingots and 500 m kinah or so.
2. godstones and manastones that are already slotted in items are lost and can't be removed right?
3. I remember they used to have some free stuff for returning players, do they still do this?
4. What is the current state of rangers in pvp?  how are we on  magical accuracy?
5. I'm guessing MR isn't viable on a ranger anymore?

Thank you!

1) Getting pve lakrum gear from campaigns is better at pvp than your old 65 pvp set, because most stats from pre 6.0 are irrelevant now.
You can get the basic ancient pvp set from doing lakrum weeklies in camps (once you hit lvl 80) and get the whole set the first week, then you enchant it to +15 to upgrade it to legendary and then ultimate.
2) They were never able to be removed anyways, but godstones are not usable in new items, only in old items and old manastones are also outdated, so you also do not need those.
3) Yes in Pandaimonium and Sanctum, the NPC is still there, but not sure if it still gives anything.
4) They are doing fine, there are some op classes that are tanks+self healers + dps machines, and archer is not one of them. But archers are  like sorcerers, but toughre with more survivability and more mobile, so as long as sorcs exist you know you will never be in the bottom. your class is still an anti-cloth in a way, especially anti-sorc.
5) MR was useless before 7.0, now MR vs M.acc got some boost, so if you fully tune your optional stats in pvp for m.res and you fully socket m.res manastones, you get something like a +20% more m.res than the m.acc of the enemy if he socketed full m.acc. So if the enemy didn't put m.acc at all (at least manastones) this can jump to a 30%. I am not 100% accurate on numbers, but fully defensive stats are not as op as they used to be in pre-6.0 where someone with MR would simply run around resisting everything.

These resisting sets are usually preferred by clerics. Clerics get more than 1 sets, they get an evasion/pdef combo set favoring evasion when possible, for fighters and an m.res/m.def combo for mages. but only if they can afford to get many sets. That is because they are true healers and evasiong hits makes them win in arenas. But most players do not invest in fully defensive sets

Archived