Red Katalam issues?

Squid

I am not sure why i am seeing so many people asking for the timer to be removed.

Is there only a limited amount of players that can go through your own factions/server rift at any given time? I know the limit inside is 1000 but ultimately if the area is dead on arrival due to our player base then would it not be easier to work as a community and go OK 8pm every other night = red katalam PvP time. If you want open world PvP in red katalam every other day at this time all the PvPers will be in there so. 

Beyond that i fail to see why it is an issue. The community has all the power to improve their own experience collectively. If you set a timer and legitimately no one shows up during that time period then no one wants to PvP.

12 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I am not sure why i am seeing so many people asking for the timer to be removed.

Is there only a limited amount of players that can go through your own factions/server rift at any given time? I know the limit inside is 1000 but ultimately if the area is dead on arrival due to our player base then would it not be easier to work as a community and go OK 8pm every other night = red katalam PvP time. If you want open world PvP in red katalam every other day at this time all the PvPers will be in there so. 

Beyond that i fail to see why it is an issue. The community has all the power to improve their own experience collectively. If you set a timer and legitimately no one shows up during that time period then no one wants to PvP.

I got into a same conversation with someone who, I told him to treat Katalam as a big fat liberated Evergale Canyon style of instance, where instead of 92vs92 we have max 1000v1000 or something in a realistically big map. Take it or leave it, call it a map or an instance, it is what it is.

The developers are so happy with that they make Lakrum and Demaha exactly the same in 7.5.. This is because they make their dying game look more alive, one map with all servers combined, it is an indirect way of making a server merge without a merge.

I personally do not even know when it opens, I went there for a moment, did some quests and realized there is not much for me there. I got a weapon box, the weapon was not better than my pvp weapon and I had to use it to kill elyos (10 of them) to make a quest, the weapon vanished before I even had the chance to find an elyos in our side, it lasted like 10 minutes or so, I am not sure. At one point there was a kinah box somewhere, went there I was alone started attacking it and then a gazillion elyos from known big legions came together and killed me (not before I killed a gladiator who came first). I saw not a single Asmodian there.

Plenty of people feel confused at the beginning of every patch and plenty of people hate the change just because they became grumpy. I take the changes with a grain of salt because I know I will be confused and I do not rush things. Like for example my end game map is still Lakrum up to this date, If I added the hours I was in Demaha map from the moment it came until now I am sure it is not even 10 hours in total or something and that included hours of me being there not knowing what I am supposed to do. I feel the same for Katalam, it is not for soloers like me, so people who are in big legions will probably love it, give them some time and they will be used to it like they got used to Demaha.

44 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I personally do not even know when it opens

It is open at all times, as long as you have hourglass minutes available to use. It's definitely more active at night NA time.

44 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

At one point there was a kinah box somewhere, went there I was alone started attacking it and then a gazillion elyos from known big legions came together and killed me (not before I killed a gladiator who came first). I saw not a single Asmodian there.

You didn't miss anything. Those boxes just have 10 mil kinah in them. Yes, really.

Idk, my personal (limited) experience with Katalam so far is that if you're looking for pvp, stay near the starting/windstream areas. However, it's new and exciting, so it's still very zergy. I was with my boyfriend last night, and 2v10 was a common occurrence for us. So you have to be patient with the situation. If you want to complete camps for bloodmark quests without much interference from other people, go toward the middle/bottom of the map.

21 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

If you want to complete camps for bloodmark quests without much interference from other people, go toward the middle/bottom of the map.

...ok since I found you, what do we need blood marks for? Is it for armor pieces, pve/pvp or something? Is there any good pve set "given" there?

38 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...ok since I found you, what do we need blood marks for? Is it for armor pieces, pve/pvp or something? Is there any good pve set "given" there?

I'm definitely not an expert on Katalam gear stuff (yet), but I do not think there is an pve gear from there. There is just the Katalam pvp gear which is slightly worse than the Ultimate Dark Talon (genesis crystal). The bloodmarks are used to buy that pvp gear. I haven't messed with it yet because I still have three T1 ultimate gen crys pieces I need to purify, plus I gotta +15 several items still. Can't worry about a 2nd set while I'm still working on my 1st lmao.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm definitely not an expert on Katalam gear stuff (yet), but I do not think there is an pve gear from there. There is just the Katalam pvp gear which is slightly worse than the Ultimate Dark Talon (genesis crystal). The bloodmarks are used to buy that pvp gear. I haven't messed with it yet because I still have three T1 ultimate gen crys pieces I need to purify, plus I gotta +15 several items still. Can't worry about a 2nd set while I'm still working on my 1st lmao.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Then I guess I won't bother, you can practically make a 2nd gear now because Etiums are account wh storable, so you cna literally run ID 12 times and even if you get losing rewards in all of them ,they still give you a ton of them to your main... all free of charge, and if anyone thinks it is too hard to do 12 characters (which is) think that you are getting the top set instead of wasting hours for bloodmarks.

They should have had bloodmark sets available since 7.0... because now the majority of people already have T2+15 or are close to that.

7 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Then I guess I won't bother, you can practically make a 2nd gear now because Etiums are account wh storable, so you cna literally run ID 12 times and even if you get losing rewards in all of them ,they still give you a ton of them to your main... all free of charge, and if anyone thinks it is too hard to do 12 characters (which is) think that you are getting the top set instead of wasting hours for bloodmarks.

They should have had bloodmark sets available since 7.0... because now the majority of people already have T2+15 or are close to that.

I'm not sure tbh. One of my legionmates already has all of the ultimate armor pieces of the Katalam gear after just 2 days. You generally can't get all armor pieces (ultimate) of gen crys gear in 2 days. Like I said though, I'm not an expert on it. Maybe someone who is will come in here and comment their opinion on it.

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm not sure tbh. One of my legionmates already has all of the ultimate armor pieces of the Katalam gear after just 2 days. You generally can't get all armor pieces (ultimate) of gen crys gear in 2 days. Like I said though, I'm not an expert on it. Maybe someone who is will come in here and comment their opinion on it.

For new players then that is good news. Get a decent pvp set and then work on the real thing.

Archived