Huh... Oceanic server?

Hypnotika-DN

It's been about 6yrs since I last played; Downloading and logging into the new launcher I'm asked to select a region and I see Oceanic as a selectable region.

I've Googled but found nothing but old posts dating back to when Nezekan was around. Am I to assume that there is an Oceanic server located in Australia/New Zealand, or did I bust a nut prematurely?

Even back when we had Oceanic servers, they weren't located in Australia/New Zealand. They were always in Texas. Timed things (sieges & PvP instances) were set at Oceanic times. That's about it.

Servers are still in Texas, so the lag hasn't changed. Both servers have their timed things at NA times, so sieges and such will truly suck for you.

Depending on if you are a PvPer or not checking to see if you can get on for siege/PvP instances is a must. With out the ability to get on during this time period it will take you years to gear up through purely open world content. 

I have taken about 3-4 month break since 6.0 released and i am still 4 pieces away due to not having the ability to get on during siege or PvP instances. This being said if you can at the very least get on and afk your luna or you want to spend money for luna using luna on weekend PvP timers instances can help you over come that gap ans shorten your gear time considerably.

If you back for PvE then you good to roll.

Archived