Too Similar?

GenericUser3777

Dear Devs,

I haven’t been able to play because of my current circumstances but I have been following some of the most fantastic and powerful players on Twitch. This may be from the perspective of someone who prefers to watch but I notice the animations that accompany the skills are identical whether you choose Elyos or Asmodian. I just thought it would bestow a little more identity if they were themed according to faction.

Sincerely.

Originally  Asmos and Elyos looked totally different. Many armor skins were exclusive to each race. The storytelling was totally different. And in fact, some skills had Asmo and Elyos versions.

But more and more the devs have gotten away from any distinguishing differences between the races. We have gotten to the point where the only real difference between Asmos and Elyos is the name.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Aly-DN said:

We have gotten to the point where the only real difference between Asmos and Elyos is the name.

Dear Aly,

I agree and notice the change as well. “A war sparked by passion is a war without end.” The forts reset, the defeated players resurrect, in less than two years new and better gear comes available. I’m more conscious than ever of the fact that I’m never going to reach the end because there isn’t one. Say I reach end game- then what? I mostly play to exercise my imagination. Aion is no mere game and the Devs shouldn’t treat it like one.

Sincerely.

Archived