So, in the news...

Bittena-DN

Have to see what the effects will be but gold farmers/bot runners out of China may about to be out of business.   Reported from various sources that is the CCP and the peoples congress are stepping down hard on access to multiplayer gaming outside of China due to the effects of the Hong Kong protests.  I first found out of this from the Youtube channel "Inside Gaming" and have found other confirmations of this reportage elsewhere rather rapidly.

Hopefully the long term effects will be to finally "mostly" shut down the worst of the activity in AIon and other MMO's.   I can hope!  SO if you suddenly see a lot less bots and gold spam give thanks to the Hong Kong protesters because the CCP has it knickers well and truly in a twist over it all and are acting rapidly to make the great firewall of china even more impenetrable with even new rules.

Access to games and MMO's outside of China has been suspended.   Undoubtedly it won't happen all at once but it will happen.    And maybe, just maybe we the players that love this game can finally get in there and start getting players BACK and getting new players interested.

Now if we could just get the Dev's in Korea  to bring back part of the old meta that we all so loved.  And maybe bring back the journey that made playing Aion so awesome back in the day instead of the gimmie to end game that seems to be what we have now.     

BIttena sends

P.S> Imma go log in after my game updates and see if the effect is all ready happening!  Sure would be nice!  

I couldn't find any recent article about it other than articles on how the communist government was to control everything (which is duh, of course they do).
As long as China has internet and not intranet (like North Korea has) they will have access to everything, either through proxies or vpns or any other means.

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I couldn't find any recent article about it other than articles on how the communist government was to control everything (which is duh, of course they do).
As long as China has internet and not intranet (like North Korea has) they will have access to everything, either through proxies or vpns or any other means.

Do a search on Google and on You Tube  Keyword phrase "China online gaming ban"    Apparently most of this went down last week.. most reports are from 4 and 5 days ago..And yea I found out about it today...getting a littler slow off the mark in my old age I am.. (egad)

I'm way behind on updates.. currently downloading a 11 gig and change patch/update for Aion.  It'll be a little bit... Thank gawd we installed fiber optic 2 months back or I'd be all day downloading via the old DSL modem!  I'll be in game in about 40 minutes tops..

Bittena Sends

P.S.  I strongly suspect that one of the first things that the government there will do is SHut down VPN access outside the country for anything other than licenced business use  (ie banking and multinationals.. little businesses like gold farming companies will like be up the creek without a paddle unless they're sponsored/operated by the PLA which is actually something the PLA really doesn't like doing.

Tbh i think this is just people memeing and it caught on. I play Ark: Survival evolved and there is no meme's about raiding the Chinese servers because no one is on defending...In-fact the Chinese tribe servers are full all the time and these servers are based in America so i highly doubt has come in to effect yet and if it has it is very selective as to what they ban access to.

I did also see a similar case where 1.5million Taiwan server players lost access to a Chinese game because the publishers refused to stop freedom of speech. Basically long story short the Taiwan players were spamming Wuhan virus/China virus in chat and the Chinese developers wanted them banned but the publishers were not going to ban their entire playerbase so they said no. Then the Chinese developers just ripped the game out+ the servers from them. 

I was reading something translated that they forcefully took all the server hardware and deleted everything to do with the game off it so all players lost their progression. While i have no idea how true this is because i only found the information about it on websites that have enough ad space to sink the titanic if it were still afloat. I do however know that the Chinese are currently not banned from games i play at the moment. I usually do not trust websites that have that much ad space but that is just me.

Just finished watching that video from the inside Gaming and it seems he talked about the Taiwan issue as well.

Archived