Yes, If you Reset 1 Server, do the other too.

Malachyte-KT

Firstly, I'm on KT and benefit from the extra resets from this constant disruption. You guys here on KT messing around with the DN people that come to the forums demanding a reset should chill. They are right, for the last 4 weeks the KT server has had to be reset due to what I'm assuming is a massive memory leak on our host/cluster. It's getting worse and worse as 4 weeks ago it would start doing it by Tuesday night where we are unable to click NPCs to teleport, use broker, stigma master, etc. Every week since then it starts happening sooner and sooner. Now it's happening on Monday mornings by noon CST. In the next couple weeks, it may start happening on Sunday nights or potentially more when the new patch content hits and takes it's toll.

Right now there is an event where you can get the best PVE gear including weapons which only a few grps can clear BE Normal Mode to get and even then the drop rate is super low as usual. To say that it's ONLY PVE and it's no big deal is not right either as come May 27th, PVP accessories change where having multiple free runs of PF Hard Mode to get your Earrings, Rings, and Belt (neck isn't obtainable yet without some kind of exploit I believe or plethora of stellium and luck to unlock plat atk and def cubics). These pieces WILL be the best for the slot come next Wednesday after another easy upgrade. So the more free runs, the better for those that can't consistently reset with Luna/Scrolls.

I certainly am mostly indifferent to DN players and don't particularly care about what goes on on that server but on this issue at least I wholeheartedly agree with their plight, if this was happening to them we all here on KT would be in an uproar.  @Hime going forward, you guys need to bounce BOTH servers in the event of ANY kind of issue where resetting one of them is warranted.  And I mean for ANY kind of issue where one of them have to be bounced. Monetarily it's unfair and disproportionate.  And from a game playing point of view, it really is a disruption and potential advantage regardless of how slight leading into the next patch. To be fair, because KT keeps getting disrupted and DN isn't getting benefited, you guys should just compensate both servers with a sovereign weapon and armor box for 1 toon. It's not our fault for the disruption and it's not their fault for them being left out either.

The reset benefits everyone and gives them a bonus advantage even if it's just PVE, that helps in Katalam and other cross-server instances where the 2 servers can compete for World Boss and other PVE content that drop PVP gear or mats. 4 weeks of resets is already an extra 20 runs of PFHM without having to spend kinah, luna, or bcm coin.

Also, the reset also allows you to re-buy the 5 PVP and PVE ancient enchantment stone boxes using Genesis Crystals as well as the Lebo Potions of Protection and gives you a free 10k shield. I buy 3 of the protections on my main and 3 on ALL my alts and put in account warehouse to give to my main which is easily over 15 more. I get about 30 a week now with the resets and people competing in Crucible Spire get another chance to practice or get into top spot to get the buff.

15 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Firstly, I'm on KT and benefit from the extra resets from this constant disruption. You guys here on KT messing around with the DN people that come to the forums demanding a reset should chill. They are right, for the last 4 weeks the KT server has had to be reset due to what I'm assuming is a massive memory leak on our host/cluster. It's getting worse and worse as 4 weeks ago it would start doing it by Tuesday night where we are unable to click NPCs to teleport, use broker, stigma master, etc. Every week since then it starts happening sooner and sooner. Now it's happening on Monday mornings by noon CST. In the next couple weeks, it may start happening on Sunday nights or potentially more when the new patch content hits and takes it's toll.

Right now there is an event where you can get the best PVE gear including weapons which only a few grps can clear BE Normal Mode to get and even then the drop rate is super low as usual. To say that it's ONLY PVE and it's no big deal is not right either as come May 27th, PVP accessories change where having multiple free runs of PF Hard Mode to get your Earrings, Rings, and Belt (neck isn't obtainable yet without some kind of exploit I believe or plethora of stellium and luck to unlock plat atk and def cubics). These pieces WILL be the best for the slot come next Wednesday after another easy upgrade. So the more free runs, the better for those that can't consistently reset with Luna/Scrolls.

I certainly am mostly indifferent to DN players and don't particularly care about what goes on on that server but on this issue at least I wholeheartedly agree with their plight, if this was happening to them we all here on KT would be in an uproar.  @Hime going forward, you guys need to bounce BOTH servers in the event of ANY kind of issue where resetting one of them is warranted.  And I mean for ANY kind of issue where one of them have to be bounced. Monetarily it's unfair and disproportionate.  And from a game playing point of view, it really is a disruption and potential advantage regardless of how slight leading into the next patch. To be fair, because KT keeps getting disrupted and DN isn't getting benefited, you guys should just compensate both servers with a sovereign weapon and armor box for 1 toon. It's not our fault for the disruption and it's not their fault for them being left out either.

The reset benefits everyone and gives them a bonus advantage even if it's just PVE, that helps in Katalam and other cross-server instances where the 2 servers can compete for World Boss and other PVE content that drop PVP gear or mats. 4 weeks of resets is already an extra 20 runs of PFHM without having to spend kinah, luna, or bcm coin.

Also, the reset also allows you to re-buy the 5 PVP and PVE ancient enchantment stone boxes using Genesis Crystals as well as the Lebo Potions of Protection and gives you a free 10k shield. I buy 3 of the protections on my main and 3 on ALL my alts and put in account warehouse to give to my main which is easily over 15 more. I get about 30 a week now with the resets and people competing in Crucible Spire get another chance to practice or get into top spot to get the buff.

I would expect people to ask to "fix KT server" so we won't have to play in this awful way. But people prefer to ask for DN to reset even though their server is not bugged.

FM is doable with risiel alts, PFHM can be reset with luna, it is not like people who can kill bosses in PFHM need the free extra runs to gear up, whoever can do it most likely already reset it a gazillion times and is already geared with the accessories.

But lets reset DN server too, they will have a stable server and free resets, while we will have to suffer an awful server instability. Every time we have to suffer (for hours at times), DN server can enjoy a stable server and free resets because people think this is how it is meant to be.

~~How about they fix our server and stop those resets.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I would expect people to ask to "fix KT server" so we won't have to play in this awful way. But people prefer to ask for DN to reset even though their server is not bugged.

FM is doable with risiel alts, PFHM can be reset with luna, it is not like people who can kill bosses in PFHM need the free extra runs to gear up, whoever can do it most likely already reset it a gazillion times and is already geared with the accessories.

But lets reset DN server too, they will have a stable server and free resets, while we will have to suffer an awful server instability. Every time we have to suffer (for hours at times), DN server can enjoy a stable server and free resets because people think this is how it is meant to be.

~~How about they fix our server and stop those resets.

That isn't the point of my post. My point is that in ANY instance going forward where 1 server has to be bounced, do the other too, regardless if they aren't experiencing the issue as  a free reset is still a free reset on instances and certain materials used in PVE and PVP. And who are we to assume what they can and can't do because even if you're like me and do all 3 bosses in PFHM and have multiples of all the accessories minus the belt (hasn't dropped for me yet) or neck, you'd still need to do the extra runs for the 20+ soul stones per piece if you want to make multiple sets which a smart man would. It's not about what they COULD do, it's about what's right and the proper way to address an issue where both server populations have to compete against one another in cross-server events and content.  Also, Luna and other reset options have a potential monetary value whether it be in-game buying reset scrolls or real monies via BCM conversion to purchase some form of Luna bundle.

Also, I've already said that it's disruptive to us here on KT to have to deal with broken content. But at least the short term bandaid has some kind of benefit. I also recommended a survey of some kind with the weapon and armor box to both servers. Why are you only looking inward?

Also, I pointed out that you also get another 5 PVP/PVE enchantment stone bundles using genesis crystals and Leibu Protection Pot that gives 10k shield on your main and all alts on the account to transfer to your main. That by itself is an advantage when enchantment stones are already not as abundant as they use to be.

Don't be selfish, this is a policy change that benefits everyone going forward, and is fair to boot.

Archived