returning player (or tried to be)

Kinks-DN

I was a long time Aion player since launch, and quit around the time 6.0 landed (hated transformation scrolls).

I reinstalled to see where things were at, and I was shocked to find how much the game changed, and not for the better.
Marketplace system was a huge shock,  (they used a model similar to BDO- no trades between players except some items listed to marketplace).
This was really interesting since the population is so low on NA it doesn't really make sense for it's intended use (to drain excess money through item listing tax, ect).
Second was the tutorials didn't really help catch the player up to speed, and Thirdly, what happened to my dps?  x_x
I played cleric and I went after a lvl 57 mob (I was lvl 80) and I hit like a shredded string of yarn.  
I also noticed outfits before turned into one time use, that previously weren't that way at all. 

I still feel like Aion has really good fun potential if they updated and shined it up (still my fav character creation by far),
but at present its like a strange frankenstein of a gacha mobile game, and the shell of what it used to be (a really fun mmorpg with pretty good pvp).

I knew the game was kinda toasted, but also knew some people still played,
what happened?

37 minutes ago, Kinks-DN said:

Thirdly, what happened to my dps?  x_x
I played cleric and I went after a lvl 57 mob (I was lvl 80) and I hit like a shredded string of yarn. 

Are you using your old gear? If so, that's why. As you are aware since you played a little in 6.0, the gear stats were completely reworked. Old 5.x gear has the wrong stats which do not do any damage. They're skins now, nothing more.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Are you using your old gear? If so, that's why. As you are aware since you played a little in 6.0, the gear stats were completely reworked. Old 5.x gear has the wrong stats which do not do any damage. They're skins now, nothing more.

I wish I could confirm- I remember doing camps for current gear back then, but then stopped playing.
Now all my armor sets are gone and replaced with just the one set that's in my inventory?

Sorry that's such poor/sparse info, but its what I've got.

Tutorials in Aion are inadequate for sure. You might have to get help understanding all the new systems. And on the topic of game systems, you should look into the Renown system and Experience Marks. Character experience is the game's main currency now and you can use them to buy your shiny new PvE gears when you reach Level 3 Renown in Inggison.

Regarding your gear, if it doesn't say Ancient/Legendary/Ultimate in its name then it is old gear and should be replaced asap. Getting Risiel gear from the quest given by the NPC Risiel is a good start.

Archived