Aion install/Update error (cannot download file)

VashTheStampede-DN

https://imgur.com/a/eYMQu

I am getting an error when I install aion. [Update Error] CAnnot download file    Here is a link to the picture

I reinstalled windows with the 1709 Creative update Windows 10 and got this issue while redownloading aion. I have uninstalled and deleted all aion files and reinstalled and the problem persists. I have also formatted my computer AND reinstalled the 1703 version of windows with all updates, and I get the exact same error on a fresh install of windows.   A file repair and reinstall does not fix the issue.

So TLDR.... fresh installed creator update for windows 10 and could not download aion due to this error.... Reinstalled previous version of windows 10 and get the exact same error. All drivers are updated including video card drivers. File repair does not work.

5 hours ago, VashTheStampede-DN said:

https://imgur.com/a/eYMQu

I am getting an error when I install aion. [Update Error] CAnnot download file    Here is a link to the picture

I reinstalled windows with the 1709 Creative update Windows 10 and got this issue while redownloading aion. I have uninstalled and deleted all aion files and reinstalled and the problem persists. I have also formatted my computer AND reinstalled the 1703 version of windows with all updates, and I get the exact same error on a fresh install of windows.   A file repair and reinstall does not fix the issue.

So TLDR.... fresh installed creator update for windows 10 and could not download aion due to this error.... Reinstalled previous version of windows 10 and get the exact same error. All drivers are updated including video card drivers. File repair does not work.

7 minutes ago, 1s185FD1-KT said:

Happening the same ... but, sometimes it works, download a GB or so and the error ... close it, open it again, and eventually it works, continue downloading, and then crash... So, i'm starting to think that we are not the issue ... the server where the files are is .. ¬¬

It is NCsoft's problem. lol I have a potential workaround in the thread I linked above.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It is NCsoft's problem. lol I have a potential workaround in the thread I linked above.

Wierd thing ... i just disabled the Hamachi Network card ... and suddingly is downloading ... ¬¬, basically i disabled all the other network card and leave only the Primary one, and so far ... is downloading! O.o

/done.  This game is just too old now.  After hours of fighting DNS, uninstalling and re-starting restarting this over and over, its just not worth it.  I guess this is why they went free-to-play.  Finally got into the character creator only to be stopped by a PIN that I made 8 years ago and no automated way to reset it, had to submit a ticket for an unknown response time.  

just... no.  I have better things to do.  We all do.  Ciao Aion, I've lost hope.

Archived