Membership and armies of bots

Guest A npc from Eltnen

Guest A npc from Eltnen

(First I apologize for my English, it’s not my native language , What you are going to read below is not to offend or start a dispute is just a point of view and why I think I might fail aion classic.)

I still don’t understand why some people defend the subscription system per month, No offense to anyone, it seems that many citizens think that the United States is just the whole planet and I say this because $15 a month for someone who lives in the US:It’s nothing, but look at it by someone who’s not from there, and we’re talking about an online game where people from all over the world are gonna come in, close you with a membership system that only some people can afford is going to kill the game and don’t come up with the '' wow '' excuse both in quality and in content is far inferior even in translations because you have many languages that game, If we talk about the anti bot system, it’s not well defined, you think, 1h is enough to stop the bots?  You’ll have an army of bots every day, and in a few months broken game economy.
Why not give a maximum kinah gain limit on the account, and block account creations or put a very strict system to avoid farmers with a thousand account full of bots.
I say as an example the game could sell for $40 and have a store only with cosmetics and other things  .
And a limited system of kinah per account + a strict system of account creation and with this you avoid the bots and also give the opportunity to other players from other countries to enjoy the whole game experience.
Ncsoft has it very difficult, with what it has done, I say it because new games are about to arrive and maintaining the population is going to be difficult in the coming months, but we talk about a game of 2009, with a graphics engine very outdated for current PCs, against the new guys, good luck.

This is by no means a global release, if it were, there would have been servers in others regions too. Nobody gives a damn that your country can't afford US prices, you should ask for servers in your region instead of asking for F2P BS. The game will definitely be populated enough just by the NA and the western EU players.

It is a global SERVICE, not a release, meaning they're offering you a service that's based in NA, and therefore, payments will be done based of their location, which is United States. $15 a month is more than fair.

Buy 2 play games tend to have p2w creep in earlier. Look at Astellia, Bless online and so many other titles and how they ended up being like.

33 minutes ago, Guest A npc from Eltnen said:

(First I apologize for my English, it’s not my native language , What you are going to read below is not to offend or start a dispute is just a point of view and why I think I might fail aion classic.)

I still don’t understand why some people defend the subscription system per month, No offense to anyone, it seems that many citizens think that the United States is just the whole planet and I say this because $15 a month for someone who lives in the US:It’s nothing, but look at it by someone who’s not from there, and we’re talking about an online game where people from all over the world are gonna come in, close you with a membership system that only some people can afford is going to kill the game and don’t come up with the '' wow '' excuse both in quality and in content is far inferior even in translations because you have many languages that game, If we talk about the anti bot system, it’s not well defined, you think, 1h is enough to stop the bots?  You’ll have an army of bots every day, and in a few months broken game economy.
Why not give a maximum kinah gain limit on the account, and block account creations or put a very strict system to avoid farmers with a thousand account full of bots.
I say as an example the game could sell for $40 and have a store only with cosmetics and other things  .
And a limited system of kinah per account + a strict system of account creation and with this you avoid the bots and also give the opportunity to other players from other countries to enjoy the whole game experience.
Ncsoft has it very difficult, with what it has done, I say it because new games are about to arrive and maintaining the population is going to be difficult in the coming months, but we talk about a game of 2009, with a graphics engine very outdated for current PCs, against the new guys, good luck.

Hello!  Allow me to address this point by point. 

If 15$ USD is too much for you because of your countries social/political/economic suffering, it sounds like paying for a subscription based game really isn't financially responsible for you.  I am unsure why you would complain about a corporate publisher of games trying to release a product - a product that costs them money to host, manage, improve, etc - and charge for it.  Moreover, there is no shortage of free private servers, and the retail client is perfectly playable without paying for it either.  Why is this one product your complaint?

Introducing a subscription service is not solely, 'to deter bots', though it is a convenient side effect.  Typically speaking, publishers select between a robust cash shop / pay2win method, or a subscription based method.  Let's ignore for a moment how often they blend the two.  Selecting the subscription based method is their right, first and foremost, and I for one prefer it.  Subscription based MMO's weed out undesireables, people who are fickle, just joining to troll, people making multiple accounts, it lowers bots, and overall just makes the playerbase a stronger one.  This is all good stuff, and I support it.  While I wish the fee was a tad less myself, I'm no less in support of the structure itself.  And anyone who actually cares about the long-term health of the game should also be in support of it.

If you've come here to complain that this is too much for you, and that you don't think the cost of this service will be worth the value you get out of it, I'm not sure why you're complaining.  Find another product.  Find another solution.  NC is under no obligation to start giving special treatment to people based on economic climate, country, or any other barriers.  

They've clearly deemed that, with their projected playerbase, the cost of 15$ USD a month will be sufficient for them to cover their costs, make improvements, keep systems online, and make profit.  We can sit here and argue about how much profit they're making and if they can lower that ceiling, that's a separate conversation.  But they've nonetheless made this determination.  You think it's cheaper for them to provide a service to you in another country?   No?  Then why would you pay less?  It costs them just as much to provide you access to this game from Uganda as it does America, and so you pay the same rate across the board.  If different countries got it cheaper, everyone would be on a VPN changing their location to pay less.  This makes no sense.

Guest Starring

imo, 15 usd is not much lol considering the USD is the global money that its being used for almost every international transaction, so i see no problem with that

3 hours ago, 1s223B2E said:

This is by no means a global release, if it were, there would have been servers in others regions too. Nobody gives a damn that your country can't afford US prices, you should ask for servers in your region instead of asking for F2P BS. The game will definitely be populated enough just by the NA and the western EU players.

It is.

The initial release of Aion Classic was for Korea, that's it, your IP address was checked to see if you were coming from Korea, if not bye bye.

To top it off, they also sent a confirmation code to your mobile phone, which had to be a Korean number.

The NA servers will have no such IP restriction, with the exception of countries restricted by US law. You can even play from Tasmainia, you can't get much more global than that :)

13 hours ago, Alvie said:

It is.

The initial release of Aion Classic was for Korea, that's it, your IP address was checked to see if you were coming from Korea, if not bye bye.

To top it off, they also sent a confirmation code to your mobile phone, which had to be a Korean number.

The NA servers will have no such IP restriction, with the exception of countries restricted by US law. You can even play from Tasmainia, you can't get much more global than that :)

Just because you can, it doesn't mean it's a global release. You have to pay a first world country's price for the monthly which in most countries the sub is worth like a tenth of the monthly income. Not to mention the latency differences..

Also if this is a global release, why does JP get their own server?

Guest Wrath

People don’t get it, specially people from my country, Brazil. NC determined this price so people can still find it too expensive and keep playing the retail version. Is indeed very expensive for us, it’s like for an American it was $75/m, very few will come for sure.

They know WoW is half the price, gw2 is one time buy, that a lot other mmos are coming this summer/fall... if u enjoy classic, pay for it or play for 1h to satisfy your nostalgic, or go play something else.

18 hours ago, Guest A npc from Eltnen said:

NA release!!! Can't afford it don't buy it!

Remove free hour and make it $20 a month!!!

18 minutes ago, Coheed said:

NA release!!! Can't afford it don't buy it!

Remove free hour and make it $20 a month!!!

Lol I don't know about raising the price further, I'm already paying in CAD so I don't wanna see it bump further. :P
But this statement is otherwise 100% true.

9 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Lol I don't know about raising the price further, I'm already paying in CAD so I don't wanna see it bump further. :P
But this statement is otherwise 100% true.

heh ;) 

*paying in CAD as well* 

Guest Holika

I'm willing to play to twink  to lvl 40 and pvp non stop. Lol.

I don't mind the fees. BUT I have high expectations. If I'm playing the 2009 version and not a 2020-2021 aion classic there will be hell to pay. 😐 I also don't mind upgrading to 2.5 AoB. 

Guest Wootage
19 hours ago, Alvie said:

It is.

You could pass checks with US phone number too but initial check to change it to US phone number had to be done with Korean phone #

Archived