The EZ way to trim back the bots and the RMT's

Bittena-DN

Some folks gonna hate this but the simple way to cut em down to size rapidly is strait up get rid of the 1 hour of play per day without a sub...  No Sub, No Play.  And you black list Email account and CC's that get nuked.

it's about 100 Yuan to sub per month..  If you bot.. your gone... if you advert RMT sites.. your gone..  And that mean your out $15 (just under 100 Yuan) for every account nuked.  

Toss in a needed CC  (even a pre paid) you only get to use it once..  and gift card tend to roll in values of $10, $25, $50, $100, $200.

If it cost $15 per account just to make an advert bot.. that can get expensive fast!.. RMT's do what they do to make money not spend it.

Bittena Sends

(I'm certain there are !00 Yuan cards..but those still will be needed to be converted to US funds)

4 hours ago, Bittena-DN said:

Some folks gonna hate this but the simple way to cut em down to size rapidly is strait up get rid of the 1 hour of play per day without a sub...  No Sub, No Play.  And you black list Email account and CC's that get nuked.

it's about 100 Yuan to sub per month..  If you bot.. your gone... if you advert RMT sites.. your gone..  And that mean your out $15 (just under 100 Yuan) for every account nuked.  

Toss in a needed CC  (even a pre paid) you only get to use it once..  and gift card tend to roll in values of $10, $25, $50, $100, $200.

If it cost $15 per account just to make an advert bot.. that can get expensive fast!.. RMT's do what they do to make money not spend it.

Bittena Sends

(I'm certain there are !00 Yuan cards..but those still will be needed to be converted to US funds)

That will never work. There was no free play back in 2009 whatsoever,  the RMT spammers and bots were all over the place. They had no trouble covering their subscriptions with the profits. The best suggestion I have seen so far is to increase the level at which you can chat in LFG  from 5 to 20.

Then NCsoft, who according to Wikipedia, have 3,100 staff, can assign a couple of hundred workers to RMT and bot banning duties.

Guest Cambria

Unfortunately with the time it takes to get to level 20 for some players and the fact that you need LFG for 15 to 20 campaign quests, that isn't a viable option.

It's easy to see the bots' patterns. They do things in a certain way if you watch them.

If you have Geforce Experience, recording them is pretty easy. Then what I do is upload to YouTube and make a support ticket.

4 hours ago, Alvie said:

Then NCsoft, who according to Wikipedia, have 3,100 staff, can assign a couple of hundred workers to RMT and bot banning duties.

And pay them with what? Candies? Because Aion Classic has between 3 to 7k players logged in at once ( and this is with the free week of P2P ). With that "many" online at once, I believe Aion ( as of now with P2P free week still going ), has a max of 50k players in total. By tomorrow, when P2P free week ends this will go down to ..30-40k. 

Now depends how many Whales they have, but it will still not be enough to pay "hundred of workers" ... with Candies! :) 

Archived