AION Classic and its Future.

Mijuzdetia

Dear NCSoft,

Please do not cave in to the cry babies that are saying the game needs to be free 2 play. This full free 2 play model is what turned your previous Aion into a failed business model, where most of the population had stopped playing. Keep crafting relevant, keep the game stories, quests, hardships, rifts, levels, relevant. The moment this game drops the p2p most people will quit again and the remainder will hope for a few elitist p2winners to support the server for them, that and I wanted to propose a few improvements.

Improvements list:  

- Quest Cube should be a must, especially since there are so many quests this patch.

-Kinah Limit.

// While this is a great feature to prevent bots from making more than a certain amount a day, it ultimately hurts the players. I propose that it gets better regulated in as much as having the kinah limit to 10,000,000 kinah for characters 40 +.  I am paying a subscription and the Daeva Pass and I find myself having 2-3 million worth of white items in my inventory that I can not sell to the  NPC's because I have reached my kinah limit.

-In-game chat.

//  It would be really helpful to have  time-stamps on whispers and chats in brackets [  08 : 00 AM EST ] to be able to know when we were messaged last.

-Events and in-game Item skins

// This is honestly what is going to save the game.  Being such a beautiful, artistic MMORPG, Aion has always done well in the item appearance and dyes department.  We should have weekly or bi-weekly art contests to see what beautiful skins people consider would be something cool to have added as a skin in the game.   Rich engaging events without a pay 2 win aspect, attract more players.  Ultimately a P2P model is what ends up being the most successful and keeps a strong community.

The bots & In-Game GM's.

// The bots need to be banned. At this moment there are entire legions of bots running around as 6-man group and botting all day.  This needs to stop. Can we have an active GM on duty  to come and view these players? Active policing will help get rid of them fairly quickly.  It's not hard, to detect them either. They literally move in exact x,y,z coordinates, running at the same pace, hunting the same mobs in the same order. Couple of hours a day for a GM to be active in each server/faction to be called to view these bots then ban them would strongly deter them from coming back.  Instead of NCsoft coming up with a "list" of who they think is botting and end-up banning players that are dual boxing or actually playing the game.

There seems to be a single mod for the forums and probably few more guys managing the servers. Support is most likely same as for regular Aion. There was very little  development, as all the game files have been made long ago.

Not going into all the arguing about the launch and business choices, yet at least you can tell NCsoft clearly is in dire need of money, so any QoL improvements or additional GM's might be a bit too much to ask at this point.

Yeah, I figured as much.  However, in order for a business to succeed and make you money, you need to put some form of investment into it. You cannot just simply launch a game then let it just "be" and hope it turns out okay and makes you some money. This is not "rocket-science" development. Skins are not that hard to implement in aion.

21 minutes ago, Mijuzdetia said:

Yeah, I figured as much.  However, in order for a business to succeed and make you money, you need to put some form of investment into it. You cannot just simply launch a game then let it just "be" and hope it turns out okay and makes you some money. This is not "rocket-science" development. Skins are not that hard to implement in aion.

The irony being that this is posted during a maintenance where they're installing a chat filter to, presumably, combat gold spammers, fresh off a weekend of GM buffs?  I spent a lot of my time yesterday getting a character into the abyss.  I was distracted enough with PvP, I didn't need some kind of event adding more distraction.  You see, while an event is supposed to garner interest, the interest should be at a pretty high level, for those actually playing, and not sitting in a hub complaining.

Well, they do not need to "add new features" for events. Back from this updates there were  Halloween Events + skins, Christmas Events + skins, Easter Events + skins and New Years Events.  So They should definitely bring those back to give us the full Classic experience. Also why are events a distraction? They are just fun little activites to start your day with in-game. :)

2 minutes ago, Mijuzdetia said:

Well, they do not need to "add new features" for events. Back from this updates there were  Halloween Events + skins, Christmas Events + skins, Easter Events + skins and New Years Events.  So They should definitely bring those back to give us the full Classic experience. Also why are events a distraction? They are just fun little activites to start your day with in-game. :)

Who's to say they won't?  I'm not sure where you're at, but none of those holidays are in a range where it would have to added today.

1 hour ago, Mijuzdetia said:

Yeah  I did not meant that they need to be added right now this moment. I meant on those dates. Nonetheless I would really appreciate a timer on chats, active GM, and ok monthly  skins.  instead of weekly 

I don't see why skins should be monthly or weekly. Why have them on rotation at all? If they goal is to make money,  putting skins on a rotation is shooting themselves in the foot. A person who misses the rotation is more like to just buy the skins for kinah when they are inevitably sold on the broker rather than waiting for them to return. Take a page out of the Russian Publisher's book for retail Aion. Have every available skin for sale on the market at all times for non-insane prices and people will buy them year round.

No, I don't think you understood me, or maybe I didn't make myself understood well enough. I meant that's how often some unique skin should be added, not that once added it disappears and only the people who were there can have it. It should be available at all times once added in the game. :) 

Archived