aionHUD - simple addon for usefull data statistics.

Sleeparrow

Hello everyone,

I made simple addon for self that gives usefull statistics like XP/AP per hour, gain overtime, time to level up, time to rank up, how much XP and AP lost during death (also in PVP). I decided to share it with other users for free. Currently app is written in C# and use game memmory data reading, i can share source code for anyone interested.  I asked support if this kind of program can be considered as not allowed and according to their response, that kind of addon is accepted. HUD only read two game parameters: current XP and AP and based on their change calculate all statistics.  Aion is old game but still very playable and i want to make this experience more user friendly. What you think about it? Do you have any improvement ideas? 

I created aionHUD page to show more details.

Whoah awesome programming! It must of taken quite the effort! I love it. 😃 Memory reading does sound kinda scary for me personally though.

Only suggestion I have is maybe look into packet reading with something like SharpPcap in the future.

Thanks for sharing your app!

On 7/16/2021 at 11:07 PM, Aiden said:

Whoah awesome programming! It must of taken quite the effort! I love it. 😃 Memory reading does sound kinda scary for me personally though.

Only suggestion I have is maybe look into packet reading with something like SharpPcap in the future.

Thanks for sharing your app!

I understand this can be scary, but using packet reading can be also dangerous for untrusted program, thats why i decided to make app source code public, you can find it here: GitHUB/aionHUD.

I am also working on more interesting things not harmfull for game but usefull, just few minutes ago i released new version working with yesterday game update with new feature: item broker and npc prices on hover.  Broker prices will be updated everyday, intention to create this tool is to get simple answer during farming on question: "should i keep the item, throw it away, sell in broker or to npc?". I am still working on updating database so it make take one or two days to get all items there (if item is not in database, popup on hover will not show up).

this is great as soon as we get official answer that we can use it , im going to download it.
would be nice if aion allowed modding like wow does so we could have custom UI and all the other cool add ons that they have

Just now, Wootage said:

this is great as soon as we get official answer that we can use it , im going to download it.
would be nice if aion allowed modding like wow does so we could have custom UI and all the other cool add ons that they have

Would be great if Aion have somekind of API like wow for users to create addons, for now you can only use direct methods that can be  unsafe if in wrong hands, or you can try to read data from chat like rainmeter, but this is unaccurate and you don't have information like minus AP or item ID when mouse on it. I hope that @Kibbelz will look into this topic and confirm support words :) 

• 1 month later...

I decided to shutdown this project due to low interest i guess related to no reply from support team if they will ban for using this tool... There are many working cheats on Aion Classic due to unprotected game memory so i wanted to create something good and not against rules, but it looks like this classic release is to suck money from people memories of very good mmo game... There are private servers developed much better with anticheats, thats sad.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:18 AM, Sleeparrow said:

I understand this can be scary, but using packet reading can be also dangerous for untrusted program, thats why i decided to make app source code public, you can find it here: GitHUB/aionHUD.

I am also working on more interesting things not harmfull for game but usefull, just few minutes ago i released new version working with yesterday game update with new feature: item broker and npc prices on hover.  Broker prices will be updated everyday, intention to create this tool is to get simple answer during farming on question: "should i keep the item, throw it away, sell in broker or to npc?". I am still working on updating database so it make take one or two days to get all items there (if item is not in database, popup on hover will not show up).

can you post some screenshots on how it works?

i think My Aion DPS Meter can cover some of these functions, no? (kinda lost tbh)

Archived