Jump to content
Forums

Lower sub cost.


Recommended Posts

The game should have a sub and I can agree to that but with a 13 year old game the subscription cost is too high. With it being $15 a month you're pitting yourself against games like FF14 and WoW, WoW slowly dying but that's beside the point. FF14 also has a $12 a month option for a sub if you just want a single character. This game has had no graphical refreshes, bringing it back to 2.0 is great (I started playing day 1 and still have the tin case with cd's) This brings back a lot of nostalgia, but that's honestly where it ends since there was little in the way of content back then.

Siels Aura is my biggest gripe and messing up the game in two ways for F2P players. (No I'm not complaining because I can't afford it.)

1.) The sub cost for the game I believe is too high I could see $10 a month but $15 is a stretch as I said before pits this game against MMO titans atm and will limit the income of new players looking for a game to play when they'll be thinking "Well if I'm gonna pay $15 a month I'll go back to WoW or FF14." Whatever their game of choice was. You're best bet is lowering the price and making it the cheaper option to other MMOs while providing a robust cash shop that stays more to cosmetics etc.

2.) Without the Aura you literally can't complete some quests because you can only accept junk items. I would move this to being able to accept green or below quality items as to keep players playing without driving them away. You want to keep people engaged in the game not allow them to play for an hour a day and force them off.

3.) Daeva pass costing $30 (From what I've heard I haven't looked into it since it's out of season atm) should be reduced to $15-$20 making the whole package cost around $30 for both. You'd probably see more sales for the packages this way.

 

This is just my two cents on the subject and my personal suggestion, feel free to comment as you wish but I'd like to see this game thrive again and be reborn not remain stagnant and kill itself off. Retail Aion is a barren wasteland, with hardly anyone playing, such a great game has been mishandled for so long and if you don't want to put the time and effort into rebirthing the game NC then sell it off to someone who will. As little people as this game has minus a select few whalers out this I doubt this game is making you much after the associated costs are taken out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All good ideas as you pointed out retail is dead.Therein lies the problem ncsoft have had over 12 years too repair that version but insist on repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

The company and those in charge simply dont want to invest any money or time into fixing a lot of issues players have,If you read every game board thread, reddit  all the reviews are terrible,yet the company simply doesnt care.Instead of having a thriving game they seem content to rely solely on a few whales.

Yesterday for me was a great example 2 hours in Que for a quick entry dredge and over a hour for Tiki no thriving game has que times like this.

The interaction and support from ncwest staff is shockingly lacking they are not that visible on forums,6 months ago before i qui for a while i personal messaged kibblez and they didnt even have the time or consideration too reply.If i send a question/complaint in  a game like WOW you are always answered that is the type of community alienation that happens with Aion.

This game is Tanking hard its only the dieghrd geared 50s left no new player is going to last long when they see the gear gaps they face in pvp and pve and the Daeva pass is way overpriced and they still refuse to make the items account bound and sellable another sore point.

All these suggestions not one has even seen a CM or GM just pop into to say they have even read the thread really says it all.They might not implement any of the suggestions but to not even just say theve seen it is the most frustrating aspect of this companys community interactions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The high sub price is the main killer of the game, I was surprised at the $15US/mth. subscription price when Aion Classic was launched, I was expecting it to be more like $5mth. because most of the game development had already been done and paid for, TIAK is about the only new content.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It is 15$ per month, aka 0,50$ per day, if you get the 90 days it is 0,47$ per day.

If you think that is too much then you live in a country much poorer than mine and I feel sorry for your country's economic status, because I live in an economic 3rd world sh*thole yet I could pay that.

Nobody left the game because of the 15$ subscription, they left for the rest of the hundreds and thousands of $ people could pay to win in addition to bugs.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 4:46 AM, Arhangelos said:

It is 15$ per month, aka 0,50$ per day, if you get the 90 days it is 0,47$ per day.

If you think that is too much then you live in a country much poorer than mine and I feel sorry for your country's economic status, because I live in an economic 3rd world sh*thole yet I could pay that.

Nobody left the game because of the 15$ subscription, they left for the rest of the hundreds and thousands of $ people could pay to win in addition to bugs.

You obviously don't understand the concept of perceived value.

Too many people do not think the game is worth US$15/mth. it's not a matter of being able of affording it or not.

There are many other games with more effort put into supporting and developing them that are $15/mth. or less.

 

Edited by Cyfur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cyfur said:

You obviously don't understand the concept of perceived value.

Too many people do not think the game is worth US$15/mth. it's not a matter of being able of affording it or not.

There are many other games with more effort put into supporting and developing them that are $15/mth. or less.

But your "perceived value" is not the default or the universal one for me to understand. I have covered the quality of aion classic and why it is empty in my last sentence.

Someone thinks that 15$ is too much and someone pays an additional 50$ for the pass and another one pays 1000$ on top of that on BCM for goodies, their perceived value is higher than yours.

You are telling me there is another game out there that is 15$ per month and it is amazing, but if Aion Classic (which sucks) was 5$ per month you would play Aion Classic over the other game because the money per quality would be "justified" and it would somehow now be competitive?

If you can afford 15$ month you choose the good game, you do not go in a game you do not like and ask them to lower it to be justified.

If anyone still plays Classic 1 year later then 15$ is justifiable. The money itself being lowered won't make the game better, it will be an awful game just cheaper. If you are there for nostalgia then you can log for free. Nostalgia doesn't require drops.

~~

Most people's perceived value of classic is that it is so awful that even if it was 100% free it would still suck and people would still quit it.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, it's the principle. Many people are mad at the state of the game and so they don't perceive it as worth the 15 even if they can easily afford it. If it were cheaper they may be more happy to tolerate many of the issues and in time become more invested.. sometimes to the point of spending more money on the BCM. There are many potential returners, people who would happily be playing for nostalgia and etc that have a sour taste in their mouth that can be easily negated by lowering the sub price. No other game really need to be factored in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Easycrow said:

I mean, it's the principle. Many people are mad at the state of the game and so they don't perceive it as worth the 15 even if they can easily afford it. If it were cheaper they may be more happy to tolerate many of the issues and in time become more invested.. sometimes to the point of spending more money on the BCM. There are many potential returners, people who would happily be playing for nostalgia and etc that have a sour taste in their mouth that can be easily negated by lowering the sub price. No other game really need to be factored in.

This will indeed happen if it becomes 100% f2p, because you really have nothing to lose which is the case in retail (plus we can buy prestige with kinah from broker).

If it becomes 5$/month I do not see the people who quit it coming back, because that means their problem was mostly the price and not the awfulness of the game, if anyone plays an awful game for 5$ I do not know what to make out of it. And this is because 15$/month is a pretty standard for subscription based games.

(...inb4 another person would come and make a post on how 5$ per month is not justifiable at the state of the game.)

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sub price is just the standard MMO subscription cost, so I really didn't/don't see an issue with that. The biggest problem is the cost of the Daeva Pass and the cash shop items. Just about everything cash shop related is overpriced af. The Daeva Pass costs as much as two monthly subs and that's without paying to unlock the levels. It really shouldn't be so outrageously priced. Sure there are people who can throw money at it but there's also a large majority who can't/don't want to.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, Arhangelos said:

This will indeed happen if it becomes 100% f2p, because you really have nothing to lose which is the case in retail (plus we can buy prestige with kinah from broker).

If it becomes 5$/month I do not see the people who quit it coming back, because that means their problem was mostly the price and not the awfulness of the game, if anyone plays an awful game for 5$ I do not know what to make out of it. And this is because 15$/month is a pretty standard for subscription based games.

(...inb4 another person would come and make a post on how 5$ per month is not justifiable at the state of the game.)

I would 100% sub if it was $5. I love Aion, but i'll only have one $15 sub at a time and I love WoW more. But if it $5, I'd probably have both as I'm not the only one who plays mmo's in my house. My kids would prob love to get into Aion... but I can't see paying $15 per mount for this old unpolished terd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 7:35 AM, Wanheada-KT said:

I would 100% sub if it was $5. I love Aion, but i'll only have one $15 sub at a time and I love WoW more. But if it $5, I'd probably have both as I'm not the only one who plays mmo's in my house. My kids would prob love to get into Aion... but I can't see paying $15 per mount for this old unpolished terd. 

Of course some people might say "this game sucks but I'll give 5$ per month just so I can log here and there and enjoy it a little more than just the locked f2p version".

But it won't revive the game. The amount of people that left, left it because it is an awful game. If they make the price 1/3 of what it is then they need at least to triple the population for this to profit them, and it defo won't bring back that number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...