Emergency Server Maintenance - August 24, 2022 [Aion]

Roseae

• Aion Team

Hello everyone.

The team would like to share that an emergency maintenance will soon take place, at approximately 3:30 PM PT / 5:30 PM CT, and will last for approximately - minutes.

The following items will be addressed during this maintenance:

• [Hungry Hatchling] Issue with upgrading Stormwing Pet doesn't give the quests for rewards

UPDATE: https://twitter.com/AionOps/status/1562544283973869568

[8/24 3:45PM PT] Due to an issue while fixing the Hatchling Quests, all tokens and orbs were removed. BCM limits have been reset, so please purchase a "Newly-Hatched Stormwing Orb" from the BCM and claim your daily "Storm Tokens". Items cannot be transferred so please claim them on your preferred character.

To help make up any lost progress, we've attached 10 [Event] Storm Token and 5 [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star Bundles via survey. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Thank you all so much for your reports around this issue. We appreciate your patience, feedback, and kindness as we continue to address items as they arise.

4 hours ago, Roseae said:

Hello everyone.

The team would like to share that an emergency maintenance will soon take place, at approximately 3:30 PM PT / 5:30 PM CT, and will last for approximately 90 minutes.

The following items will be addressed during this maintenance:

• [Hungry Hatchling] Issue with upgrading Stormwing Pet doesn't give the quests for rewards

UPDATE: https://twitter.com/AionOps/status/1562544283973869568

[8/24 3:45PM PT] Due to an issue while fixing the Hatchling Quests, all tokens and orbs were removed. BCM limits have been reset, so please purchase a "Newly-Hatched Stormwing Orb" from the BCM and claim your daily "Storm Tokens". Items cannot be transferred so please claim them on your preferred character.

To help make up any lost progress, we've attached 10 [Event] Storm Token and 5 [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star Bundles via survey. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Thank you all so much for your reports around this issue. We appreciate your patience, feedback, and kindness as we continue to address items as they arise.

those who combined their minion for the promotion event will have no problem for maintenance?

31 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

I DID NOT RECEIVE A SURVEY!!!!

The survey was set to expire the same day, which made it available for only around 7-8 hours, on a weekday, and after midnight for most people expiring in the morning, so not only they missed the survey, but they missed an entire day of progress by getting their egg deleted and coming home after work on the next day after reset.

Its just one mess up after another with these guys. And IF i say the "competence and lack there of" qualification i will probably get suspended for some vague insult rule, so moderator, im not say it.

P.S. Posted on the wrong thread. :D

Just now, Basteth-KT said:

The survey was set to expire the same day, which made it available for only around 7-8 hours, on a weekday, and after midnight for most people expiring in the morning, so not only they missed the survey, but they missed an entire day of progress by getting their egg deleted and coming home after work on the next day after reset.

Its just one mess up after another with these guys. And IF i say the "competence and lack there of" qualification i will probably get suspended for some vague insult rule, so moderator, im not say it.

P.S. Posted on the wrong thread. :D

lol already replied to this lol! ;)

• Aion Team

Hi folks - 

Sorry for any confusion. The Survey is no longer active. If you lost your progress after the emergency maintenance  and did not have the opportunity to take the Survey, please submit a Support Ticket here:

Aion Support

After we verify that you have NOT received compensation already via the Survey, you will be awarded [10 x Storm Tokens & 5 [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star Bundles].

Thanks much,

-EMpulse

@EMPulse

Just to clarify , did you not read what Basteth said ?

people who are eligible for compensation and missed the survey, having the survey compensation isn’t going to help them .

10 stormwing survey tokens is as good as not giving any as your need the missing 5 from BCM which resets when the survey was expired which I think it was 00:00am server time . That’s when the BCM 5 token purchase limit resets too.

the compensation survey should be 10 tokens for those who’d done all lugbug and lost progress , also an additional of 5 stormwing tokens for those who didn’t get to buy from the time after emergency maintenance was brought up till 00:00am.

15 tokens should be the compensation amount .

Hell, even IF, a big IF, players get additional 5 or even 10 tokens , they aren’t going to be ahead and get extra reward. Read upon how the leveling up of stormwing egg works. 

giving 10 tokens is a short to many players who got messed up by the emergency maintenance that took their progress and 5 bcm token purchase away especially if they didn’t make it online in time for the survey AND the re-purchase of 5 tokens before 00:00 reset. They’re missing out a total of 15 tokens.

Giving 10 tokens aren’t going to help anyone at all. People still going to set behind by one day, their first day progression are wasted. Giving survey compensation manually of 10 tokens are just a waste of the management team’s time and effort and also not fixing any problems to the players .

In short, survey should be 15 tokens . With 15 tokens, people are just about to get back on the right track.

players who weren’t able to purchase the first 5 Bcm stormwing token for the day 24th should be compensated 5 stormwing token .

On 8/26/2022 at 1:26 AM, EMPulse said:

Hi folks - 

Sorry for any confusion. The Survey is no longer active. If you lost your progress after the emergency maintenance  and did not have the opportunity to take the Survey, please submit a Support Ticket here:

Aion Support

After we verify that you have NOT received compensation already via the Survey, you will be awarded [10 x Storm Tokens & 5 [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star Bundles].

Thanks much,

-EMpulse

Why isn't the survey a week long? I didn't get it because I wasn't logged at that time! When you did an emergency maintenance it took you THREE hours to get the server back. It was already past midnight for me and I went to sleep, when I woke up the survey you were supposed to hand people had already expired!

And the amount of tokens we lost were 15, 5 from BCM + 10 from lugbug daily!

There were people who didn't log early to do their lugbug daily, so when the server was up they got 10 from lugbug, 5 from BCM and 10 from survey.

I lost it all because I did the mistake to log in after maintenance and play the game as you designed it.

Edited by Arhangelos

On 8/26/2022 at 1:47 AM, Solova said:

@EMPulse

Just to clarify , did you not read what Basteth said ?

people who are eligible for compensation and missed the survey, having the survey compensation isn’t going to help them .

10 stormwing survey tokens is as good as not giving any as your need the missing 5 from BCM which resets when the survey was expired which I think it was 00:00am server time . That’s when the BCM 5 token purchase limit resets too.

the compensation survey should be 10 tokens for those who’d done all lugbug and lost progress , also an additional of 5 stormwing tokens for those who didn’t get to buy from the time after emergency maintenance was brought up till 00:00am.

15 tokens should be the compensation amount .

Hell, even IF, a big IF, players get additional 5 or even 10 tokens , they aren’t going to be ahead and get extra reward. Read upon how the leveling up of stormwing egg works. 

giving 10 tokens is a short to many players who got messed up by the emergency maintenance that took their progress and 5 bcm token purchase away especially if they didn’t make it online in time for the survey AND the re-purchase of 5 tokens before 00:00 reset. They’re missing out a total of 15 tokens.

Giving 10 tokens aren’t going to help anyone at all. People still going to set behind by one day, their first day progression are wasted. Giving survey compensation manually of 10 tokens are just a waste of the management team’s time and effort and also not fixing any problems to the players .

In short, survey should be 15 tokens . With 15 tokens, people are just about to get back on the right track.

players who weren’t able to purchase the first 5 Bcm stormwing token for the day 24th should be compensated 5 stormwing token .

Why do you write that BCM reset is at 00.00? What time do you mean? I know, on CT the BCM reset happens at 6 PM. I know it exactly, and I often take event items before and after this time. I would prefer it to coincide with the genral reset at 9:00 AM CT, cause having 2 different reset times in the day complicates the game and put additional load on our minds.

The survey distribution was a mess!  The 5 tokens I purchased between 2 maintenances were deleted, OK,  but I received the survey.  The compensation was  relating to the BCM reset (5 tokens), + Berdin stars for we missed several hours of the game time.  5 tokens  were related to those who made Lugbug quests and got 5 tokens for them that were deleted. But then: why did they set the end of distribution of the survey to 00.00 Aug 25, or 12PM CT Aug 24? This time is not asociated with any reset! The reset of Lugbug quests occurs at 9 AM CT every day. The reset of BCM occurs on 6PM CT. They had to spread the survey until at least Aug 25 9 AM CT! 

Taking that the normal maintenance  lasted 2-3 hours longer than usually, and then the  unscheduled 2nd maintenance took several hours, very few players, or accounts, were able to log in and do everything in the game during that short interval after the 2nd maintenance to the midnight between Aug 24 and Aug 25. To me, it was like 2 hours.  To my other accounts I logged in after this midnight (but before 9AM Aug 25) and they lost the surveys.    I wrote to the support, and they gave the survey rewards to some of them but didn't give to others, independently of the time they logged in in the interval between 00.00 and 9.00 AM CT Aug 25. To those whom they denied the items they explained that  the account "didn't log in during Aug 24", and lately they didn't accept any  appeals and don't want to respond any more.   

Please make the rewards available for all who logged in before Aug 25 9:00 AM CT!