Weekly Server Maintenance - Dec. 21 & Dec. 28, 2022 [Aion]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Hello and happy holidays, Daevas! 

Here are tomorrow's maintenance notes for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 3.5 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Fixed: Fortress Gate / Siege Object HP Issue
  • EXP/AP Double Boost Event Begins
  • Winter Holiday Survey (12/24~12/25) -> (12/26 - 12/31)
    • +1 Snowball
    • [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star
    • [Event] Giant Abyssal Star
    • [Event] Tea of Repose - 100% Recovery
    • [Event] Warm Cookie Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Rudolph Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Santa Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Snowman Doll Mask
  • Winter Black Cloud Marketplace Update
    • The return of some great winter holiday-themed items to the Black Cloud Marketplace (+30 items)

UPDATE (12/26): We've noticed that Winter Holiday Survey didn't send out properly due to the technical issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Survey period has been changed to December 26th - 31st.

Please Note:  Due to the holidays, there will be no specific maintenance notes posted on 12/28, as the game will just experience a weekly reset during the normal maintenance period, which should remain approximately 3.5 hours long.

Thank you!

@EMpulse Why wasn't Solorinerk Egg  (24-space pet bag) added to the Black Cloud Market this year? We need someone to hold our holiday presents, so it would be nice to have it added to the BCM or (even better) Luna Crafts for the season 🎁🎄.

86UxNj3U.png

9 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Could we please get a week or two break from the renown dropping? I hate having to make time during the holidays!

I upvote this. Need to prioritize spending time with friends and family for the holidays (Santa's gifts wont move themselves) so not having to worry about Renown for a week or two would be fantastic.

So can we get some input on this stealth change @EMpulse

Frozen Magics Abound! 

Event Duration: December 7 – December 28 

It used to say January 11th in there, and the snowballs in the store are on sale until January 4th. Also your post is saying that next wednesday there will be nothing  else happening except for the weekly reset and there will be no maintenance post, yet events are suppose to be ending then. So can we get a clear statement as to when are the current events ending? @EMpulse

1 hour ago, Viseris-KT said:

So can we get some input on this stealth change @EMpulse

It used to say January 11th in there, and the snowballs in the store are on sale until January 4th. Also your post is saying that next wednesday there will be nothing  else happening except for the weekly reset and there will be no maintenance post, yet events are suppose to be ending then. So can we get a clear statement as to when are the current events ending? @EMpulse

I was sure it was 4 weeks initially and then I saw it ends December 28th so it is a total of 3 weeks only. Was it 4 weeks and they changed it or was I just misreading something?

This is the last week of it, it seems too soon!

Edited by Arhangelos

Let's discuss this quick change that was done.

So originally when this event was announced on "news" The dates was December 7th til January 4th, and all items would be deleted January 11th. 

Now the post reads that the event will go December 7th to December 28th?  and all items will be deleted on January 11th

Before on forums post from December 6th it didn't have any mention of end dates just that events were starting, but now it is saying that BOTH Frozen Magic Promotion & Apsaranta Winter Meal Kit Event will run from December 7 – December 28.  Which wasn't there in the beginning, and the "Apsaranta Winter Meal Kit STILL has the original dates of December 7th to January 4th on it.

Has it really come to where have to screenshot EVERYTHING this company posts because they will simply try and sneak a date change in without notice?  People was happy with this event ending January 4th, but the quick change of dates has everyone angry, even if it was a typo on NCWEST part it should be honored.  Isn't the players fault that wrong dates were announced.

This is a good event where everyone wants to take full advantage of farming the snowballs for the chances at getting the rewards, so give them the chance to be able to do it.

We are asking that you revert the dates back to the original date announced which was January 4th.

Please do the right thing and fix this.

Thank you,

-Trinitystar-

Sadly, this is not the first  time I've noticed a ninja sneak in and change something about an event (whether it be a listed reward or a date change) 🥷. I believe past Snowball Events have always lasted 4 weeks total, so I'm not sure what the purpose of shortening the event is... Just looks shady  and leaves the players disgruntled.

Edited by Gallium-DN

29 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

Sadly, this is not the first  time I've noticed a ninja sneak in and change something about an event (whether it be a listed reward or a date change) 🥷. I believe past Snowball Events have always lasted 4 weeks total, so I'm not sure what the purpose of shortening the event is... Just looks shady  and leaves the players disgruntled.

Not really, "last year" was actually this year in february when they did the snowballs event instead of christmas/new year time and it was only 2 weeks. 

https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/frozen-magic-2022

Anyway, they are setting themselves up for outrage again, first they didnt even announce the duration or the details of the event at start, then two weeks in they changed an old event page that most people wont even check anymore because its been pushed far back, and the expectation is for these events to last at least until after new year. It could be as simple as a typo, but who knows with them anymore.

Edited by Viseris-KT

On 12/20/2022 at 9:25 PM, EMpulse said:

Hello and happy holidays, Daevas! 

Here are tomorrow's maintenance notes for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 3.5 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Fixed: Fortress Gate / Siege Object HP Issue
  • EXP/AP Double Boost Event Begins
  • Winter Holiday Survey (12/24~12/25)
    • +1 Snowball
    • [Event] Berdin's Giant Lucky Star
    • [Event] Giant Abyssal Star
    • [Event] Tea of Repose - 100% Recovery
    • [Event] Warm Cookie Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Rudolph Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Santa Doll Mask
    • [Event] Warm Snowman Doll Mask
  • Winter Black Cloud Marketplace Update
    • The return of some great winter holiday-themed items to the Black Cloud Marketplace (+30 items)

Please Note:  Due to the holidays, there will be no specific maintenance notes posted on 12/28, as the game will just experience a weekly reset during the normal maintenance period, which should remain approximately 3.5 hours long.

Thank you!

You're really not doing a good job, YOUR PEOPLE ARE LEAVING! About all those who with sweat and a lot of time dedicate to this game. IT IS A SEASON WHERE YOUR EVENTS SHOULD BE THE BEST, but it occurs to you to put those nonsense things. the drop is so disastrous that even raising a stigma is very difficult. I don't understand why you cling to things so old and make them very difficult. REACTION TO! Or in case you don't feel like doing it, just publish it and that's it. END FOR THE AGE OF AION

So someone took the time to update the survey issue, but totally ignored what everyone is asking about, and its a simple question -

Is the snowball event ending tomorrow/today (Yes/No/Cancel)? @EMpulse

Amazing community management there, your are just digging a new low every single time.

Edited by Yetah

6 minutes ago, Tauryel said:

Hello, all right? Do you know what time the game comes back? I'm from Brazil, and it's making mistakes.

Do you know what time maintenance ends? please :)

I know the time that it starts is 6am server time, but the amount of time it lasts is not always the same. Today there is little to nothing to change so I assume it might take about 2 hours or so in total.

@EMpulseCan you or another member of the team please clarify when events are ending? The dates in the announcements are all wrong: The Frozen Magics Abound! (AKA Snowball Event) duration is listed for December 7 – December 28. However, the event continued this past week. The Apsaranta Meal Kit Event duration is listed for December 7 – January 4 , but the event ended last week. Finally, the Winter Wonderland event duration is listed for December 14 – January 11... Is this last part true at least?