Help unban my account

Shotbot

Hello Aion community,

I need to ask for your help over the forum because the tickets I have sent and the appeals that I am making against the ban of my account are not being attended to. I consider a permanent ban to be something arbitrary that has been imposed on me. As an active player in the community, I have never had previous problems or any kinds of warning. I am an ironic player that likes joking around, because I consider that is what games are for. They are to have fun, make you laugh and allow for good times spent with friends. This is known by the entire Aion community, especially with whom I have played with throughout the time I have been active and by those who have given me additional support by sending appeal tickets on my behalf. The banned account is my own. In the tickets that I have sent within the last few days, this statement can be corroborated. In addition to that, it can be stated that both my IP and my ticket history as a player have never received any type of sanction. I hope that the community in the forum can support me.

Please help me, the permanent ban seems unfair to someone who has never had any problems or previous complaints and my account is something sentimental that I would never put up for sale.

Regards.

Edited by Shotbot

SHOTBOT is a big active player who made a sarcastic/mocking comment for lfg. The decision to ban his account for that reason seems extreme to me. many players use hack and have not been banned.

I ask that you return your account please. It is very difficult to get as armed as he has it.

Justice for Shotbot! 

Edited by lQuesito

There is something called freedom of speech, a person can say anything including any sort of pyrophanites. If he said something, he would have been frustrated with the way we have been treated. An account CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE BANNED unless investigated thoroughly and above all SHOTBOT's account should not be banned due what he sarcastically said. I am sure he never meant it, SHOTBOT is an active player and big supported of this game. We demand that his account should be reinstated please. 

Shotbot spent life hours to get where he is, and all his hard work cannot be turned to ashes just because he expressed his frustration.... 

I've known Shotbot for a long time, it's sad to see your frustration with the situation you're going through, for making a joke in the chat (as you always do) and I feel much sadder to see the evilness of people taking the time to report a joke that the friend did it, aiming only to harm the next, the same ones who are playing aion every day, having fun, I can't understand so much badness in the person for making a complaint like this to his own game partner...

Shotbot is playing daily, he is always involved with the faction leaders to help get things done, he is known as a good and influential player who is greatly missed on the asmodian side, where we have no leaders and no organization, but even so this guy does it is possible and impossible to unite people through chat, which, ridiculously for making a joke, had its account reported by a player... impossible to believe in such a thing...

Our game community is already small, and even so, people don't hesitate to act mean because of a joke...

You can see that this Shotbot guy is an active player, everyone knows him, he plays every day and he has many friendships in the game.

Please, return this guy's account and do all the analysis possible to verify that you are wrong in your ban. If possible, apply a lighter penalty, so you can pay for your mistake, an account block for a few days, but not this permanent ban.

So it is clear to me that the ToS and the GM interpretation of them are black and white and do not allow for a judgement call or any middle ground. Yes, everyone who RMT should be banned and you've done a good job with actual companies and websites spamming our LFG and getting rid of them. 

Shotbot's case is markedly different and requires a review knowing all the details and someone with the authority and power to change the decision or lighten the sentence. Heck people actually hacking Stormwing event got let off with a warning. I know Shotbot. Since I came back 2 years ago or so he's been my friend. He cares about people, he loves PVP and Aion, he tries to organize, he NEVER RMTs ever. He works and worked very hard for everything he has and made no indication that he didn't want his character anymore. The usual channels for these are on discord and there are plenty, but no Shotbot never put his account there. 

Some context. Asmo struggle to get numbers for bosses and such against Elyos. It is refreshing if we get to the 30s. In this case Elyos came with 75++ while we just managed to make a 2nd alliance with a few people in it. The battle was hopeless and I believe, sarcastically, he said "wts ranger" met with a sarcastic response of "10 kinah". This type of talk is common in the community, often in legion chats and more often in discord. It is the nature of gaming today. Actual text in Aion is much different than what the community experiences with group chats, direct and all the other features discord and others have to offer. 

I believe in Aion GMs and I believe they don't have the authority to adequately override the specific details in the ToS, even though it is warranted in this case. Please @EMpulseor anyone in the system send this for appeal and have the circumstances and history examined. Shotbot is not only a great friend and person, but he was our legion leader (Strongest on Asmo side) and pretty much our faction leader or co-leader. 

Thank you.

Paul

@GMLeon@EMpulse@RinHave you opened the possibilities of returning the account to this player? I think they could reconsider stopping doing this kind of thing just like that. Open any possibility or will the ASMO side continue to decline? I personally have given evidence of other types of fraud and improper behavior or the use of hacks and people remain unpunished.

Shobot is a very active player. I think that such an important low for the ASMO side will be in very bad taste. Already in itself the game is very inactive on the side of Asmo. consider a little that if I comment or provoke an infringement by writing in the LFG chat could see it was a misunderstanding and a joke. It is not fair that it is a permanent penalty. 

Please hope you consider it.  for the good of the community. This will also be an example to not fall into the same error again 2 times. 

Let him be an example for all.

Justice for Shotbot! 

I thought it was a problem that would be solved quickly as your answers to the tickets but apparently not because my friend had to resort to write in the forum so that you realize that the ban that you made him was not correct because if you were a little more responsible about the game you could warn him but not ban him about what he can and can not write in the LFG channel.
I ask you to give him back his account because the ban he received is not fair, as well as blocking him from explaining what he jokingly wrote in the LFG channel.
I hope that as fast as he was banned, he will get his account back.

Justice for Shotbot! 

I don't know what crime he committed to take a permanent ban, but I believe that if it was a message in game, it shouldn't be so serious to take a permanent ban. he's a good player and I've never seen him cause problems in the chats, probably if that happened, they could have given a 7 day chat ban. but banning the account I think it was too radical.

I think that a permanent ban is too harsh for this situation.  What happened to warnings and temporary bans? I have seen people actually do worse things and get less punishment.  This game is already suffering due to low population  especially the Asmo side.   Shotbot is an active member of our community and for this to  be final without consideration is  nerk.  It would be nice if a GM would actually care instead of cutting and pasting a generic reply to every interaction.

I believe that the decision of the permanent ban is extreme, there should have been prior warnings, especially considering that he could explain the situation. Please consider the possibility of reopening this case to find a solution. The game itself already has a low player population, and this type of action makes the community feel that we do not have support from the GMs who are there to investigate and intervene in this type of case. ShotBot is known to be an active player, who is always helping the Asmo faction, but great friend and person too. So please consider our all opinion. 

Thanks. 

Asuna. 

I have the same issue.

My account has being banned with no reason.  Sent emails to support and appeals and I haven't received  answer to any of them.  Like Shotbot said perma-ban is arbitrary and we are just being ignore, instead of solving the issue.

Many people write daily they sell accounts and they still there, there are many people that actually deserve ban and you guys were so definitive with someone who has expend a lot of time playing, help our faction and is far away of having bad player behavior.

I truly hope that you will reconsider this case and at least give him a second chance to prove that he's not interested in selling accounts or somethin similar. Just a simple dude who enjoys the game and of course, we are worried because he's important player to us.

We know this game have rules but this is wrong and just not fair. People should not be wrongly judge by something they didnt really mean to do.

I believe that the decision they made to ban Shotbot for a joke he put on lfg is arbitrary and unfair. He was just disheartened to see that no matter how hard we try we can't against the huge difference in numbers that the Elio side leads us. They have not done anything to improve the factions imbalance and not to mention for all those who use hacks and that despite the tests they are insufficient or invalid for administrators. Shotbot is a very active player and he always supports, that has caused the anger of the opposing faction and caused this, if the ban continues, we can only see more decay on the asmo side. Seeing how the administrators act with such favoritism towards the Elio side, since we are not even free to make a joke and the Elios do what they want and remain active

Hi GMs,

Shotbot is one of the best players on the Asmodian faction; not only that, but he is also one of the friendliest, and quite frankly he's funny & fun to play with.

If he got banned for a sarcastic comment that any reasonable person would have interpreted as a joke (we sure all did, when we were with him), not as  an actual breach of ToS by selling accounts / RMT, etc, I believe that requires an immediate re-consideration and undoing of his permanent ban. It's simply not reasonable, and not even the appropriate "punishment" for the "crime".  Sarcastic comments happen all the time, and blankly taking them at face value is unreasonable. 

Furthermore, I believe you're focusing your banning/curating efforts on the wrong types of "offenses". 

From my point of view I think they should return the account to SHOTBOT, apart I think first it is suspended a few days and if it does it again in that case if what happens is that it was direct banning, that seems strange to me apart a game that already has a number of players less than previous years and are removing a leader of the faction that should think about it and analyze it more for the Future of the Aion.

he returns the shotbot account, he is a very active player and very attentive to the faction, he jokes sometimes and is a bit silly with what he says, but he is a fair player.

It's painful to see how the effort of years of gaming is taken away from a person who hasn't done anything serious.

They should value the players a little more, gentlemen GMs