ChainSword TAC has better base Stats that Stormwing

Grammita

Would anyone please explain why Tac ChainSword  has 345 - 383 Attack Base and Stormwing  320 - 354 Attack base.

Why a fabled item is better than a eternal in base stats? this makes absolutely not sense to me.  Is this a bug or wtf its going on there?

Thanks

pve player with eight characters discovers pvp gear for the first time

wears steel rake gear to dredge and gets shredded, doesn't realize what's happening, talks mad rubbish

I'm glad your legion is finally venturing outside its bubble and asking questions about gear added like five patches ago

2 hours ago, Locke said:

wears steel rake gear to dredge and gets shredded, doesn't realize what's happening, talks mad rubbish

I'm glad your legion is finally venturing outside its bubble and asking questions about gear added like five patches ago

It's a problem on Nezekan, the Elyos have not taken an Inggison fort yet,  the 55s either don't turn up, or they don't xform,.

So Dredge gear mostly consists of either SR or Tac NCO,  with near zero manastones.

You can get some medals from the Growth Pass premium, but only enough to get a couple of accessories.

From a healing perspective, Templars in either SR or Tac NCO gear are  very hard to keep alive, their HP goes down much faster than the casting time of the big heal skills except Ripple or Flash.

Edited by Zurl

Tac weapons have higher base stats than most SW weapon counterparts. They have only 1 of the 3 needed stat mods though, which is why theyre just used as a placeholder until you get an actual end game weapon. Stormwing weapons were never best in slot, nor good in comparison to other 55 eternals. 

The fact remains though, that Stormwings chainsword is leagues better than the Tac weapon due to the added stats, as well as the fact that Exe skills have high base attack, and chainswords have a high base damage, to where 30 attack isn't going to provide a noticable damage difference. Chainswords have a very gross crit multiplier, to where even in SR gear with no pvp accessories, youll still crit 3-5k's in PvP. The crit on the Stormwings > attack difference. Aim for ABG obviously combined with another 55 eternal that offers attack/crit/acc, and that's the same meta all classes are in right now. 

edit: good news for Exe's, Parry or MR is going to be the meta due to how gross the weapon is functionally designed. So Manastones aren't an issue once you can hit 600-700 crit. (also why SW > Tac) 

Edited by Jake-DN

On 6/2/2023 at 5:34 PM, Locke said:

In what world TAC is a pvp set? 

my eight chars are full SW/TAC, obviously you are in love with me or its just envy.

I do have a lot of pvp gear possibly better than yours poppy love.

Edited by Grammita

6 hours ago, Grammita said:

In what world TAC is a pvp set? 

my eight chars are full SW/TAC, obviously you are in love with me or its just envy.

I do have a lot of pvp gear possibly better than yours poppy love.

It's later on in Aion, they add some more NPCs which sell the PvP versions of the gear.

Called Coliseum Champion's gear from memory.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:09 PM, Grammita said:

Would anyone please explain why Tac ChainSword  has 345 - 383 Attack Base and Stormwing  320 - 354 Attack base.

Why a fabled item is better than a eternal in base stats? this makes absolutely not sense to me.  Is this a bug or wtf its going on there?

Thanks

This is the case with all the weapons, Tac has a higher base attack than stormwing on every weapon. The trade off however is the remainder of your core stats (crit and accuracy are the main ones)  The weapon is meant to be a buy in placeholder that allows you to gain access to stormwing gear. 

On 6/3/2023 at 5:26 PM, Jake-DN said:

Tac weapons have higher base stats than most SW weapon counterparts. They have only 1 of the 3 needed stat mods though, which is why theyre just used as a placeholder until you get an actual end game weapon. Stormwing weapons were never best in slot, nor good in comparison to other 55 eternals. 

The fact remains though, that Stormwings chainsword is leagues better than the Tac weapon due to the added stats, as well as the fact that Exe skills have high base attack, and chainswords have a high base damage, to where 30 attack isn't going to provide a noticable damage difference. Chainswords have a very gross crit multiplier, to where even in SR gear with no pvp accessories, youll still crit 3-5k's in PvP. The crit on the Stormwings > attack difference. Aim for ABG obviously combined with another 55 eternal that offers attack/crit/acc, and that's the same meta all classes are in right now. 

edit: good news for Exe's, Parry or MR is going to be the meta due to how gross the weapon is functionally designed. So Manastones aren't an issue once you can hit 600-700 crit. (also why SW > Tac) 

^Jake summed this up perfectly, the only reason I have quoted this is to add that right now parry is the play for exe as it allows for management of it's resource, as well as an on demand attack buff (it has it's own version of courageous shield) as well as access to it's highest single target output on non knocked back targets along with an on demand  knockback to begin full damage output on a single target.  It's also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper of a first set to buy in comparison to MR.