Doubt about the Drop of the instances without Siel's Aura

Ominosa

Hello, now that the free trial of Siel's Aura is over, I decided to take the opportunity to compare the game experience without this 'benefit' by creating another character.

When I entered Haramel and got ready to start the Shugo quests, I found that I couldn't get the quest item it asked for (odella or refined Odium, something like that), which is of 'common' quality (name written in white letters), so I figured I could complete that mission. This surprise led me to ask myself some questions:

If I can't grab quest items, even for an instance quest, how am I going to complete it without Siel's Aura? So, the instances are useless, beyond the XP that the bugs grant and missions that do not require grabbing items, if you do not have Siel's Aura activated?

Do I rely solely on quest rewards to get everything?

(spanish)

Hola, ahora que la prueba gratuita de Siel's Aura ha terminado, decidí aprovechar para comparar la experiencia de juego sin este "beneficio" creando otro personaje.

Cuando entré a Haramel y me dispuse a comenzar con las misiones del Shugo, me encontré con que no podía agarrar el objeto de misión que me pedía(odella u Odium refinado, algo así), el cual es de calidad "comun"(nombre escrito en letras de color blanco), por lo que supuse que podría completar esa misión. Esta sorpresa me llevó a hacerme algunas dudas:

Si no puedo agarrar objetos de misión, ni siquiera para una misión de instancia, ¿cómo la voy a completar sin Siel's Aura? entonces ¿las instancias no sirven para nada, más allá de la XP que otorgan los bichos y misiones que no requieran agarrar objetos, si no tienes Siel's Aura activada?

¿Dependo exclusivamente de las recompenzas de misión para conseguir todo?

Edited by Ominosa

UPDATE:

I was trying to complete a campaign mission, the kind of yellow one that everyone has to do to progress. It asks me to hand over something called "Icon of Kaisiniel" (which, by the way, is a "Common" object). Well, it turns out that it won't let me pick up the object, I repeat, the "common" object necessary for a campaign mission because I don't have Siel's Aura activated.

Oh really? really? oh really? How am I supposed to complete campaign missions if I can't take the quest items I need? do i have to pay for that too? 

I want to think that it is a bug and that it will be fixed soon, because it seems ridiculous to me.

Edited by Ominosa

6 hours ago, Ominosa said:

UPDATE:

I was trying to complete a campaign mission, the kind of yellow one that everyone has to do to progress. It asks me to hand over something called "Icon of Kaisiniel" (which, by the way, is a "Common" object). Well, it turns out that it won't let me pick up the object, I repeat, the "common" object necessary for a campaign mission because I don't have Siel's Aura activated.

Oh really? really? oh really? How am I supposed to complete campaign missions if I can't take the quest items I need? do i have to pay for that too? 

I want to think that it is a bug and that it will be fixed soon, because it seems ridiculous to me.

Correct, it is an intended feature to us to have.

Please enjoy to continue to either not pick up basic mission items if you are a gross f2p, or continue to enjoy picking up basic mission items by paying a monthly sub. But you're still considered 3rd class unless you unlock all Premium Daeva Passes.

The servers have to be kept up somehow.

Please be kind to devs they are indie and brand new to the MMORPG scene.

Thank you. ❤️

Edited by 2s65F09

7 hours ago, Ominosa said:

UPDATE:

You get 2hrs. per day worth of Siel's Aura, do the campaign quest in those 2hrs.

43 minutes ago, Zurl said:

You get 2hrs. per day worth of Siel's Aura, do the campaign quest in those 2hrs.

Not anymore. It seems they revert back the policy to pre patch 2.4 when free aura was only 1 hour and only junk items can be looted. 

1 hour ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

We still have the NA-boosted 2 hour free daily Siel's Aura time

But now we only have 0.5x XP (instead of 1x) and unable to loot white items  (including quest items)

Last time I logged in a few hours after the server up, I saw my free aura only for 1 hour 😳. I need to check again. Thanks

Edited by Bogel

15 hours ago, Ominosa said:

It is understandable that a free to play game needs to offer services to profit from micro transactions.  But instead of taking away basic features in an MMORPG.  to the free user, the premium user bonus could be improved.  If they don't encourage the free player a bit to continue playing, a large part of the user will lose interest and for things like that and the feeling of an empty online game, it will gradually kill the server.  There's not much point in playing a free to play MMORPG that you can't equip and upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 6:37 AM, Bogel said:

Not anymore. It seems they revert back the policy to pre patch 2.4 when free aura was only 1 hour and only junk items can be looted. 

I have only been back one day so far and this is classic greed at it's best. If you want to charge a fee then do that. But do not put in big bold letters FREE TO PLAY if you are not going to honor that claim. This is considered Bait and Switch. Do not say  FREE TO PLAY  and then charge a fee. I have put a complaint in with the FTC. Unfair practices are not what we want to see here. Take away the sign FREE TO PLAY or pay the price. Everyone who reads this can do the same. Put in a complaint with FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION). Thanks, Theritaradar!!

I did try to log in today and create a new character and I was not able to pick up basic items for my girl to finish campaign quests or general qu3ests. That is not free to play.

1 hour ago, theritaradar-DN said:

Do not say  FREE TO PLAY  and then charge a fee.

Aion Classic | Official Site | Play on PC Now! (aiononline.com)

https://www.aiononline.com/classic

🧐Where on this page does it say "Free to Play" ?
Free Trial   = Yes

Free to play = 0/zero/ nada/nothing/niente/  NO!

I can't find any of your statements!

Edited by Doris

10 hours ago, theritaradar-DN said:

I have only been back one day so far and this is classic greed at it's best. If you want to charge a fee then do that. But do not put in big bold letters FREE TO PLAY if you are not going to honor that claim. This is considered Bait and Switch. Do not say  FREE TO PLAY  and then charge a fee. I have put a complaint in with the FTC. Unfair practices are not what we want to see here. Take away the sign FREE TO PLAY or pay the price. Everyone who reads this can do the same. Put in a complaint with FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION). Thanks, Theritaradar!!

I did try to log in today and create a new character and I was not able to pick up basic items for my girl to finish campaign quests or general qu3ests. That is not free to play.

Greetings! AI Customer Support here.

"Free to play" (often abbreviated as F2P) refers to a business model commonly used in the video game industry, where a game or software is made available for users to play or access without an upfront cost. In a free-to-play game, players can typically download and start playing the game without paying anything.

However, it's important to note that while the initial access to the game is free, there are often optional in-game purchases or microtransactions available.

These purchases can include cosmetic items, additional features, in-game currency, or other virtual goods that enhance the gameplay experience. These microtransactions allow players to customize their characters or progress more quickly within the game.

The revenue generated from these in-game purchases is what supports the development and maintenance of the free-to-play game. The success of this business model relies on a portion of players voluntarily choosing to make these purchases, while others may continue playing without spending money.

It's crucial for players to understand the mechanics and potential costs associated with a free-to-play game before engaging with it. Reading the game's terms of service, privacy policy, and understanding the in-game purchase options can help users make informed decisions about their involvement with the game.

You can find more information about our Terms of Service at this link: https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/legal

By reading and understanding the ToS, you can be aware of what you are agreeing to when using a service. This includes understanding the limitations of the service, your obligations as a user, and any potential consequences for violating the terms.

It's important to note that terms of service can be lengthy and filled with legal jargon.

If you find it challenging to understand certain sections, seeking legal advice or clarification can be helpful. Additionally, it's a good practice to periodically review the terms of service, as they may change over time, and staying up to date can help you make informed decisions about your continued use of a service.

Thank you and continue to enjoy our services provided!

(this post is completely satire and not meant to be taken seriously.)

3 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Greetings! AI Customer Support here.

"Free to play" (often abbreviated as F2P) refers to a business model commonly used in the video game industry, where a game or software is made available for users to play or access without an upfront cost. In a free-to-play game, players can typically download and start playing the game without paying anything.

However, it's important to note that while the initial access to the game is free, there are often optional in-game purchases or microtransactions available.

These purchases can include cosmetic items, additional features, in-game currency, or other virtual goods that enhance the gameplay experience. These microtransactions allow players to customize their characters or progress more quickly within the game.

The revenue generated from these in-game purchases is what supports the development and maintenance of the free-to-play game. The success of this business model relies on a portion of players voluntarily choosing to make these purchases, while others may continue playing without spending money.

It's crucial for players to understand the mechanics and potential costs associated with a free-to-play game before engaging with it. Reading the game's terms of service, privacy policy, and understanding the in-game purchase options can help users make informed decisions about their involvement with the game.

You can find more information about our Terms of Service at this link: https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/legal

By reading and understanding the ToS, you can be aware of what you are agreeing to when using a service. This includes understanding the limitations of the service, your obligations as a user, and any potential consequences for violating the terms.

It's important to note that terms of service can be lengthy and filled with legal jargon.

If you find it challenging to understand certain sections, seeking legal advice or clarification can be helpful. Additionally, it's a good practice to periodically review the terms of service, as they may change over time, and staying up to date can help you make informed decisions about your continued use of a service.

Thank you and continue to enjoy our services provided!

(this post is completely satire and not meant to be taken seriously.)

Maaaan.. this is SO like some Customer Supports that we see here in the internet!  LOL!   :D  xD 

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 1:41 AM, 2s65F09 said:

Correct, it is an intended feature to us to have.

Please enjoy to continue to either not pick up basic mission items if you are a gross f2p, or continue to enjoy picking up basic mission items by paying a monthly sub. But you're still considered 3rd class unless you unlock all Premium Daeva Passes.

The servers have to be kept up somehow.

Please be kind to devs they are indie and brand new to the MMORPG scene.

Thank you. ❤️

Damn, you mfs are greedy! 😂

On 6/21/2023 at 6:59 PM, Nelchon said:

It is understandable that a free to play game needs to offer services to profit from micro transactions.  But instead of taking away basic features in an MMORPG.  to the free user, the premium user bonus could be improved.  If they don't encourage the free player a bit to continue playing, a large part of the user will lose interest and for things like that and the feeling of an empty online game, it will gradually kill the server.  There's not much point in playing a free to play MMORPG that you can't equip and upgrade.

There's nothing "micro" about these "transactions", prices in the shop are really stupid. If they made any sense I'd have actually spent something there for skins or pets etc, instead all they got from my wallet is the Siel for a few months (that I no longer pay as I won't support them any longer before they fix this broken game). Not that I can't afford it, just there's no worth in what you get for what you pay, just like paying $100 for a pizza irl.

Edited by Shirene-DN