Steel Rake

Trevforelvis

I tried Steel Rake at level 41 and failed miserably so now I’m level 43 I am trying again but having some difficulty. I killed Golden Eye Mantutu but can’t open the chest behind him. Next I clear No 1 Cargo Hold but can’t remember a key holder called Sturdy Babukin and have killed everything in there so I haven’t got the Menagerie Key so can’t go further. Please can anyone help me as never done Steel Rake before and I’m looking at guides on YouTube but can’t find anywhere I’ve gone wrong, please help because it looks like I will have to come out and wait ,  Thanks 

The chest behind Mantutu is for a quest, if you don't have it you can just ignore it.  

Babukin is a large Shulack that patrols the first big room after Mantutu. There's a lot of mobs in that room so you have to carefully pull and kill them while Bubukin is on the far side of the room.  

If you can beat Mantutu you should be able reach Lahulahu, the last boss of the lower deck, just don't forget to use the Shulack Bomb item when you get double pulls.  

When you get to Lahulahu use both running and attack/cast speed scrolls, he runs around the room opening steam valves. When he dies you take a lot of damage for each valve he opened, so keep your HP bar full and use shock scrolls if you have them as well.

8 hours ago, Alance said:

The chest behind Mantutu is for a quest, if you don't have it you can just ignore it.  

Babukin is a large Shulack that patrols the first big room after Mantutu. There's a lot of mobs in that room so you have to carefully pull and kill them while Bubukin is on the far side of the room.  

If you can beat Mantutu you should be able reach Lahulahu, the last boss of the lower deck, just don't forget to use the Shulack Bomb item when you get double pulls.  

When you get to Lahulahu use both running and attack/cast speed scrolls, he runs around the room opening steam valves. When he dies you take a lot of damage for each valve he opened, so keep your HP bar full and use shock scrolls if you have them as well.

I’ve cleared the room but Babukin wasn’t in the room at all

Steel Rake's final boss is level 46, so you need to be at least level 44 to deal full damage to him.

• Level 43: 90% damage
  • Level 42: 80% damage
  • Level 41: 70% damage, 10% additional resist rate
  • Level 40: 60% damage, 20% additional resist rate

Also enchant your weapon to +10. At same item level, lower grade weapons enchantment can be done with lower level enchantment stones. (green < blue < gold)

On 7/30/2023 at 7:20 AM, Zurl said:

He is always in it, did you pick up his key?

Watch video

I just started again and he was there this time , I still can’t open the chest in the room with Mantutu, also how long does it normally take to do Steel Rake as I lost the shulach bomb just as I got into the upper deck, also if you leave the ship how long do you get to still get back in and from where you left as after 3 hours I had to empty my inventory and once I got back I had to restart again ?

12 hours ago, Trevforelvis said:

I just started again and he was there this time , I still can’t open the chest in the room with Mantutu, also how long does it normally take to do Steel Rake as I lost the shulach bomb just as I got into the upper deck, also if you leave the ship how long do you get to still get back in and from where you left as after 3 hours I had to empty my inventory and once I got back I had to restart again ?

You can't open the chest because you don't have the required quest, so forget about it.

12 hours ago, Trevforelvis said:

I’ve completed my first Steel Rake and now lvl 47, should I still do Steel Rake and do I kill everything and lose my shulack bomb by the time I get to big bosses or just do minimal to get through to them ?

You better have the big bomb for the bosses.